To be clear only one fighter was ever closed to being finished between Nate and Leon

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Leon was done, idk why so many of y’all hate Diaz to the degree where you can’t credit him for almost taking out Leon. Leon resembled a Gray Maynard in his 3rd fight against Nate. Leon was able to grab and hug Nate to recover, otherwise that boy was about done. For his age Nate fought a decent fight and didn’t get finished, and got about as close to a TKO you can get without having the extra time to finish him off. Nate looked way better against Leon than Cerrone, who y’all love to gas up so much. It is what it is but give credit where credit is due goofs.
200.gif

Your favorite fight lost. It's ok. These things happen. It'll be all right.

The issue is if he even landed a jab after he rocked him Leon would've been done and out, but he's so fucking stupid he spent 10 seconds taunting him instead of winning

Leon "walked him down" while throwing nothing, Nate would back up and then throws spurts of offense going forward. Leon was content trying to counter and throw kicks from distance.

That's the problem though, Edwards doesn't have any fans. This was suppose to be his big chance to really make a statement. If he had been pushing forward and really putting the pressure on Nate and finished him or came close, it could have really elevated his stock. Instead he stuck to his normal gameplan and didn't gain any fans.

Agreed, this was his opportunity to really make a statement and I don't think he did enough to gain any new fans.
Yeah man, I was pleading with him to throw something at Nate when he was doing that shit. He's leaning over, throw a damn kick at the man's head. Especially after he didn't for so long, maybe Nate would have been caught sleeping on it. Especially when Thomson and Masvidal both rocked Diaz world with head kicks.

Leon didn't look bad, he just didn't do what he was expected/supposed to do. He had the opportunity where he stung Nate a couple times with kicks, where he stunned him with his punches. Put the man away, say you're the first person in 10 years to have done it or whatever, and say you'll do it to Usman.

If it's purely athletics, ok cool, you got the W. You built up your resume. You're inching your way to the top. If it's about leaving a legacy, making a statement, getting more fans and more money, you've gotta take some chances.

Fight sucked because only one fighter was willing to engage. That's why Leon will never have fans, how are you supposedly leagues better than an opponent but won't put any pressure on your opponent besides leg kicks from the outside? If you're an Edwards detractor, nothing in this fight changed your mind. If you're a Diaz fan, he did everything that ingratiates himself to his fan-base. He was the one moving forward, and came the closest to finishing the fight.

Leon reminds me a bit of Darren Till, both are terrified of entering the pocket lol

Fight sucked because only one fighter was willing to engage. That's why Leon will never have fans, how are you supposedly leagues better than an opponent but won't put any pressure on your opponent besides leg kicks from the outside? If you're an Edwards detractor, nothing in this fight changed your mind. If you're a Diaz fan, he did everything that ingratiates himself to his fan-base. He was the one moving forward, and came the closest to finishing the fight.
No. Nate turned his back and ran in almost every round. Your biased and incorrect. Leon even kicked nate lightly in the ass to clown him for doing that?? I guess you only remember the last minute of the fight

Leon was done, idk why so many of y’all hate Diaz to the degree where you can’t credit him for almost taking out Leon. Leon resembled a Gray Maynard in his 3rd fight against Nate. Leon was able to grab and hug Nate to recover, otherwise that boy was about done. For his age Nate fought a decent fight and didn’t get finished, and got about as close to a TKO you can get without having the extra time to finish him off. Nate looked way better against Leon than Cerrone, who y’all love to gas up so much. It is what it is but give credit where credit is due goofs.

Huh ? I have seen more peoples shit on Leon than on Nate lol. WTF are you talking about ?

No. Nate turned his back and ran in almost every round. Your biased and incorrect. Leon even kicked nate lightly in the ass to clown him for doing that?? I guess you only remember the last minute of the fight

Who initiated the exchanges? You're telling me Leon was the one throwing punches first? Leon was leg kicking and trying to counter the 1-2s Nate was coming in with.

Leon wasn't nearly out at all. He was intelligently defending himself by tying Diaz up.

Whatever helps you sleep better. Leon won. Nate got new scar tissue und will limp a while.

Also Nate did not really do shit other than offer his ass for 24 minutes.

Who initiated the exchanges? You're telling me Leon was the one throwing punches first? Leon was leg kicking and trying to counter the 1-2s Nate was coming in with.
Your probably impressed with izzys performance?? It was the same as leon but not as clean

Nah, I was as underwhelmed by Izzy's performance as I was Leon's.
Ok good. Izzy didnt engage similar to leon. Neither had too aplly pressuse due to the gameplan was working. Not the most appealing style but the guy losing has to swtich it up. I do wish nate caught leon with that punch earlier in the fight but nate literally turned his back and ran which is mind blowing to me compared to ANYTHING leon did

Everyone is giving him the credit that is DUE

You're giving him far too much credit for rocking Leon after getting destroyed for 24 min

They cant credit Nate because they are casual Leon dick riders, end of the day Nate exposed him and showed what Pillow hands is made of. Nate clowned him, lost but clowned his ass

They cant credit Nate because they are casual Leon dick riders, end of the day Nate exposed him and showed what Pillow hands is made of. Nate clowned him, lost but clowned his ass
You understand it perfectly bro, it’s not even about the fact that Nate lost but he definitely showed that Leon ain’t all that and he damn near got embarrassed with little time left on the clock.

Back