To be clear only one fighter was ever closed to being finished between Nate and Leon

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Leon was done, idk why so many of y’all hate Diaz to the degree where you can’t credit him for almost taking out Leon. Leon resembled a Gray Maynard in his 3rd fight against Nate. Leon was able to grab and hug Nate to recover, otherwise that boy was about done. For his age Nate fought a decent fight and didn’t get finished, and got about as close to a TKO you can get without having the extra time to finish him off. Nate looked way better against Leon than Cerrone, who y’all love to gas up so much. It is what it is but give credit where credit is due goofs.

Fight sucked. Nate pulled the same old "static in the cage, complaining in post" vintage Diaz shtick. There are no winners here. Let's just move on.
Yeah let’s move on because Leon made everyone that was gassing him up look stupid, this place was real close to being a firestorm last night. Saved by the bell. Nate looked his age, survived, and rocked homeboy hard.

Hmmm, not sure I agree. Nate was pretty close to being finished with those cuts. Remember, he had his previous fight stopped due to a similarly bad cut. If that cut was in a slightly different position above the eye the fight would've been stopped.

Fight sucked. Nate pulled the same old "static in the cage, complaining in post" vintage Diaz shtick. There are no winners here. Let's just move on.

Fight sucked because only one fighter was willing to engage. That's why Leon will never have fans, how are you supposedly leagues better than an opponent but won't put any pressure on your opponent besides leg kicks from the outside? If you're an Edwards detractor, nothing in this fight changed your mind. If you're a Diaz fan, he did everything that ingratiates himself to his fan-base. He was the one moving forward, and came the closest to finishing the fight.

Hmmm, not sure I agree. Nate was pretty close to being finished with those cuts. Remember, he had his previous fight stopped due to a similarly bad cut. If that cut was in a slightly different position above the eye the fight would've been stopped.
Nah the cut man did his job, wasn’t even paused to be looked at. Leon was done.

Shertards was crying how one sided the match was and said aside from that last one minute Diaz got completely outclassed.
So I rewatched the fight.
No, Diaz was never outclassed. He got outclassed against Masvidal but this fight was very competitive. It was like four 10-9.5 rounds with one 9-10 round.

Shertards was crying how one sided the match was and said aside from that last one minute Diaz got completely outclassed.
So I rewatched the fight.
No, Diaz was never outclassed. He got outclassed against Masvidal but this fight was very competitive. It was like four 10-9.5 rounds with one 9-10 round.
LOL your post is hilarious.

Nate is a shell of what he used to be.. Edwards dominated him for 4 rounds then tried to coast for the 5th and it almost backfired on him. He should have come out and done the same thing or tried for the finish.

Leon was done, idk why so many of y’all hate Diaz to the degree where you can’t credit him for almost taking out Leon. Leon resembled a Gray Maynard in his 3rd fight against Nate. Leon was able to grab and hug Nate to recover, otherwise that boy was about done. For his age Nate fought a decent fight and didn’t get finished, and got about as close to a TKO you can get without having the extra time to finish him off. Nate looked way better against Leon than Cerrone, who y’all love to gas up so much. It is what it is but give credit where credit is due goofs.
And only one fighter got is ass kicked for 24 straight minutes before landing anything significant.

Fight sucked because only one fighter was willing to engage. That's why Leon will never have fans, how are you supposedly leagues better than an opponent but won't put any pressure on your opponent besides leg kicks from the outside? If you're an Edwards detractor, nothing in this fight changed your mind. If you're a Diaz fan, he did everything that ingratiates himself to his fan-base. He was the one moving forward, and came the closest to finishing the fight.
Diaz was guilty of not engaging either at points. It's not like he just walked him down 100% of the time. He would back off against the cage while Leon was walking him down and do that dumb turn to the side thing. It sure as shit wasn't coming at him. And he sure didn't come at him as soon as he rocked him, he took a second to point a finger.

It was hilarious and worked out well for Diaz, but how much credit does he deserve? I agree it worked out for the Diaz fans. I think it worked out for the Edwards fans too.

I don't see myself as either, and think it hurt Edwards stock more than anything though. If he really wanted to make a name for himself, he should have been pressing harder for the finish when he was really screwing up Nate's leg

Let's be real Majority of Sherdog love Nate over Leon

Yeah let’s move on because Leon made everyone that was gassing him up look stupid, this place was real close to being a firestorm last night. Saved by the bell. Nate looked his age, survived, and rocked homeboy hard.
Nate looks 100 years old, yes. He shouldn't be fighting.
How come Diaz bros are the only ones who are so easy to get away from? For some reason, all the Condits and Leons of the world only seem to be too runny and point-fightery for these two.

Very strange. But, of course, it's the opponents' fault.

Nate "I NEVER WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN MY LIFE" Diaz has never been a great fighter. Diaz was clowning around doing absolutely nothing but getting beat by Edwards for 24 minutes. At the 24 minute mark Diaz finally lands 2 good solid shots that put Edwards on rubber legs. Instead of going for the kill Diaz decides he needs to clown around again allowing Edwards to get his wits back and win the fight.

Diaz fight IQ = 0. Instead of clowning around he had the chance to win the fight and he blew it. Probably the reason why he has never won a championship in his life and became popular only due to his brother Nick who is an accomplished fighter that has won championships and would've gone for the finish. Nate's only claim to fame is his first fight with Conor but Conor got his revenge in the rematch otherwise Nate has never been a great fighter.

Nate fans doing so real mental gymnastics to try and play discredit Leon and give Nate a moral victory but at the end of the day leon won and Nate lost no matter how people try to spin it as a positive for Nate lol

Diaz was guilty of not engaging either at points. It's not like he just walked him down 100% of the time. He would back off against the cage while Leon was walking him down and do that dumb turn to the side thing. It sure as shit wasn't coming at him. And he sure didn't come at him as soon as he rocked him, he took a second to point a finger.

Leon "walked him down" while throwing nothing, Nate would back up and then throws spurts of offense going forward. Leon was content trying to counter and throw kicks from distance.

It was hilarious and worked out well for Diaz, but how much credit does he deserve? I agree it worked out for the Diaz fans. I think it worked out for the Edwards fans too.

That's the problem though, Edwards doesn't have any fans. This was suppose to be his big chance to really make a statement. If he had been pushing forward and really putting the pressure on Nate and finished him or came close, it could have really elevated his stock. Instead he stuck to his normal gameplan and didn't gain any fans.

I don't see myself as either, and think it hurt Edwards stock more than anything though. If he really wanted to make a name for himself, he should have been pressing harder for the finish when he was really screwing up Nate's leg

Agreed, this was his opportunity to really make a statement and I don't think he did enough to gain any new fans.

How come Diaz bros are the only ones who are so easy to get away from? For some reason, all the Condits and Leons of the world only seem to be too runny and point-fightery for these two.

Very strange. But, of course, it's the opponents' fault.

Because Condit and Leon were/are on the verge of title contention and didn't want to risk not getting the W. Are you saying they didn't fight like that, I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. Yes, it's entirely possible to fight on the outside and use leg kicks to avoid exchanging with the Diaz bros, nobody's debating that.

Back