To all the Mauro Haters:

Mauro is ok, though that might be the PRIDE nostalgia talking. I'd prefer Mauro over Anik any day of the week.

Kruck was unbelievably bad. I was seriously embarrassed listening to the commentary at some points.

Honostly I didn't notice the difference. Ive come to expect mediocre commentary from strikeforce and thats what they delivered.

Lol this, I pretty much just ignore it now. Since Mauro's voice is the hardest of the dumb-dumbs to ignore I'd prefer if he wasn't brought back.

He's a pretty knowledgeable pbp guy but his shitty wordplay makes me cringe a lot.

Example: *Ronda and Miesha don't touch gloves after staredown*

Mauro: "No GLOVE lost between these two!"

C'mon, son.

I'd kinda like to see Miletich and Pulver commentate. They're awesome at it.

Do people really care that much about the commentating? With so much bitching done about it I wonder if people are actually paying attention to the fights.

Do people really care that much about the commentating? With so much bitching done about it I wonder if people are actually paying attention to the fights.

they need someone to tell them who is winning

It was painful listening to Ron. I don't mind Mauro, Pat, and Frank.

Pat Miletich shouldn't be anywhere near an announcing job. Anik, Goldie, Rogan, and Mauro are good though. Keep Miletich/Shamrock/Johnson the hell away from the UFC.

Mauro is a bit over-the-top, but I don't mind him too much. I prefer him to Ron Kruk. I can't stand Kruk on Inside MMA. He always tries to talk in that unnatural sounding voice making it sound deeper because he thinks it sounds more professional, but it sounds fake. Whenever he is actually on set, sometimes his normal voice comes out and it wouldn't be so bad if he just talked like that. When I heard he was replacing Mauro, I was bummed.

Miletich is good stuff, experienced and calm, but not Kevin Costner monotone.

What am I saying? Give Rogan and Miletich a try together, I guess.

I really think Showtime had a lot to do with the corniness of Mauro and Strikeforce in general. He's a knowledgeable guy who loves the sport. Thumbs up from me.

I like Mauro, Goldberg, Rogan, and Bas. Any combination of those are good.

His replacement tonight SUCKED. Mauro is better than 95% of all announcers still. Give me Rogan & Anik (not that I like Anik more than golide, but it was ok last event and i hate anik with florian) as the A-Team, with Mauro and Pat as the B-Team for all future UFC events.

I've been a Mauro hater for a loooong but I came to the conclusion last night that it might be his supporting cast that makes him overcompensate and sound like an idiot.(I'm looking at you Frank and Gus). I think Mauro & Pat would be great. I also have to admit he was fantastic at Dream 8.

Great thread TS. I have always liked Mauro's commentary. I know he is a little corny, but nothing compared to Goldberg. In fact, I would be in favor of a Mauro/Rogan combo for ppvs, and have Goldberg with Florian or Anik on the TV cards.

Mike Schivello (spelling?) needs to come to the UFC, that guy is the best MMA color guy out there

Back