TNA: 2002 a few questions

BenjaminRandalC

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Just got done with the third weekly ppv.

1. Who is Don west?
2. What was Joel gertner doing in TNA?
3. Was Scott Norton busy when TNA formed?
4. Was anyone excited to watch this?
5. How did this business model work for 2 years with no TV?

1. Guy who sold baseball cards on the home shopping network.
2. Pretty sure anybody who worked for WWE/WCW/ECW got a shot in TNA.
3. In NJPW making that Japan money.
4. I recall being hooked after that 4 way match during week... 2?
5. Papa Jarrett probably had connections till Panda bought in, and they kept burning money to keep the lights on for like 10 years.

Jerry Jarrett has a podcast, would be interested to hear him breakdown the financial details of their weekly PPV model and how long it took them to get profitable
Maybe someone should ask him about it on Twitter

I don't know how many people were watching back then. TNA was not over.

Somehow I think this is one of those worked shoots where that really happened and then they scripted that as the resolution. Should have done a match that went to the 60 minute time limit. At 59:50 don west hits a German and tries to bridge, lights go out- come back on Joey styles has Tenney in pile driver position when they come back on. He does the Jerry Lynn style piledriver on tennay while don west spits on him. It would work.

I don't know how many people were watching back then. TNA was not over.

I remember I ordered one of the weekly shows just for funsies. It was different, but the wrestling was spectacular. I'll have to dig through my old VHS to see if I still have it. The main focus of the show was really weird though. It was Vince Russo dressed up as Double J Jeff Jarrett mocking him while Jeff looked for him to fight him.

Somehow I think this is one of those worked shoots where that really happened and then they scripted that as the resolution. Should have done a match that went to the 60 minute time limit. At 59:50 don west hits a German and tries to bridge, lights go out- come back on Joey styles has Tenney in pile driver position when they come back on. He does the Jerry Lynn style piledriver on tennay while don west spits on him. It would work.
There was a period where they had something like that every week. Piper and Russo arguing about Owen Hart. Schiavonne and Tenay about the end of Wcw. Good luck to you if you're going through all that.

So got to ppv#10 today...the question I have now is has anyone been paralyzed in the x division? Also, I love Jerry Lynn. Everyone reading this should listen to his podcast with Mikey whipwreck.

I remember ordering one with my buddy who was barely a fan in 03-04. I was excited because Sting was gonna be on. He gets on the mic and yells

STIZINGER IN THE HIZOUSE

and I was embarrassed to be a wrestling fan.

Just watched Jeff Jarrett crown a 60 year old bob Armstrong with a chair, at which point Bullet blades. That is wrestling in a nutshell. The don west chant makes me laugh every time.

TNA uploaded their first ever PPV. Worth it alone just to watch them open with 3 of their biggest stars (Jarrett, Hall and Shamrock) all come out 1 by 1 and bury the main event battle royal for the NWA World title as a stupid way to crown a champ.

- NASCAR drivers get a big pop as the scary black heel confronts them.

- Toby Keith sings about putting boots in terrorist asses a year after 9/11 as the crowd goes nuts

- AJ Styled jobs to Jimmy Wang Yang dressed as Elvis

- Midget hardcore wrestling

- Ed Ferrara grew out a full long dreadlocks!?!

- Mickie James in the underwear battle royal

- The Infamous Wrestling Penises

TNA uploaded their first ever PPV. Worth it alone just to watch them open with 3 of their biggest stars (Jarrett, Hall and Shamrock) all come out 1 by 1 and bury the main event battle royal for the NWA World title as a stupid way to crown a champ.

- NASCAR drivers get a big pop as the scary black heel confronts them.

- Toby Keith sings about putting boots in terrorist asses a year after 9/11 as the crowd goes nuts

- AJ Styled jobs to Jimmy Wang Yang dressed as Elvis

- Midget hardcore wrestling

- Ed Ferrara grew out a full long dreadlocks!?!

- Mickie James in the underwear battle royal

- The Infamous Wrestling Penises

The Dupps too

We should Kickstarter a fund for a shoot interview series with all the girls that danced in the cages. Ask them how they would have booked Ron killings, what double J's role should have been etc.

We should Kickstarter a fund for a shoot interview series with all the girls that danced in the cages. Ask them how they would have booked Ron killings, what double J's role should have been etc.
"Broke a million guitars, never drew a dime" - Pennington the Cage Dancer

Just watched elix skipper and Brian Lawler get in way too much offense on syxx and especially scott hall...who was the pat patterson not just booking but pacing out of how long and how strong people went over? I can't see hall just being ok with that at all

33 weekly ppvs in and Raven stole face Jeff Jarrett's belt...kid Kash seriously almost paralyzed himself on the title change finsh moonsault for the x-division and shark boy hit his finisher on both members of the SATs ...Vince Russo has bad ideas; but nobody is pacing these things or thinking about them. They did a 10 bell salute to Mr. Perfect but it was on tape because we all know the crowd can't behave. Only 81 weekly ppvs to go.

Back