News TMZ Sports - Jon Jones set to face Anthony Smith at UFC 235

TMZ and UFC. For some reason that just seems to fit these days.

Good to see you challenging yourself Jon

I'm happy for Smith, seems like a good dude. It's a fight, anything can happen. Also helps that Smith is the same size as Jones and is fearless. He will at the very least go out on his shield. He'll win or die trying

Nice short night for Bones. He will elbow Smith to hell & back in the first 3 minutes of the fight & Smith will be crying for his momma!

Jon could come into that fight completely clean with no training camp and still pick the round and method of victory.
Not if its KO or TKO by punches on the feet..
But agreed he could take him down and pass to mount slowly and surely and he and his brothers probably plan that stuff and bet accordingly. They're all millionaires, I wonder what those conversations are like. Against inferior comp like Smith I mean. That's not even illegal right? I guess round might be, but not on yourself out right.

Nvm. Jon TKO 1st. He'll wrestle immediately rain elbows on poor Smith. If he stands for 5 he would run into some problems though. Smith has at least more technical boxing and arguable KO power. Jon taking zero risks against Smith. If he got clipped by him it would be game over for his career, legacy, earning potential, everything.

Last edited:
What shit fight. I will likely not even bother downloading this fight, I have dignity you know.
giphy.gif

How is he licensed in Nevada? Wasn't that the whole reason 232 was moved to CA?

Jones is a POS but exciting to see him being active. Im always down to watch a champion actually defend his belt against a top contender

Would rather see Reyes or rockhold fight Jones. Smith ain't nothing special.

Thanks for confirming you have no argument and are just a shill

You actually defeated your own argument when you compared him to Lance Armstrong anyway, he was a drug cheat who beat a bunch of drug cheats. How many of the guys Jones beat do you think weren't juicing?

Smith wont even get a chance to gas in this fight. He probably gets subbed with ease.

You actually defeated your own argument when you compared him to Lance Armstrong anyway, he was a drug cheat who beat a bunch of drug cheats. How many of the guys Jones beat do you think weren't juicing?

Like your idol Jon Jones you want to live in hypothesis and speculation instead of facts.

Reality check: Jon Jones popped IN FACT three times for PEDS. His opponents didn't.

I don't bother to fantasize on who coulda woulda been clean or not. It's not event the point. I know for a proven fact that jones isn't. That's the point.

Like your idol Jon Jones you want to live in hypothesis and speculation instead of facts.

Reality check: Jon Jones popped IN FACT three times for PEDS. His opponents didn't.

I don't bother to fantasize on who coulda woulda been clean or not. It's not event the point. I know for a proven fact that jones isn't. That's the point.

Chael Sonnen popped. Machida popped. Belfort popped. Bonnar popped.

Who was bigger than him except Gus ? Go ahead I'm listening.

Who had a bigger reach than him ? Go ahead I'm listening too !

He made a career in fighting smaller fighters while on PEDS. You will never erase this fact.

As for the facts LOL at you saying he fought "only" 3 natural MW's. Like it's not a shame to have THREE FREAKIN TITLE DEFENSES AGAINST GUYS A WEIGHT CLASS SMALLER. If Max Holloway challenges TJ, Cody and Cruz do you consider that great ?

And also it was 4 not 3 :Victor Belfort (MW), Machida and Rashad (natural MWs who can still easily make the weight at almost 40) and Sonnen (which he refused to fight on short notice after having himself a full camp LOL and fought instead when he came off a loss what a great "defense" re LOL)

And no Rampage and Shogun were everything BUT at their very best, they were already in decline having both lost to Forrest Griffin for example.

Add to that that he is a proven career steroid user, eyepoker, snitch, pregnant lady car crasher and escaper, you have the biggest fraud and Lance Armstrong-esque profile in MMA.

Crazy he still has shills but hey I shouldn't be surprised.

LOL....good rant! First I am far far from a Jon Jones fan, I don't even like the guy. I just give a unbiassed perspective and look at things without any other motives or personal feelings getting in the way.

I am not gonna get into the PEDs thing cause I am 100% vs Jon on that one, not only the use but the whole cover up and letting him off just to make the fight. It really IMO made the sport look bad at UFC 232.

First, reach is not size its just a body type. Fighters can have a reach advantage and be smaller in size and weight. Conor has a 4" reach on Khabib but who has the size advantage?? Second, when he fought Machida, Rashad, Vitor those guys were at 205....they are LHWs and fought at that weight their entire careers. You can't spin the narrative like that just to put the argument in your favor. How can Rashad and Machida be considered MWs when they never fought in the division till two year after they fought Jon, those guys were fighting at HW prior. Even Vitor only had like 3 or 4 figths at MW and his entire career was LHW. The only guy who was a true MW was Sonnen.

Rampage and Shogun were at their best....Shogun was in his best form a year from beating Machida. People seem to think the best Shogun was in Pride....wrong, it was the one that was LHW champ in the UFC. Losing the Forrest is nothing to be embarrassed about, he was a good fighter.

And he fought several guys his size or bigger. Gus, Vera, Bonnar, Cormier 2x, Glover, Rampage were all his size. Cormier and Glover were fighting at HW 230lbs +

Going back to the point....you guys are talking shit for him fighting MWs. But yet won't give credit where it's due for fighting double the guys who were former/future HW's. You can't have it both ways. How the F##K do you criticize him for fighting Machida and Rashad and say they are future MWs when neither ever fought below 205 at the point of figitng Jon....what do we have a crystal ball to see the future? And Vitor was a late replacement for the title BTW. Every champ fights title challengers from smaller weight classes at some point. Conor was a LW title challgner, Whitaker and Kelvin are former MW, Nunes and Cyborg, Cormier a former LHW. It happens all the time and not exclusive to Jones.

Last edited:
I have a real hard time seeing an scenario in which Tony wins. His cardio and defensive wrestling looked atrocious in his fight against Volkan despite him coming out on top. I'm rooting for him because he's a huge underdog, but make no mistake about it, unless Dwight completely loses himself in the lead up to the fight, I don't see Smith winning.

Man I gotta say, I remember Smith from Strikeforce and if you had told me then where he would be now, I’d figure you’re pulling my leg.

Dude got smoked by a welterweight in Amagov, choked out a journeyman in Lumumba Sayers (anyone remember him?).

Now he’s fighting Jon Jones in the UFC for the light heavyweight championship.

What a ridiculous sport.

Man I gotta say, I remember Smith from Strikeforce and if you had told me then where he would be now, I’d figure you’re pulling my leg.

Dude got smoked by a welterweight in Amagov, choked out a journeyman in Lumumba Sayers (anyone remember him?).

Now he’s fighting Jon Jones in the UFC for the light heavyweight championship.

What a ridiculous sport.
It's crazy.

Especially when he arguably lost his UFC return against some random Brazilian guy that has been getting finished left and right.

I would have said the only way I see Smith not taking an L from Jones would be if USADA got to Jones first.

But....

<6>

Jones wins this with ease.

Back