TKD worthless? well...

Um, the horse riding stance is very effective cardio (its fucking hard, trust me, i did wrestling cardio). However, i do think that the forms are pointless, but i don't complain as they enable me to catch my breath.

To blackbeltnow and old man tater, i do all the bag work at home, (no, not from a horse riding stance), i just learn the technique at the dojo(whatever). We do however use kickpads. As for the punch counters, the ONE, that we learn in one step sparing actually works(ive done it). All the traditional blocks are worthless, but meh, you take the good with the bad. As for your examples of counters, i have no idea what you're talking about, but then i am Australian, and TKD is probably quite different here(i learn from an 8th dan)

But then, i don't leard "self defence", i leard TKD. On the wall, it says that TKD will "help" with self defence, but makes no miracle claims.

As for the person who dissed the specky kicks, I PITY THA FOOL!!!! They are awesome, everyone knows they are just for show, but who cares, they look awesome. In fact, they are the primary reason i do TKD. Its not like thats all you learn.

Originally posted by Silver Wolf

If your art has not been winning in basic one on one events then it's not worth a damn.

Fact: Muay Thai, San Da, Kyokushin, and Boxing are BETTER than ANY other standup arts in the world.

Just wondering since im no expert, but have San Da people proved themselvs/their style in any other places than just SanDa competitions?k1/mma?

Originally posted by bertrand75
The fact of the matter is you have to Cross train in other arts, I take TKD and grapple as well as box, If I'm on the street I'm not gonna break out into a middle stance, DUH, I'm gonna punch your fuckin face, kick your fuckin knees, and beat you down like it's supposed to be done. Nuff said,....beotch.

AHAHAHAH you take TKD? HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAH tkd SUCKS!!! Also tjs BJJ OR GJJ IS THE ULTIMATE STYLE. WHICH FIGTHERS ARE ON TOP? MAINLY THE BRAZILIAN TOP TEAM ALL VALE OR BJJ. THE KEY OF MMA IS TO see whAT STYLES WORK. GRACIES ARE THE BEST FIGHTERS BY FAR.

funny how i have more post than you Gen yet you call me a newb your one funny idiot....matches that Rickson had when he was 5 dont count...check his record here at sherdog i only see 9 wins...i know thats just MMA but thats what counts not some BJJ matches which he has probably had billons of...also fighting no-names does not really count so really his fight record should not even be 9-0-0,really 0-0-0.He has not fight anybody even worth naming.

When did i call you a newb. Get your facts straight. Think about it logically. Royce's record is outrageous. Rickson can destroy royce. Therefore rickson would own all the people royce did plus many many more.

Originally posted by Gen Punisher
HAHAHHAH tkd SUCKS!!! Also tjs BJJ OR GJJ IS THE ULTIMATE STYLE. WHICH FIGTHERS ARE ON TOP? MAINLY THE BRAZILIAN TOP TEAM ALL VALE OR BJJ. THE KEY OF MMA IS TO see whAT STYLES WORK. GRACIES ARE THE BEST FIGHTERS BY FAR.

well i see you like to avoid questions and change topics again. oh well i guess its easy to d othat when you have to real argument.

OK show me 1 top fighter in MMA who trains in ONLY BJJ since it is the "ultimate".

Dont even try because you cant because even the gracies cross train. because your a stupid newb who is caught about 10 years in the past when BJJ was a new thing.

BJJ IS AWSOME THAT WAS ESTABLISHED 10 YEARS AGO. CROSS TRAINING IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER MOVE ON.

Gen punisher- have you actually taken any martial art? if so what and how long?

Uh... no. Name one Gracie who's in the top 10 right now. There isn't one. As much as I respect the Gracies, they're not on top of the game anymore.

Brazilian Top Team and Chute Boxe all cross-train, by the way.

When did i call you a newb. Get your facts straight. Think about it logically. Royce's record is outrageous. Rickson can destroy royce. Therefore rickson would own all the people royce did plus many many more.

Royce is 12-2-1... not exactly outrageous. And all of those wins came when nobody had any clue about crosstraining and MMA. And yeah... Rickson's probably much better than Royce, but he hasn't fought any quality opponents.

Now that I think about it... name one top MMA fighter that does BJJ only. I don't think you can...

Nog. btw royce is in the top 10 and as for not knowing about other styles. How do you think these guys came into ufc. They fought in other leauges having prior knowledge of fighting. Mma shows what works and what doesnt. Jiu jitsu or better yet bjj is the best.

As for the cross training on the brazillian top team. Last fight with nog he only used jiu jitsu. And many fights before. Like i said cross training can be used to know and counter your opponents moves.

I thought we already established that royce trains several times a week in Striking arts. That eliminates him.

Now Nob. I dont know for sure but i would be willing to bet he has studied other arts but i could always say....he punches..there is no punching in pure BJJ..there goes that argument.

You realize that learning to counter/defend is part of learning another stlye. offense is not the only thing you learn....the same reson strikers learn BJJ...they proabably wont submit people but it will help them avoid and recognize submissions.

It's nog. I agree with you in some ways, but gracie jiu jitsu also was modified to make things easier and blend punching and many things to pull off these technical submissions.

first off all, I didn't bother to read it all cuz all theese threads say the same

ohh And Gen Punisher must be the coolest guy ever...period..

Tkd is a very beautiful art...I would train it if I had any plans of doing action movies cuz flykicks and flip and stuff are cool. but it's not effective in NHB.
Of course there is some TKD that involves leg kicks and stuff but it's not true original tkd. It's like I train Muay thai and call in Araz Do....

BJJ and GJJ is not the best martial art. but it's very good. it's the best submission art closely followed by submission wrestling/fighting and sambo etc....(they are all second place noone is third) the reason being that they come second is that they involve striking etc aswell as the ground game...

But it has been proven, if you are to take one art, it should be bjj or gjj. Nog, champion in pride is bjj. Brazilialn top team is mainly bjj. Its been proven. And yes it's also been prooven that i am the coolest person..period..

Nog does BJJ and Muay thai....

Vanderlei silva is champ, mostly Muay thai, Tito, mostly Wrestling.....It's about the fighter....nog would loose if he couldn't punch...and he can punch thanks to muay thai...

exactly, look at the brazilian top team and guess what? all of them cross train. Try and tell people Chute Box is crappy cuz they cross train.

Back to my main point which you're too stubborn to understand! They mainly do Bjj. AS for the other stlyes, they use em to counter and learn opponents moves, and are very rarely used in or to end fights.

Back