TKD worthless? well...

I would never punch from the hip like taught in TKD, thats the most worthless way to punch. Why does TKD exist since it is basically watered down Hapkido? Hapkido was created for combat so wtf is TKD doing, and whys that more popular then Hapkido?

Go check out the video at www.mcdojo.com where a TKD blackbelt fights a kid with NO TRAINING. The TKDer doesn't hurt the other kid at all but at the end of the video the TKD BB gets kicked in the balls and walks off in pain. Funny as hell.

what does that prove? that the TKD fighter in this case had no skills.

just because you have a black belt doesn't mean anything. as my TKD instructor said, a black belt only means that you are a fledgling ready to leave the nest.

Originally posted by gr0inshot
goss..all this flaming about TKD. WHAT DISGRACE..being korean, i can agree with some of you guys out there, but TKD schools (modern day) have been corrupted by :eek::eek::eek:s who desire money. But some schools, are still there inorder to teach real SELF-DEFENSE. i dont do TKD but i have a friend that is 2nd Dan. i sparred him, i take JKD, and basically lost. it was a no head kick/punch sparring because we did not have the proper gear [ie: head gear, mouth gaurd, gloves] so we were going at it. i got a nice punch in, but when i was goin to move in, he did a spinning back kick, which i thought was coming to my chest, hit my rite under the nose. After suffering a bleed lip, swollen as an apple, i did not under estimate TKD. i almost forgot, they train to HIT the head, thats the reason i dont blame him. BTW he was sincerally sorry.

The back kick is defintely a powerful tool, when used after set-up techniques in combos, but it's gotta be done quick AND connect, or else you leave yourself very open. He got lucky. That is a low-percentage connect kick above the chest.

Man, what is with all the stance dissing??????

In your TKD schools do the trainers actually tell you to get into say, a horse riding stance if you are attacked????

I do tkd, and we practice the horse riding stance, but we just do it for balance and cardio, no 'proper' tkd teacher would ever expect you to use stances in a real life situation!

It isnt as much that TKD sucks is that its better to invest your time and money in BJJ or Muay Thai or Boxing or wrestling

Originally posted by Master Wang
Man, what is with all the stance dissing??????

In your TKD schools do the trainers actually tell you to get into say, a horse riding stance if you are attacked????

I do tkd, and we practice the horse riding stance, but we just do it for balance and cardio, no 'proper' tkd teacher would ever expect you to use stances in a real life situation!

well, TKD ppl do several punch counters. "uper block, front stance , punch : head body groin ASAAHH" or that other one where u step to the side of the punch and spin and elbow the guy to mcdojoness.

why teach this stuff? and why call them "one step counters" if theyre not? u know why? cuz TKD is a bunch of LIES.

so what if TKD isn't a buch of stances? then its footsie tag.

Originally posted by jallen
Let's play foot tag!

cool lemme get my black belt...

aww crap i left it at home

o well can i borrow yours?

bbn did you ever go to that wtf school.......and playing foot tag can be fun guys

Yeah, foot tag can be fun as a game :)

And BBN, you can have my black belt for ONLY 4 easy payments of $399.95!

Originally posted by jallen
Yeah, foot tag can be fun as a game :)

And BBN, you can have my black belt for ONLY 4 easy payments of $399.95!

sorry i found one w/ stripes. i mobbed my former "5th degree" TKD teacher and stole it from him.

foottag? are you talking about TKD sparring or tournaments??

lol did i tell u guys that i competed in a TKD torney??? haha i got kicked out cuz i hurt the guys too much...with pushkicks...

so sad i was almost gonna knee one guy but they said i couldnt do knees or elbows or punch to the face or give them mean looks.

It cant be a dead link it's an ftp meaning File Transfer Protocol. The ftp adress maybe wrong but anyway tkd is worthless. ALong with those others like kung fu. It all gets owned by takedowns and tolerance to kicks and such. It really gets raped by bjj or gjj in particular

how about you guys talk about something you know about? do you guys have any inkling about TKD techniques from a non-mcdojo? and don't give me some lame-ass response about how, if you learned TKD, that you would do horseback riding stances or jumping dragon kicks or whatever in a real fight and how they're useless against MT or BJJ.

i'm trying to control myself here because i don't want to end up in a stupid flame war. but PLEASE stop trash-talking. it sounds like i'm defending TKD, which i am. i think highly of my TKD instructors, one of whom has practiced TKD in south korea since he was about 5 years old and has studied it throughout his life. he teaches classes from about 7-8 hours a day, 6 days a week, and he's not even the head of the school. he came to the u.s. to teach what he knows best, TKD. and i respect him for that, even though i have my own opinions as to what should be emphasized (full-contact sparring, kicking and punching techniques, TKD grappling and ground techniques) and what should not (forms, one-steps).

frankly, to hear people who think that they know it all put TKD down like that...it insults me and it would insult my instructors, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Back