TKD Training Log #2

3-7 bagwork and endurance day since i cant get to master eugenes.

all rds are 2 minutes

2 rds fast kick
2 rds chunjin roundhouse
2 rds fast double kick
2 rds padachagi
2 rds double kick padachagi
2 rds nadabam

sporadic breaks to do some axe kicks and stuff in between rds

3.4 mile run in 27:50, doesnt seem fast but the last .4 mile is all up a steep ass hill and i had to keep pace with a friend so im pretty sure i can knock out a 21min 3.1 miler no problem maybe faster...... feels good to add some distance back into my workout though

3-8 lifting and some technique work

first 30 minutes warmed up , was a little extra tight in the hammies, did some footwork drills went up and down the floor with some techniques etc..

plyos 3x10 tuck jumps
3x5 one legged box hop
3x5 long jump to squat jump (first time tryin these)
dumbell snatches
1x5 @ 50lbs
2x5@ 60lbs
1x5 @ 70 lbs......... didnt go any more sets cuz my shoulder was tweaked
pullups on rafter 1x15,12,11

standing ab wheel rollouts 3x5........these were hell cuz my abs were still dead from doin em monday

50 roundhouses per leg in the air
20 axe kicks per leg in air,
5 spin hooks per leg........... roundhouses always feel nice and crisp after plyos and oly lifts...... my left arm seems alot more fluid with the dumbell snatch and i like the long jump to sqaut jump, ithink ill keep that in there

3-9 technique and endurance
bagwork is in rds of 2 minutes

2rdsx cut kick round kick
2 rds fast kick padachagi
2 rds fast double kick
2 rds padachagi to double kick (these were intense as a motherfuck)
2 rds nadabam
2 rds triple kick
2 rds axe kick in air
2 rds cover punch padachagi

synopsis, some rounds were pretty hard endurance wise some were fairly easy, definatley gotta do more of the padachagi to double kick

burpee+ Shadowboxing rds

6x2minutes

2x1 minute rds straight burpees

killer

3-11

45 minutes bagwork of 2 minute rds

2 rds chunjin roundhouse
2 rounds fast kick
2 rounds cut kick roundhouse
2 rounds side step roundhouse
2 rounds double kick

25 minute trail run in the woods.

3-13

20 minutes of kicking to warmup

lifting

deadlifts 3x1@405
got one rep halfway up at 425
GHR's 4x10 @ 45lbs
Dips 3x5@90lbs
pullups 1x7,2x5@45

abwork.

AM endurance work

6x2min burpee + shadowbox rounds
1x1min straight burpee rd

PM Master Eugenes
oddly easy tuesday class
paddle drills of basic chunjin roundhouse, axe kick, front leg counter, padachagi

2-10-1 drills

alternate 5s combination drills

3-15-06

shit... yesterday i slightly repulled my hammie AGAIN, i fucking curse that day i had to do a spin hook the RIGHT way and pull it... and my feet are still kinda bruised from repetitive training as well.... anyways

before class....

Powercleans 4x5@170 supersetted with 5 squat jumps

double clap pushups 3x5
power overs 3x10
one legged box hops 3x5

TKD class... did basic roundhouses , axe kicks, forms , blocks, punching...nothing special...

then a couple rounds of back to back grapplign, and some hoshinsul

After class hanging leg raises 3x10, pullups 2x10

3-16

AM.. decided to do a distance run so my legs arent fried for sparring later tonight
figured on going to the track, but it was nice out so i just started running in a random direction.... took me through the feckin ghetto ala rocky style.... first half was just kinda all downhill cuz there were no straight level roads, but boy when i was coming back it was a biiiiiiiitch, like a mile and a half up hill, by the time i got bacK I realized only about 17-18 minutes had elapsed so i was like fuck, so i went up to my room and did 3 sets of 10 burpees with 10s rest inbetween and that got me to about 21 minutes....maybe ill just go to the track next time and be a gerbil...

PM: ....Master Eugenes...

did paddle drills, ie round house, doubles, padachagis..

bagwork...2-10-1's, nadabams

sparring Had one match against deiter, went allright, i think i should be more agressive against him.. then we did sudden death mathes which is basically first person to score a point wins.... which i kinda sucked at and got beat 3 times pretty quick haha. Deiter said im fast as shit though so thats cool. Maybe its cuz of a week with no sparring but i felt off my game today.

For some reason I think it is funny - but very also cool - that Master Kim has his TKD classes do ground randori. Though, what does hoshinsul mean?

Hoshinsul is self defense techniques...usually involving judo....as Master Kim is alot bigger on judo than taekwondo. First Korean to ever defeat a japanese master... and complete badass. During the japanese occupation of korea you couldnt really practice taekwondo but you could practice judo and karate, so alot of the older masters are very very good judo players more so than taekwondo.

anyways

3-18

2 other people show up for practice...fucking worthless team mates..i dont know why i bother with the club anymore, i could be doing more private lessons..

2 rounds chunjin roundhouse
2 rounds fast kick
2 rounds nadabam
2 rounds double kick
2 rounds cut kick to back kick
20 axe kicks a leg
10 fast kick to axe kick per leg
conditioning :
1 round of pyramid kicks per leg, 1-10
2 1 min rounds of ap bal dollyo chagi circling the bag, whew thats a calf killer
2 1min rounds of squat kicks
2 rounds of 30s punchout drills
2 rounds of 30s power boxing drills
1 round of 2-10-1 drill...which is a fucking beast when you are doing it all at once and after several rounds of training its like the pyramid kicks only faster.
20 v-ups
10 grappler situps
1 minute bicycle kicks

whew badass workout

Thanks again for the info. If I could make it on Saturdays, then I would! You'll be around Sunday, right? I am ashamed that I don't know what "grappler situps" are. Could you elaborate? Sorry about all the questions... I really appreciate all the help you give me!

3-19

Worked alot of paddle drills with round kick , fast kick, axe kick etc.. for like 1.5 hours. Then did some suicides.. decent day for technique

3-21 Liftin

Sqauts 1x4@275, 3x2@305, 1x3@275

stiff leg deads with plates under heels, 3x5 @315

bent over rows 3x5 @185

Bench 3x3@255

Abs

Neckbridge 3x1min

How did you do that at 3-21-2006? It is only 1:45 AM on 3-21-2006 when I post this message!

ah somtimes i forget what day it is considering that was 3-20 haha

The real 3-21-06

AM - Windsprints...20 minutes of 100m sprint with 100 m jog back continious

PM - Master Eugenes

paddle drills: fast kick , roundhouse, doubles, badachagi
bagwork - 2-10-1 drills, trap back kick

3-22-06

First some plyos

squat jumps 3x10@20lbs
box hops 3x10
plyo lunges 3x5 per leg
one legged hops 2x20 per leg
double clap pushups 2x10
regular knuckle pushups3x50
followed immedieatley by backbridge (weighted) 3x1min

Then Tkd class...god i wish whiote belts would learn how to hold paddles

did some kicking... and some hoshinsul. alot of poomsae.Not taking wednesday class again.

3-23.....

No run in the AM cuz i was feeling a little burnt out

PM: master eugenes

Well without running i was fairly fresh, did 2-10-1's on the bag and i flew through them with blazing speed, then work on back kicks, my right back kick is gettin back to normal again...

then worked on some paddle drills, roundhouse, fast kick, axe kick, badachagai...

then sparring.

2 rounds with oarnge belt doug, whose much much better than his rank implies, and we had a good match , landed a sweet axe kick... then a round with junior olympic blackbelt timmy whose fast as fuck, and that was a good match, gave some shots and took some, i like sparrin him alot.

3-26

took a few days off and got ridiculously drunk and fucked up of all sorts... so was kinda outta it when i stepped into practice

warmed up with about 40 minutes poomsae, then paddle drills with roundhosues, then sparring

sparred doug first, 2x2min rounds... went good, landed a couple good headshots, roundhouse kick and axe kick, both of which where werkin real good for me today. It was a good match

sparred Fu-, he was fun and we had some good exchanges

sparred this red belt from turkey who kinda whooped my friends ass... fought very static with a high gaurd, so i had to make him shift so i could score. He really liked lead leg axe kicks so i faked him into usin those, caught him with a few good headshots.

good practice, but foot is fucked up again

I haven't read most of your posts but some....are you training for any qualifiers for nationals in Cleveland?

Back