TKD Training Log #2

2-7 Lifting
deads 4x1@405
dips 3x5@90
bent over rows 3x5@185
abwork

2-8 taekwondo class.......did some sparring, fought allright no jumprope after cuz of lame ass meetings

2-10 Lifting

plyos 25lb squat jumps 3x10
plyo lunges 3x5
box jumps 3x10
rim jumps 3x10
pike jumps 2x5
double clap pushups 2x5
med ball crosses 2x5

Clean and press 4x5 @ 155
abwork

2-11

1 hour of paddle drills, 30 minutes of hogu drills..... i love cover punch but i think instead of a straight punch im gonna do a left hook i seem to be able to drop people with it

conditioning

4rds of 30sec punchout drills with 30 second rest

2rds of pyramid kicks

2x1 min rounds of burpees 1 min rest

hey man just wondering if the stuff i gave you was what you were looking for......it probably wasnt....i didnt know if you wanted something else or had questions or looking for something a little more specific

2-12.......thought it was sparring day, but ended up doing a bunch of hogu drills instead. my partner was small and hurt his foot so i didnt really get to kick or be kicked hard :(. I need sparring dammit.

2-13 Lifting

sqauts 2x2, 1x3 @ 305 off the super low box so this is an improvement
sldl's 3x5@ 315
dips 3x5 @ 90lbs
bent over rows 3x5 @ 175

30 minutes of a few combos on the bag

2-14
1 hour class with master eugene.......ahh lots of good training with footwork, worked hogu drills, and did light contact sparring witha good greenbelt.

2-15

2.5 hours of tkd, worked on spin hooks, round houses. Did some very slow extension kicks for the first time in a while, some basics blocking and punching.

afterwards some hogu drills

endurance training

2x1 1min rds speed roping
3x1 1.5min rds speed roping.........and then the rope breaks....what ap iece of shit
3x1.5 minute straight burpees.......which killed me

i think the burpees all through are much tougher than burpees plus shadowboxing

2-17 2 hours of going over kicks, footwork and forms for tournament

2-18 tournament. Got several team mates to go, but i didnt get to fight adult black belt this time :( . I ended up fighting my team mates, and i did beat both of them but i would have rather fought black belts. This did give me a chance to try out the stuff ive been working on for the past month though which is good, im exploding off my checks more and doing a good bit more doubles. Sorta landed a sweet jump back kick too...on a guy whose 6'3 and m 5'6a hhah.So first in fighting and forms, a decent experience but i want to fight blackbelts.

2-20 Lifting
30 minutes of shadow boxing
deadlifts 3x1 @ 405
1x1@425 NEW PR!!!!!! and i am only heavy lifting one day a week...?

Glute Ham Raises 3x10 @ 45lbs

Dumbell bench (a first for me) 3x6 @ 75lb dumbells

Pullups 3x5 w/ 45lb plate

abwork 3x10

2-21... time to start back to master eugenes again

In the AM ... 20 minutes stairmaster, alternating 30 second sprints, 1 min sprints, with 30s or 1 min moderate pace. Hurt my legs more than my lungs but was decent

PM Class....
lots of kicks to warmup...and walking line drills etc... then 3x30s fast kick on paddles followed by 3x1min chunjin roundhouse, then some nadabams to reverse nadabams and then forms...

Whew the class was a decent interval workout as well... im gonna be a machine come states time.

2-22 Lifting + tkd class

Plyos, weighted squat jumps 3x10@25ls
plyo lunges 3x5
box jumps 3x10
one legged hops 3x10
Double clap pushups 3x5
power cleans 4x5 @ 165

Class for 2 hours, but it was testing day so i didnt really do much for a while. My forms were crisp, then we sparred. Sparred my buddy, and he kicked me in the fuckin face. GOddammit, but i loved it, i then blasted him around the ring but that head shot hurt my pride haha. Then i sparred another dude who got pissed when i cut kicked him in the nuts, wtf im like 5'6 and hes a good deal bigger. He then tried saying how a crescent kick he threw woulda hit me in the head im like, fuck that no. I then said he can throw any head kicks as hard as he wanted spin hooks whatever. Didnt land one and i countered the shit out of him hard.

2-23

Didnt get to do endurance training early today cuz of stupid tests , but made it to master eugenes school and it was worth it

first 20 minutes did kicks up and down the floor, padachagis, double kicks, axe kicks...etc

Then did nadabams to reverse nadabams on the bag, then we did the 2-10 kick drill where we throw alternating roundhouses first just 2, all the way up to 10.. its like the machine gun kicking that olympic fighters do. This was good cuz i want to work on that alot so i can start landing triple kicks in my fights and mixing up the levels, like 2 body shots and one head shot.

Then it was time to spar.

First i sparred a good adult blackbelt, not all out but it was still good, he liked to jam alot and i blocked his headshots, worked a few good coverpunches and padachagis.. didnt land any double kicks though..

Then sparred my oarnge belt friend from yesterday... good match i landed solid body kicks...went for a cut kick to jump back kick and fell on my ass haha

Then sparred the adult black belt again, same deal pretty much, he seemd impressed with me so thats good , it was more of a slower paced fight with lots of checking however.

Then sparred a junior olympic black belt kid, this was a fun fight, and my first time sparring him so i felt him out alot, he countered my back kicks well and we both did alot of checking but i did land some nice counters including a double kick counter and narrowly missed a high roundhouse

Synopsis: Gotta work on settin up headshots more and get a little better with my counters. My speed and power is there and is good enough to hang with most i just gotta keep sparrin and doing hogu drills. If i get sparring like that every week ill be a machine in no time. And it looks like ill now be sparring wed, thurs, and sunday.....excellent.

2-25 Only one person showed up for practice today...grr

so for an hour or so just worked on repetitive techniques, back kick ,axe kick, chunjin roundhouse, nadabam...

then endurance training

did the consecutive kicks where you hop from one kick to another
4x30seconds, killer
punchout drills 4x30 seconds
pyramid kicks 1x2min
burpee round finisher 1min

2-26 Finally a sparring sunday

started off with hogu drills which were fun
then some bagwork with dubon dollyo chagi etc.

then sparrin

First sparred Timmy, an oarngebelt about my size, a little lighter, but quick. Defense was good, i drilled him in the back with a few roundhouses and he cringed, i felt bad, and then i backkicked him in the nuts, a theme throughout the day i felt bad again.

then sparred 6'3 Niel that i fought in the tournament. Got inside his range good and baited him , good coverpunches and padachagis, also back kicked him in the ballsthough.

Sparred Costa, a blackbelt , he doesnt move much and likes to jam , buti couldnt do headshots on him for lack of mouthgaurd, thus i was jammed alot but punched and landed some good solid roundhouses and cut kicked alot

Sparred Chanel, she fights very similar to costa, had some decent axe kicks from the clinch and good defense..

Synopsis: i need to get my back kicks up more and throw more doubles and triples, but a good week 3 x sparring this week

2-27 Lifting

Feet are feckin wrecked from last week so no bagwork

Squats 1x3, 2x1 @ 305 off super low box..... got off toa good start but then just kinda faltered
single leg squats 3x5 @ 60lbs...havent done these in a while and they were feckin hard
dips 3x5@ 90lbs
pullups 3x7@ 45lbs
abs..3x10

whew killer workout

2-28

AM: 20 minutes windsprints... of 80m sprint 80 m bobbing back... only 1 minute break in the whole thing. Feckin killer specially after the legwork of yesterday

PM: Taekwondo at Master Eugenes

2 rds of chunjin roundhouse 1min back to back
directly followed by 2 rds of fast kick back to back 1 min
directly followed by 2 rds of nadabams back to back 1 min
directly followed by dubon dollyo chagi, 2 kicks, then 3 kicks... all the way to 10 and back down....

that part was feckin killer, then onto paddle drills down the floor
2 rds of just roundhouses
2 rounds of fast double kick
2 rounds of fast kick axe kick
2 rounds of fast double to head roundhouse

synopsis: i thought i was fuckin dead from the sprints this morning, but now im really dead. although i did feel great after training and im going to be an endurance beast after more of this

3-2-06

First... Lifting

Plyos

Weighted squat jumps 3x10
box hops 3x10
pike jumps 3x5
one legged box hops 3x5
double clap pushups 2x5
power overs 2x10
lateral hops 2x10
One armed dumbell snatches 4x5 @ 60lbs...first time doing these and they feel cool, seem like theyd really help punching

THEN tkd class

some basic forms and blocks and kicks

then sparring. Sparred black belt ryan, he was owning me at first even in close with a nice back kick but i ended up kicking him in the face twice, once with a jump back kick and once with a roundhouse and i didnt really mean to actually..eh well... sparred timmy that was decent, hes getting better i need to go harder on him now..

3-2-06

AM: Burpees+ shadowboxing 6x2 min rds

PM: Master Eugenes TKD
started off chunjin roundhouse both legs 1 min rds
fast kick
nadabams,
trap back kick
dubon dollyo chagis up to 10 and back down

then sparring. went good, although my doubles didnt really land my back kicks were on, im kinda drunk to continue typing

3-4-06

At home, foot was a little sore from the past two weeks of sparring so just decided to do some bagwork for 30-45 min.

did some chunjin roundhouses, fast kick, nadabams, jump back kicks...

For some reason i cant do regular back kick on this bag, maybe cuz its too skinny and it hangs too high which pisses me off, i cant do dubon dollyo chagi on it either for the same reason and the supports are like right next to it and i dont feel like crackin my feet..... might need to get a wavemaster.

3-5-06.... hmm im happy ive made my log go this far, i remember my first one petered out after like a month...

Drove up to Pitt today to train, Master Moore showed up which is always a treat because he is very knowledgeable and completley diesel. Worked on basic combos like fast kick axe kick, spin hooks, nadabams on the bag. Then reactoin drills on the bag which were fun, then clock drills with fast kick and doubles. Had to bounce out a half hour early unfortunatley so i could see my friends band play. And i am now apperently a red belt by grandmasters wishes

3-6 Lifting

Started off a nice 20-30 minute warmup with kicks etc, nothin hard cuz my foot is still in pain

lifting

power clean 4x5 @ 170
barbell lunges 3x5@120
bench 2x3@ 240
pullups on rafter 1x15,1x12,1x10
standing abwheel rollouts 3x5

i fuckin hate my ghetto ass weight set at home.

Back