TKD in MMA?

feet are for standing and i can KO you with them,
imagine what my punches can do?
just kiddin LOL

Evil Eye Gouger said:
Why do so many people think that ITF is some sort of badass style? All ITF guys I've met were primarily concerned with looking good. And they compete with no contact.

Heh heh...

The real problem with ITF (which is what I practice) is that we're all old now. Too slow. Out of shape. Etc.

;)

I've met good people in both styles (WTF and ITF). Just a little while ago I ate a full spinning side kick from a 18 year old kid from a WTF school. That sure sucked! ;)

I think that many people who have met both perceive ITF as 'better' because they are meeting guys who have been doing it a long time. WTF is the 'thing' now. ITF is the dying style. So when you meet a WTF guy he could have only been training a couple years or so versus old timers like me with 20+ years of experience. Many of the WTF guys who come spar with me say they pick up a lot by sparring with us. Particularly lead leg kicking. Plus they like actually using the hands to attack the head. But there are certainly some damn good athletes in the WTF.

They are lazy asses, however, when it comes to hyungs!!!

Hyung means 'form' in Korean. Like Kibonhyung Il, II, and Sam mean 1st, 2nd, and 3rd basic form, respectively. It corresponds to 'kata' in Japanese.

Back