TJs last 10 opponents combined record before fighting him: 202-21-2 (90 win%)

Yeah, that's Cruz.
Cruz's best wins: TJ (Many people including me thought TJ won,extremely close fight) Faber x2, Joe B x2, Bowles, MM (MM was green back then)

TJ's best wins: Barao x2, Garbrandt x2, Assuncao, Lineker,Sandhagen

Considering TJ has impressively finished more than half of his key wins (unlike Dom), the only blemishes on his resume in the Bantamweight division are razor thin losses to Assuncao/Cruz.

Personally, the Barao and Cody destructions were more impressive than any single win Cruz has had.

No way, he certainly can never pass Dom. He lost handily to him and looked pretty average in that fight. Dom made him miss alot. That was prime TJ vs multiple injury passed his prime Dom.
rdlol.gif

Cruz's best wins: TJ (Many people including me thought TJ won,extremely close fight) Faber x2, Joe B x2, Bowles, MM (MM was green back then)

TJ's best wins: Barao x2, Garbrandt x2, Assuncao, Lineker,Sandhagen

Considering TJ has impressively finished more than half of his key wins (unlike Dom), the only blemishes on his resume in the Bantamweight division are razor thin losses to Assuncao/Cruz.

Personally, the Barao and Cody destructions were more impressive than any single win Cruz has had.

Context matters. Cruz' wins were just as dominant or blowouts. The fact that he came back and won the belt after the injuries solidifies it even more. It's Cruz, easy. He also never popped.

Wow, cool to see it laid out like this. You definitely can't dispute the quality of his opponents and his capacity to show up, fight and be successful.
He is definitely a stud.

Context matters. Cruz' wins were just as dominant or blowouts. The fact that he came back and won the belt after the injuries solidifies it even more. It's Cruz, easy. He also never popped.

The TJ, Faber and JoeB rematches werent blowouts at all. And Bowles broke his hand in their fight. MM wasnt even a top BW and wasnt a full time fighter back then. He only got the title shot due to robbery decision over Miguel Torres.

Cruz' wins were just as dominant or blowouts
I believe TJ has better wins

Cruz has 12 wins total in bantamweight UFC/WEC and has 5 title defenses

TJ has 12 wins total in bantamweight with the most finishes in bantamweight history, 3 title defenses,many thought he won the Cruz fight (i get it it is still a loss)

The only advantage Cruz has is the number of his title defenses against bloated flyweights like MM and Benavidez

Barao x2,Cody x2,Assuncao,Lineker,Sandhagen>>>Faber,Green and undersized MM,bloated flyweight Benavidez,Bowles

And oh yeah almost forgot to mention.Not most of those fights were blowouts or dominant

The TJ, Faber and JoeB rematches werent blowouts at all. And Bowles broke his hand in their fight. MM wasnt even a top BW and wasnt a full time fighter back then. He only got the title shot due to robbery decision over Miguel Torres.

He soundly beat Faber in that rematch. I'm pretty sure Cruz won every round. You may want to watch that again. Joe also had no real claim to that fight being a split. It should have been at best 48-47, but was more likely a 49-46. Cruz beat MM 49-46. Pretty sound wins in my book.

I know you're on a TJ redemption crusade right now, but we can go ahead and stop at him getting popped. We'll just end the debate right there. Cruz also has a win over him in a very close fight but a win is a win. We can agree to disagree.

I believe TJ has better wins

Cruz has 12 wins total in bantamweight UFC/WEC and has 5 title defenses

TJ has 12 wins total in bantamweight with the most finishes in bantamweight history, 3 title defenses,many thought he won the Cruz fight (i get it it is still a loss)

The only advantage Cruz has is the number of his title defenses against bloated flyweights like MM and Benavidez

Barao x2,Cody x2,Assuncao,Lineker,Sandhagen>>>Faber,Green and undersized MM,bloated flyweight Benavidez,Bowles

And oh yeah almost forgot to mention.Not most of those fights were blowouts or dominant

On a round per round basis, he shut out Faber in that second fight and beat MM 49-46. You can say bloated or whatever you want. TJ also lost to Assuncao. He's lost to Cruz. If you rate TJ that highly on vitamins, that's a great win for Cruz, close or not, which will definitely bolster the resume. Cruz is the BW GOAT. It is what it is.

Literally took 1 minute to go over the records and add everything

maybe your peabrain didnt pass grade 2 math but it didnt really take any time

I appreciate the effort, lol. Good thread.

Faber had no business getting that title shot and MM was just undersized like i said. Those two wins are not that impressive to me.

Another thin razor decision that could have gone to TJ. But i get it

I appreciate your perspective. TJ is a good fighter. I do think he's knocked down a notch in these arguments due positive test and I think Cruz has a great resume and beat some really good guys, but I'm not upset anyone disagreeing. It's all just an opinion anyway.

Back