TJs career vs Faber's career

People forget how huge The California Kid Faber was. He was considered the best fighter on the planet, was probably the most dominant and was one of MMA's biggest stars. TJ might be better but he is not as popular, nor a cult like hero, and certainly not as dominant as 'unbeatable' Faber was.

giphy.gif

Said no one ever.

A real pinnacle when Faber won the belt. Their careers match up like a mirror.
They def don't match up, as TJ isn't the icon that Urijah is in the sport, nor is TJ a name like Urijah became. But you are correct in that it was a real pinnacle when Faber won the WEC FW belt. He was already well known and respected prior to that win, but once he won that belt, he started to be a household name soon there after.

Faber was good in WEC until Mike Brown derailed him. After that he got by more on popularity and hype.

I agree that he was never as dominant after the Brown fights, but he was still a force for a few years, beating everyone except Cruz and Barao.

When it’s over probably tj, right now they are close. Faber was never champ but was a pioneer and still has the best name win on either of their resumes in Cruz

Faber was a champ. He was FW champion of the WEC - which is the same lineal world title that Max Holloway currently holds. He defended it five times, an incredible record. And he was a natural BW too.

Faber was a pretty damn big deal back in the day. His ass(es) were everywhere and was expected to be the next big thing moving to the UFC.

Plus WEC counts!

Faber was a champ. He was FW champion of the WEC - which is the same lineal world title that Max Holloway currently holds. He defended it five times, an incredible record. And he was a natural BW too.
I know I’m just talking about ufc champ which tj has won twice

Yeah I know I mean he wasn’t champ in the ufc and tj has been twice

Had FW and BW divisions were in the UFC already, Faber would've been UFC champ.

Fact: Faber was #1 FW and world champ for a long long time.

TJ-Cody 2 will be big factor in answering that question.

Faber had an incredible run before anybody but the hardcores watched MMA below 155 pounds.

TJ is a 2 time UFC champ. He's legit.

Back