TJ was right to leave TAM, he's not a snake

Faber found this kid living/wrestling in the streets as a high schooler and brought him in, showed him the ropes, and groomed him for greatness. there's such thing as loyalty

TJ was an opportunist, the exact definition of snake in the grass
I hope you are not one of those who shits on Ronda for staying with Tarverdyan. and I am not a fan of Ronda by any means.
TJ did what was best for his career, as anyone should.

I hope you are not one of those who shits on Ronda for staying with Tarverdyan. and I am not a fan of Ronda by any means.
TJ did what was best for his career, as anyone should.
I'm not one of those people and I also applaud Conor for staying with Kavannagh. loyalty means something to me

He may not look like one, but TJ is a grown up and he made a grown up decision to better his career/life. Good for him.

Leaving TAM wasn't the "snake" part. It was the way he did it.

I think it was the right career move overall for Dillashaw though. He's quickly becoming one of the most underrated guys in the sport.

The way he left was snake-like

"I'm still there" to..."I'm still there but also working with Dwayne" to..."Urijah Faber was never my friend"

When did Dillashaw say Faber was never his friend? I don't think he ever said anything of the like.

There are other fighters that train at multiple camps and keep close ties to former/other camps.

Gus, Wonderboy, to name a couple.

Leaving TAM wasn't the "snake" part. It was the way he did it.

I think it was the right career move overall for Dillashaw though. He's quickly becoming one of the most underrated guys in the sport.
Still a huge overreaction

I think you are wrong.
If TAM is not successful, please show another gym that made so many top fighters? Just to name a few from the top of my mind: Urijah Faber (obviously), Danny Castillo, Joseph Benavidez, Chad Mendes, Cody Garbrandt, Paige VanZant, and yes (why not?) T.J. Dillashaw (he was formed and grew there, moved only after getting the belt).

By the way, his departure and the mess that ensued was not TAM's fault. It was the timing of it all, the TUF and mostly due to Conor's comment about TJ being a snake in the grass.

If TJ had any brains, he could have waited it out a little more, and not leave right after he got the belt and that particular episode of TUF came out. This is what blowed off and cost him a lot of fans and (as you mentioned), his belt.
In the process he lost a lot of friends (from TAM, for the way things went) and a lot of money as well.
I respectfully disagree
Why do Chad and Joe B go out of their way to get Bang's training after everything Faber accused Bang of? Something doesn't add up, it's because he made them better fighters. Dillashaw and the others could only be so good with their current coaching. TAM wasn't good with nuanced mma, Bang made the difference for TJ. Castillo, Garbrandt(Garbrandt Ko'd a journeyman about to be released by the ufc, he's just marketable), and PVZ are very limited fighters. TAM overreacted and acted like a psycho exgirlfriend getting dumped. They stayed the same and there is truth to Bang's comments that only TJ wanted to be a champion. Simply put there is only so much growth you can do at TAM and TJ had the insight to seek better training

MMA isn't a team sport so I don't really care about that drama. TJ's real and biggest mistake, In my opinion, was not jumping on that "snake" bandwagon when it went viral.

TJ "The Snake" Dillashaw :cool:

Firstly, it would have shown a sense of humor, secondly, it's pretty fucking badass, and thirdly, it's great marketing. The number one trick in the McGregor playbook is: let your haters hype you.

So simple. Massive missed opportunity.

He's not a snake for leaving. He's a snake for telling Faber he wasn't leaving, and that Ludwig wasn't secretly recruiting him, when that is exactly what was going on.

TJ became a champ training at Alpha Male. Ludwig was a big part of that too, but why mess with a good thing. He could've split time between camps, but he thought, "I'm a champ now, I can make money to train with Ludwig in Colorado, I'm a fucking badass."

Well, in effect, he lost the best training partners the world has to offer for his weight class. Who his size and with his speed is he training with in Colorado?

Whether it was snakey or not, he fucked himself by leaving and turned his back on the guy and the team who brought him up.

His ego got the better of him. It is what it is.

That's what exactly happened. Ironically Faber was the one who got Duane to do that, he was the one who told Duane to build his brand, and along with Joe Rogan (who I sometimes question his judgement of abilities and his motivations) touting him and paying him to be an ONNIT sponsored athlete, Duane did just that.
I love how he was selling peanut butter at the gym. Dude was hustling like an uncle who's always on Craigslist.

The meme is too good to let it go. So you are just going to have to deal with it
I used to hate how that became his identity on Sherdog, but now I love it.

I'm not referencing TJ, I'm talking about that kaiokenrye.
And you're still a kid, don't make me put you over my knee, or I'll send you off to @NotoriousMillions where he can molest you, like the Pedo he is.

I always knew you were a fat 50 year old virgin that called young studs like me self 'pedos' as projection.

Fookin old weirdos, I swears. Always tryna get a peek of young dons like me self.

i dont think he is a snake at all for leaving TAM,and actually like him alot. I just call him Dillasnake anyway,just cos its got a good ring to it.

sssssssssssssssssssssss

I always knew you were a fat 50 year old virgin that called young studs like me self 'pedos' as projection.

Fookin old weirdos, I swears. Always tryna get a peek of young dons like me self.

Lol cmon Jared, who are you trying to fool. You've got child molestor written all over you.

Some guys will forever give TJ a pass on this and I never will because I know better.

That he left was not the problem. That was his right. The way he left was completely dead ass wrong and it still makes me laugh how he tries to make it seem like Faber was the guy who acted bad.

Back