TJ was right to leave TAM, he's not a snake

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I never understood why TAM was considered to be one of the best camps for the lighter weight classes. The majority of their fighters never seem to be making progress and seem lost when fighting someone who has subtleties of MMA down.
I'm a big fan of PVZ but she was outclassed by someone who is far more skilled(although I will recognize the age and experience difference) Waterson trains at a real camp and it shows in how she mixes in her karate with her ground game. Point is PVZ has not made much progess, beating a journeywoman and losing to top level fighters
In MMA especially in the lighter weight classes, your time at the top is limited as most fighters rely on their quickness. There was a reason why TJ was the first and only champion from TAM(Garbrandt Ko'd a fighter about to be released by the promotion,he's not that good) If I had a wife and a home in California(which must be expensive) I would do everything it took to stay one step ahead of everyone else. TJ is one of the few former champs still in immediate title contention in a sport where it's very difficult to regain a belt(look at Pettis, Weidman, RDA, Hendricks, the list goes on and on)
I think if TJ wasn't fighting so emotionally and distracted by all the TAM fallout he would have beaten Cruz, it is what it is

Faber found this kid living/wrestling in the streets as a high schooler and brought him in, showed him the ropes, and groomed him for greatness. there's such thing as loyalty

TJ was an opportunist, the exact definition of snake in the grass

please press enter

and this is old as fuck. anyone who isn't retarded knows that he wasn't a "snake". most of them were just parroting mcgregor

It was the smart move
Snake nonetheless

The meme is too good to let it go. So you are just going to have to deal with it

Cmon out of all the examples of someone to represent what TAM is all about you talk about PVZ?

There have been more good fighters at lower weight classes in that gym than any other gym out there. TJ can do what he wants and he likes Duane I guess but Ludwig seems crazy as shit to me

The way he left was snake-like

"I'm still there" to..."I'm still there but also working with Dwayne" to..."Urijah Faber was never my friend"

sssssssssssssssssss-nice try

Faber found this kid living/wrestling in the streets as a high schooler and brought him in, showed him the ropes, and groomed him for greatness. there's such thing as loyalty

TS, can't seem to understand when your coach and friend asks you point blank what's the deal, the right thing to do is tell the truth. Not deny it, then change your mind to tell the truth 24 hrs later like a punk ass little kid.

Good coaches are pretty easy to find, excellent coaches are hard to find and elite coaches are extremely rare. It's pretty hard to tell the difference right away, too.

TAM seems to have between good and excellent coaches. They'll get you in shape and get you to the bright lights but they don't seem to have that creativity and constant reassessment that is required to be truly elite and remain elite for a long time (not a knock on Faber, he was elite, if not champ any time recently).

I tend to agree with your overall assessment of TAM's coaching quality just based off their fighters and with absolutely not enough information to say for sure.

I think TJ made the right choices but he may not have executed the switch very well. I couldn't care less, though. Sometimes it's hard to tell a mentor and bro the hurtful truth. You still SHOULD but when it comes down to it, every one of us is some kind of liar.

Faber made TJ a good fighter no doubt, Ludwig made Dillashaw great. It's clear that TJ and Ludwig do great work together, TJ may have not been sensitive enough in his exit but it's undeniable that leaving TAM was the right move. The sport doesn't pay enough to lose, the Bald One once said "you eat what you kill"

Duane seems like the real snake and TJ took his side.

The way he left was snake-like

"I'm still there" to..."I'm still there but also working with Dwayne" to..."Urijah Faber was never my friend"
It wasn't snake-like I would have handled it differently but you have to be a man and do what's best for you and your family it's that simple

Chad, Benavidez, TJ, all train elsewhere because Team Alpha Fail is stagnant and full of derailed hype trains...if Cody can't get it done against Cruz, he'll be looking for training elsewhere.

Duane seems like the real snake and TJ took his side.

Faber was ok with Joe B. leaving, because Joe talked to Faber like a man and had enough respect for his friend to tell him how he felt and he needed a change. Faber didn't say one word about it, in fact, TAM didn't mention it for almost 2-3 months after Joe left for Colorado.

Faber recruited TJ out of college. i feel sorry for the people who take your trolling bullshit as fact.

Back