Tj was literally hitting the air in the Dominick Cruz fight, a clear win for Cruz.

They won't because Dom had some injuries in the past so he gets +10 points every round of every fight he is in now.

again the hitting air...
When will you people understand that all that counts on the scorecards are the strikes landed and not the ones missed?
Hit evasion is not a striking criteria.

the problem with Conor posts is.. well, everything. If you give him credit for anything, no matter what you say, you get called a nuthugging fuckhead for it. Apparently saying he’s one of the best strikers we’ve seen in MMA is too much. Shit, a Conor fan could probably just say “I think he’s a good fighter” and they’d probably still get verbally gang raped for it. Just being a fan of him is ‘bad’ here. Guys a great fighter. One of the best strikers we’ve seen. One of the best fighters in the world. He could very well beat Khabib. Just like Khabib could end up beating him. Unfortunately, just saying you believe Conor has a chance is enough to get you into trouble with the haters(the real nuthuggers).

True. I think Conor pulls it off and wins, btw. Tko Rd 2.

There is also the Conor fans who legit think he would ko Jon Jones or is the best striker ever in any combat sport. So it does go both ways. I do concede the extreme haters really are rabid. A lot of them are setting themselves up for a lot of crow eating should Conor win. Granted, Conor fans also ate hardcore crow after Nate 1 and Mayweather. I mean, 0hm straight up abandoned his account and likely started a newer, gayer one.

It's like people don't learn from threads/posts like:
  • Y'all Have No Idea Who Eddie Alvarez Is Do You??? / Nate Won't Get Hit In The Rematch
  • Conor Is Better Everywhere Than Nate This Will Be A Bloodbath / Conor KO Mayweather First Exchange Guaranteed

True. I think Conor pulls it off and wins, btw. Tko Rd 2.

There is also the Conor fans who legit think he would ko Jon Jones or is the best striker ever in any combat sport. So it does go both ways. I do concede the extreme haters really are rabid. A lot of them are setting themselves up for a lot of crow eating should Conor win. Granted, Conor fans also ate hardcore crow after Nate 1 and Mayweather. I mean, 0hm straight up abandoned his account and likely started a newer, gayer one.

It's like people don't learn from threads/posts like:
  • Y'all Have No Idea Who Eddie Alvarez Is Do You??? / Nate Won't Get Hit In The Rematch
  • Conor Is Better Everywhere Than Nate This Will Be A Bloodbath / Conor KO Mayweather First Exchange Guaranteed

Some Conor fans are alright, some aren’t. It’s like there’s good fans and bad fans. Then there’s haters and others that just ‘dislike’ him or simply don’t care for him. There’s delusional fans that say he’d beat Cain or some shit. Then realistic fans saying Conor/Khabib is a dangerous fight for both guys stylistically. Then there’s haters acting like all of his wins are because his opponents all sucked (they were a god the night before, though) flukes, fixed, etc. Then the reaslitic ones that don’t hate him, just don’t like him or simply don’t care for him saying they’re good wins, that Conor is legit.. but they don’t f’n like him or care about him (said that about 10 times now).

That’s perfectly fine, just hate the excuses for his wins. Fucking can’t stand that. And yeah, they set themselves up for some major crow if Conor wins but they usually just make the same excuses (well, Khabib was always a shit striker, always had meh TD’s, etc) or they’ll just vanish. Then they jump on the next opponents nuts (probably tony) and say the same things about how Conor has no chance, even BS profiles will pop up with names like “FergusonREALChamp!” - “Ferguson>McNutNibblers”, etc.

Then the same excuses after, the vanishing, onto the next one. When Conor loses, some nuthuggers vanish but most don’t. Only the ones that make wild claims will disappear, most of his fans stay and continue to support him because they like his style, think he’s very good, etc. Conor has loyal fans. Conor’s opponents have Conor haters that will turn on them if they lose. Before the fight, they re amazing. After the fight they’re fucking trash. This is why the haters are worse and it’s why they’re the true nuthuggers because they can’t stop thinking about him. They can’t stop.

Conor fans are usually around when he has a fight coming up or they’re still high after his performance for a few weeks or something, but his haters are ALWAYS here making shit threads. Don’t tell me youve never noticed that.

I've said since the fight the most impressive thing about that fight was how many times TJ swung and missed. It was over 300x....

That's insane.

Uh, Cruz was limping due to his fasciitis. Nothing TJ did. Hes suffered with that a long time. Its painful when connective tissue surrounding muscles in your foot decide to weaken and collapse and you have to fight with it. I had it in one foot he had/has it in both.
Rofl. I loved that fight and consider it a close fight.

But your reasoning is absolute bullshit. Cruz was mobile and bouncing and evasive until TJ demolished his leg with kicks. Maybe his condition played a part in it, but the Leg kicks were the catalyst damage of that fight. It was clear as day the kick did extreme damage.

Hey man , wanted to ask you how is frankie has he waked up yet from that knockout ?
giphy.gif

The lesson is not to fight steroid cheats.

Defense isn't scored in MMA, defense is it's own reward.

Cruz is still ducking the TJ rematch nearly 3 years later.
It is true. Long before this fight they revised the scoring criteria to emphasize that defense is not to be scored positively on the cards because it is its own reward.

Cruz won easily. TJ didnt set up his kicks with punches. rookie mistake.

i don't understand all the controversy on the win either. Was a clear Cruz win to me.

I've said since the fight the most impressive thing about that fight was how many times TJ swung and missed. It was over 300x....

That's insane.
He also hit Cruz more times than Cruz hit him but that part is always conveniently omitted when discussing the fight.

Cruz probably out-pointed him. But TJ was actually trying to do damage. Cruz's little pokey punches and herky-jerky movements just don't do it for me.

Some Conor fans are alright, some aren’t. It’s like there’s good fans and bad fans. Then there’s haters and others that just ‘dislike’ him or simply don’t care for him. There’s delusional fans that say he’d beat Cain or some shit. Then realistic fans saying Conor/Khabib is a dangerous fight for both guys stylistically. Then there’s haters acting like all of his wins are because his opponents all sucked (they were a god the night before, though) flukes, fixed, etc. Then the reaslitic ones that don’t hate him, just don’t like him or simply don’t care for him saying they’re good wins, that Conor is legit.. but they don’t f’n like him or care about him (said that about 10 times now).

That’s perfectly fine, just hate the excuses for his wins. Fucking can’t stand that. And yeah, they set themselves up for some major crow if Conor wins but they usually just make the same excuses (well, Khabib was always a shit striker, always had meh TD’s, etc) or they’ll just vanish. Then they jump on the next opponents nuts (probably tony) and say the same things about how Conor has no chance, even BS profiles will pop up with names like “FergusonREALChamp!” - “Ferguson>McNutNibblers”, etc.

Then the same excuses after, the vanishing, onto the next one. When Conor loses, some nuthuggers vanish but most don’t. Only the ones that make wild claims will disappear, most of his fans stay and continue to support him because they like his style, think he’s very good, etc. Conor has loyal fans. Conor’s opponents have Conor haters that will turn on them if they lose. Before the fight, they re amazing. After the fight they’re fucking trash. This is why the haters are worse and it’s why they’re the true nuthuggers because they can’t stop thinking about him. They can’t stop.

Conor fans are usually around when he has a fight coming up or they’re still high after his performance for a few weeks or something, but his haters are ALWAYS here making shit threads. Don’t tell me youve never noticed that.

Oh I noticed for sure. Some real cringey threads at times.

Conor is legit as fuck. Floyd may not have been going all out, but still Conor did ok, showed some moments of brilliance. In MMA, he is a monster. His resume is good, he does need some defenses and more top 10 wins but his resume is much better than haters say.

Can't stand his antics, I prefer the humble in victory and defeat stuff he shows sometimes. But, I'll always buy his fights. Very entertaining fighter and a beast.

When it was over I had no idea who won. They could have given either fighter the win and it would've been questionable.

Haven't rewatched it though. Need to soon.

It was coin toss.

But I will say it's funny that people claim excess aggression cost TJ the fight. Can't recall another fight where so many claim accuracy percentage is a key scoring criteria.

The rules are quite clear, you get scored on what works no consideration to what doesn't.

Lastly,
Shout out to Tony Weeks for giving Cruz the 4th, that is to me the worst scored round I have ever seen.

I think they say this because making Cruz come to him would have thrown Cruz off like it did with Cody. TJ tried to beat Cruz while playing his game and got pretty damn close.

Rofl. I loved that fight and consider it a close fight.

But your reasoning is absolute bullshit. Cruz was mobile and bouncing and evasive until TJ demolished his leg with kicks. Maybe his condition played a part in it, but the Leg kicks were the catalyst damage of that fight. It was clear as day the kick did extreme damage.
ok. Apparently those who agreed with my "reasoning" which I see are quite a few may agree with it because it IS what the problem was OR they likely saw the same pre-fight and post fight build up scrums/interviews where he mentions the condition being an issue and feared it could act up at any time in his fight and eventually did.

Last edited:
ok. Apparently those who agreed with my "reasoning" which I see are quite a few may agree with it because it IS what the problem was OR they likely saw the same pre-fight and post fight build up scrums/interviews where he mentions the condition being an issue and feared it could act up at any time in his fight and eventually did.
yeah it just ahppened to act up right after a vicious strike of the fight kick to the leg. it was not the kick itself that did damage. his condition chose to act up right then and there coincidentally.

Do you even read what you write? lol

yeah it just ahppened to act up right after a vicious strike of the fight kick to the leg. it was not the kick itself that did damage. his condition chose to act up right then and there coincidentally.

Do you even read what you write? lol
I see what I write, as do others see what I write, those plenty others agree, so apparently you see something about what I write that is inaccurate. Thats your right to an opinion. I dont agree with you. You dont agree with me. So it is what it is.

What does " vicious strike of the fight kick to the leg. " even mean btw? And you're questioning if I read what I write.

very telling how Cruz beats TJ at his best when he's ring-rusty and suffering from injuries 4 times a year.

BW GOAT bar none.

If you wanna talk about hitting nothing but air:

FreshHeftyAmericancurl-small.gif

tumblr_oj28s0o2ip1u2ragso1_500.gif

tumblr_oj1hlg2myx1vu6duzo6_500.gif

On the other hand...

T.J.-Dillashaw-def-Cody-Garbrandt-via-knockout-punches.gif

ScalyWideeyedAntbear-size_restricted.gif

ElegantDisloyalHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

If we look at quality of wins, TJ is ahead.

Cruz's best wins:
- Dillashaw (controversial decision though that many people scored for Dillashaw)
- Faber x2
- Benavidez x2 (the rematch was also a super close split decision)

TJ Dillashaw's best wins:
- Garbrandt x2
- Lineker
- Barao x2
- Assuncao (should be x2)

Dillashaw is better.

If we look at quality of wins, TJ is ahead.

Cruz's best wins:
- Dillashaw (controversial decision though that many people scored for Dillashaw)
- Faber x2
- Benavidez x2 (the rematch was also a super close split decision)

TJ Dillashaw's best wins:
- Garbrandt x2
- Lineker
- Barao x2
- Assuncao (should be x2)

Dillashaw is better.

Here's the thing- Dominic's title reign and legacy spanned from Faber's era to today. TJ Dillashaw's emergence and existence at top 5 represents a tiny fraction of Dominic's career.

And for Cruz's best wins- you're forgetting to mention Demetrious Johnson and Takeya Mizugaki, who was as highly ranked as Lineker was when Lineker fought TJ.

If you look at top 3 GOATs in discussion for BW, it's Dominic, Faber, and Dillashaw and Dominic bested both of them, had the longest title reign, and has the best point-blank win/loss record between 3 of them.

It's only a debate right now because the UFC hype commentators made it one.

Back