''TJ was hitting the air all night hurr durr''

mirellale

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Guess what? You don't count the missed against a fighter.The unified rules only score aggression, damage, strikes landed, and dominant positions.And TJ won in all these areas. Missed shots absolutely meant nothing in the fight.Stupid and ignorant Dom fans need to stop with that narrative.

1.Effective Defense Removed as a criteria:

Effective Defense will no longer be considered a requirement for the following reasons:

1. The committee believes that offensive actions should be the only criteria used to score MMA matches. Offensive fighters are fighters which carry the fight and push the action, and make the fight happen.

2. Defense is its own reward. A fighter who chooses to avoid using defensive actions will invariably suffer the consequences. For example if a fighter decides that they do not want to block or avoid a strike, protect themselves from a submission, or avoid a throw or takedown then they will suffer the results of those offensive actions being used against them. The only role defensive action plays is to keep a fighter in the fight longer so that they can attempt to score using offensive actions.

3. Having two fighters avoid offensive actions and rely solely on defense goes against the basic primary consideration of any combative sport: To score using offense.

http://abcboxing.com/Unified_Rules_of_MMA_Judging_Criteria.pdf

All that really mattered in the end:

th

Stop crying tj lost and was hitting nothing but air! Cruz is the 135 goat.

Dude I was pulling hard for tj but he clearly lost. He got taken down a bunch and really did nothing of note. You want to give it to him simply cause he walked forward?

It was a good fight but Cruz made him look like a rank amateur at times. I’ve never seen a fighter miss as many consecutive shots as I did in that fight. Move on

That fight was 2 and a half years ago.... let it go dude. They will fight again.

TJ did miss a lot in that fight but I still think he won. More damage.Either way fight was very close and all these people pretending it was a blow-out need to watch it again.

I think TJ can definitely win with a better approach to the fight. Also Cruz is fucked up from even more injuries. I think TJ takes the rematch and might even finish Cruz.

Cody wrote a book on how to beat Cruz. Don't chase him. Wait for him to come, angle off and counter. It is actually that simple. TJ was moving forward and missing while Cruz was countering. If roles are switched I think TJ catches Cruz coming in like Cody did so many times.

Cruz won 4-2.
3-2 in the cage.
1-0 (10-7) at the trash talk.
get over it!
life goes on!
go outside!
live!
no more cries!
it will soon get better!

TJ is a much more exciting fighter than Cruz and is a much better finisher of fights.
I would also asume that he would be the betting favourite if they were to fight again.
I’d have my money on Killashaw.

Cruz was coming off a virtual five year layoff, multiple career threatening injuries, had the plantar fasciitis basically making him immobile during the second half of the fight, and the best TJ could do was lose a close decision?

lol.

If anything, it speaks volumes about Dom's greatness and mental toughness.

He got taken down a bunch and really did nothing of note. You want to give it to him simply cause he walked forward?
TJ had more control time in one takedown than Cruz's four.TJ won the wrestling in that fight.

It was a good fight but Cruz made him look like a rank amateur at times. I’ve never seen a fighter miss as many consecutive shots as I did in that fight. Move on
This thread is about missed shots not mattering and look at what you post lol

That was so long ago and TJ is the champ now anyway.

I'd like to see a rematch honestly.

Back