TJ vs Cejudo moved to Ufc on ESPN 1

Preferably they both miss weight.

Huge TJ fan but how the hell does he make 125? I want to see him fight at 145 for the belt there. More insane weight cutting.

I hate this fight at flyweight but love it at bantamweight

<{MindBrown}>

From 65 bucks to 5 bucks. I still don’t understand why the ufc wants this fight at all let alone at 125

Because they're top fighters who can reasonably be expected to put on a stellar fight?

WW is in the saddest state ever really

While I do believe Woodley is climbing the ranks as one of the best WW's of all time, he's really the only exciting guy to watch (and that's when he really goes for it). If he fights like he did vs Wonderboy in the rematch or like he did vs Maia, it is the most boring shit on the planet to watch.

I think the old WW division had a lot more exciting match ups and rising stars. The Lawler championship reign was the most exciting time of the WW division for me.

it’s the rankings system that fucks everything up. top dawgs aren’t down to give young guns a chance. Zeleski Capoeira, Leon Edwards, Michel Prazeres can take out Ponz, Till, Wonderboy, etc

Been loving espn+ and this makes it even better.

i'm dropping my FP subscription at end of the month and getting espn+. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

Pretty sure i'm getting DaZn too, hear that's actually really worth it as well.

Sucks if FP is the only place to watch Polaris/Quintet/EBI stuff though, as those are probably the best things on Fightpass Sans the actual fights.

At least they finally got a main.

Of a division that will be history soon.

dana-white-twitter.jpg
LMFAO, you're a savage bro.

So do they then lose PPV points or did they get a nice pay increase?

I don't know if they actually would have sold enough for PPV points, so maybe this is a good thing?

I was going to buy tickets to the one in Anaheim to support the hometown kid in Dillashaw but don't think I will now. It would've been my first event too. Honda Center is only about 10 mins away from my apartment.

Last edited:
ESPN must of been like "look we aint giving you all this money to put these bum cards on our network/service"

Bummer. I'm going to UFC 233 too. Great headliner for the debut though. Should be a great fight.

I'm sure it will be Woodley vs. Usman/Covington now headlining.

Was hoping for two title fights.
Come on DC! Get on this card!

Unfortunatley, Woodley is recovering from his 4th surgery in like 18 months so he won't be able to fight and also I don't think DC will be fighting until at least March. He has consistently said he wants to retire before his 40th birthday in March. Dana has went on the record saying he wants DC to fight at least 3 more times so I really don't know. Lesnar is eligble to fight in January but apparently he signed a lucrative deal with the WWE and nobody has heard anything from him. So we can't speculate whether that fight is still going to happen. If DC really is done by March, he says that he wants the Jones fight at 205lbs. Link attached for those who never saw it:

The DV issue, maybe. The SoCal ties? That’s a stretch. Dillashaw was born and raised in Sonora California which may as well be a different state, both geographically and culturally. Heck, Las Vegas and SoCal are slightly closer than Sonora and SoCal. Yes he went to College out here, but it’s not like he’s considered a home town guy.

Cejudo was born in LA but went to HS in Colorado and Arizona. No one was buying tickes because of their “ties”.

I've never even checked. Can you get ESPN Plus in Canada?

The DV issue, maybe. The SoCal ties? That’s a stretch. Dillashaw was born and raised in Sonora California which may as well be a different state, both geographically and culturally. Heck, Las Vegas and SoCal are slightly closer than Sonora and SoCal. Yes he went to College out here, but it’s not like he’s considered a home town guy.

Cejudo was born in LA but went to HS in Colorado and Arizona. No one was buying tickes because of their “ties”.
For what it's worth I was at 227 when Cejudo fought MM at Staples and he got one of the biggest cheers from the predominantly Mexican crowd. Might be one of the reasons the fight got FOTN even though I thought Munhoz/Johns was more exciting.

So do they then lose PPV points or did they get a nice pay increase?

I don't know if they actually would have sold enough for PPV points, so maybe this is a good thing?
The right thing is for them to get a pay increase for having any alteration to their original fight contract. Dana was always looking another title fight for 233 so TJ/Cejudo wasn't going to headline alone. And who knows? 227 with TJ/Cody and MM/Cejudo surprisingly did 300K buys but that might be because of Cody and MM.

So if you have a cable package with all the ESPN channels you can't even watch this because you don't technically have espn+ ?

Then if you drop your inflated cable package (what espn+ is trying to target) and get espn+ then you now can't get the regular ESPN cards ?

What a fucking joke.

Back