TJ "The Dominator" Dillashaw

gqgeo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Was it me or did TJ look like Dominick's foot work, head movement, and striking.

Great fight overall and if TJ keeps up this style i see him being a force at 135

Now we know there was a very good chance that if Dominic was able to fight Barao in his return, he would have unified the belts. TJ basically replicated Cruz's footwork, fast hands, angles, and creativity tonight.

Don't say that Cruz will limp on one leg and take that title back if he has to. He will have to take another name like "Brock's nephew" "Chainsaw" "Out of nowhere" etc to name a few. :icon_lol:

I'm just glad he beat the hell out of that dancing bastard.

SWEET JUSTICE.

Johnny Eduardo will win the title, just wait.

Kinda similar but TJ striking is much sharper, Dominick moves around greatly and has a gas tank to back it up, but his footwork gets sloppy sometimes (his footwork is largely overrated because of his movement, but his placement wasn't perfect). Cruz transitions to wrestling were more fluid though.

He fought a lot like him, but with better straight punches (something I've always thought Cruz would benefit massively from), but lesser feints and td transitions. He also threw more kicks than Cruz has in his last few fights (compared to Cruz when back when he fought Bowles where he used kicks supremely well).
Similar in a lot of respects though, enough to where I can say" I told you so" in terms of Cruz vs. Barao.

Back