TJ looked really good,but wasn't that impressed with him like everyone else!!!

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He did really good for someone who was supposed to get dismantled and had arguably no chance of winning that fight.
That's why i think his win is blown out of proportion(and maybe rightfully so).

But it wasn't something out of this world like Rogan and some people seem to be thinking.Rogan's bias comment's are always...

And i didn't see a different Dillashaw.Since TUF he fought like that: moving around,changing angles/stances throwing leg kicks,uppercuts etc.

I was really surprised that he didn't even try to mix things up with takedowns like he normally does.

I said it before the fight that Barao wasn't really respecting TJ.It was the first time i saw Barao talking about being a star and wanting to get paid better.He was looking past TJ and didn't fight like he should've.

TJ looked amazing last night and that surprised and bummed the hell out of me.
It was and will be the best performance of his career.

Don't think he could have looked much better. If Barao looked past him then it changes nothing. He should fight everyone with same respect especially in a ufc title fight.

Dominick Cruz was on a completely different level to anyone at BW, TJ looked fantastic but while he emulated aspects of Cruz' style he also added parts of his own. Barao is good, he just wasn't unbeatable like his fans wanted to believe.

I think it says a lot about being with the right team and having the right coaches.

Dillashaw worked really hard.

Barao should probably be at 145, but his pal Aldo is there.

Maybe Aldo can challenge at 155, Barao move up, and Dillashaw can enter an alpha male grudge match with Dominick Cruz.

He did really good for someone who was supposed to get dismantled and had arguably no chance of winning that fight.
He did really good period. He just demolished the #3 ranked p4p fighter in the world.
Please elaborate on how beating arguably the greatest fighter and martial artist in the world could possibly get blown out of proportion.
And i didn't see a different Dillashaw.Since TUF he fought like that: moving around,changing angles/stances throwing leg kicks,uppercuts etc.
He got better at it.
I was really surprised that he didn't even try to mix things up with takedowns like he normally does.
Why "mix things up" when you're dominating the stand up battle and doing great on your feet?

someone sounds ass hurt why don't u get Brazilian cum and dick out your mouth and ass
Dude WTF?
That's the kind of things that come across your mind on a forum about MMA?

Biased commentary? Barao had very very little success in anything while TJ lit him up. Calling it like it is =! bias.

Secondly - how can you not be impressed? I don't think Barao is stupid enough to take anyone lightly.

But it wasn't something out of this world like Rogan and some people seem to be thinking.Rogan's bias comment's are always...

I said it before the fight that Barao wasn't really respecting TJ.It was the first time i saw Barao talking about being a star and wanting to get paid better.He was looking past TJ and didn't fight like he should've.

You are not making sense.
It's even more impressive that he dominated Barao without mixing in takedowns.
Barao looked like he always does, from a technical standpoint. It's just that his technique has holes, as was painfully evident.

1. If Barao looked past him, then he deserved to lose. A huge part of being champion is maintaining focus. Without a great mental game, you are not a great fighter.

2. I do not think Barao looked past TJ or that he lost focus. He just got beat. It happens.

3. Dillashaw fought a great fight. He deserves all the credit in the world.

How can you not be impressed by Dillashaw's performance? He beat the shit out of Barao. Completely dominated the fight.
And if Barao as a champion took a challenger lightly, that was a massively foolish thing to do and he has only himself to blame.

Dillashaw has continuously improved, he had no need to "mix it up with takedowns", why do that when you are whooping your opponent standing?

Go ahead and keep believing your last line about Barao "He was looking past TJ and didn't fight like he should've." Keep believing it should have happened the way you wanted it to instead of the way it did happen.

Barao fought the way he always has and it wasn't even close to being in contention with Dillashaw last night.

Shut up and go away.

TJ looked amazing last night and that surprised and bummed the hell out of me.
It was and will be the best performance of his career.

Completely agree , Barao is my favourite fighter now that GAP is gone and so I'm bummed he got dismantled but I hope he just comes back stronger and takes the belt back .

Back