#2 Lineker
#3 Assuncao
C/#1 Barao

Cruz's best wins:
C TJ
#2 Faber x2
Mighty Mouse
Benavidez x2

Yes Cruz beat TJ, that doesn't make Cruz above TJ, TJ has clearly beaten much better competition, most of the guys Cruz beat were not even Top 5 worthy like Scott Jorgenson, and fucking Mizugaki. People just don't wanna admit it because Dillashaw bad, Dillashaw bad EPO man.
you forgot baraox2

Soto was #32.
Assuncao was removed from the rankings for having not fought in 1 year, 9 month, and 6 days (unless of course you think it's justified for someone to remain ranked or not go down in rankings after being inactive for that long).

If you want to go on to cite the UFC's "rankings", keep in mind these are the so-called media members who vote on the rankings:

And they're told how to vote by the UFC based on marketability, which solidifies how meaningless the UFC rankings truly are:
UFC rankings shouldn't be used just as a rule. The UFC is a promotion, not the whole sport, and there are plenty of top 10/15 ranked guys outside of the UFC in most divisions.

I though TJ clearly beat Dom in their matchup as well a few years ago, that was a robbery. TJ is most definitely the BW goat, not Cruz, won't ever recognize Cruz over TJ.

It's still Dom. The only way people can think otherwise is if they Ignore WEC. The fact that TS didn't even mention the Bowles win as a top win, despite bowles being the champ at that times, shows us a real lack of understanding of the history in this division.

TJ is very, very close, though. That is if you count cheats.

Last edited:
USADA destroyed TJ. Cruz destroyed USADA.

It's not close.

TJ was busted for EPO usage and received a two year ban from the sport as a result. Unless you're arguing semantics, and saying TJ didn't get busted specifically for steroids, I don't understand your post.
Exactly

ahhh the old swinging at air all night silliness.

It's how I know you have no idea what you're talking about.

Fact: TJ outlanded Cruz.
Fact: Cruz landed at a whopping 10% higher rate than TJ over the fight.... so your logic implies Dom also "swung at air all night"

The other stuff you say is just silly.... "Dom was doing fine until TJ started breaking his ass down with leg kicks".

Too funny.

TJ 4-1, TJ 3-2, Cruz 3-2 and Cruz 4-1 are all valid scores for this fight.... If you're not a ridiculous fanboy that is.

Ahh the old “loser didn’t lose argument”… gotta love those

dominick-cruz-ufc-fight-night-811.jpg

He’s not. Beyond having a less accomplished career, he also lost, in his prime, to an older and injured Cruz. I don’t know how you could argue in good faith that he ranks above Cruz. I don’t even like Cruz.

Indefinitely? No. It wasn't even 2 years and he was top5.... even if he fought and lost during that time, he wasn't losing his top10 rank in that time so it's sily. If he was say, #10 in the rankings, i could consider agreeing with it but the dude was top5 when he was out.
Assuncao was only ranked #7 after defeating Caraway, so based on the above that means it's completely justified for him to lose his rank.

However, the fact that you couldn't answer every question I posed shows how easily your logic falls apart.

If it's okay for rankings to change based on fighters winning and losing, on a weekly/monthly basis, why in the world would inactive fighters be excluded by such changes? If anything, inactive fighters should be the quickest/easiest fighters to start moving down the rankings because they're not actually competing, unlike everyone else in the division.

Back