TJ is easily the BW GOAT over Cruz

That stat stung huh? lol.
I don't know/care about their ranked opponents; what I do know is that Cruz isn't anywhere near my list of greats.

Wouldn't say stung, it's just twisted to fit a narrative that doesn't tell the full story. CM Punk has less losses in the UFC than Anderson Silva if we want to tell half a story.

That's a silly reason to not include him as a top win. Imagine Jon Jones coming back to LHW now and not being considered a top win at LHW compared to someone like Johnny Walker.... lol
So Assuncao should've been able to retain his rank indefinitely? What about the remainder of the division's fighters who remain active and accumulate wins? Is it impossible for those fighters to surpass Assuncao's rank? If they do, doesn't that require Assuncao to go down in rank? Does that mean champions shouldn't be stripped of their titles if they're inactive? Does that mean McGregor should still be the Featherweight champion?

Imagine thinking of any of the above is okay.

Lineker and Sandhagen aren’t particularly special wins though. Cruz has wins like that too (McCall, Jourgensen)—plus his best wins are better than TJ’s best wins, and Cruz has a win over TJ himself (after being out for almost 3 years with injuries), and on top of that, TJ is a drug cheat. Cruz is clearly BW GOAT. No doubt about it.

It was a split decision.... lol neither guy proved to be better than the other if you're an impartial watcher. I, along with many others felt that TJ did enough to earn the victory that night but it really was a draw to me. If you're not impartial, you will believe what you want to suit your narrative.

Fight is the most clearcut of what a draw should look like in MMA that I have ever seen without point deductions.

Lol c’mon now don’t be disingenuous, Dom was outclassing TJ until he reaggravated a leg injury late in the third. It’s the only reason rounds 4 and 5 were close.

TJ swinging at air all night was embarrassing for him, and even more so considering Dom told him so prior to the fight.

<{cruzshake}>

TJ's best wins:
#2 Sandhagen
C/#1 Cody x2
#2 Lineker
#3 Assuncao
C/#1 Barao

Cruz's best wins:
C TJ
#2 Faber x2
Mighty Mouse
Benavidez x2

Yes Cruz beat TJ, that doesn't make Cruz above TJ, TJ has clearly beaten much better competition, most of the guys Cruz beat were not even Top 5 worthy like Scott Jorgenson, and fucking Mizugaki. People just don't wanna admit it because Dillashaw bad, Dillashaw bad EPO man.

If this is how we determine who is higher up on the divisional goat list then JDS is higher up than Cain.

Technically TJ defended his belt only three times (not in a row), when Cruz did it four times and lost it because of inactivity. And even though they both became two time champ, Cruz did it against TJ when he was supposed to be unbeatable (and maybe already on the juice). Cruz also beat the soon to be FLW GOAT when TJ got manhandled by Cejudo (at FLW but still).

Cruz GOAT easily imo.

Ironically enough, I thought TJ won his split decision losses against Assuncao and Cruz while thinking he lost his split decision win against Sandhagen.

See:

Cruz has three more top ten wins, one of which includes Dillashaw himself, and Dillashaw is a drug cheat.

/thread

And he accomplished this while taking 7 years off due to injury. The guy was robbed of his prime years.

Cruz best win: TJ
TJ worst loss: Cruz

The better TJ does from here on out, just makes Dom look better

Wut? His loss against Dodson and Cejudo are way worse than against Cruz. The fight with Cruz was pretty close.

So a guy who has never tested positive for anything is not the goat over a cheater.......
<DisgustingHHH>

TJ's best wins:
#2 Sandhagen
C/#1 Cody x2
#2 Lineker
#3 Assuncao
C/#1 Barao

Cruz's best wins:
C TJ
#2 Faber x2
Mighty Mouse
Benavidez x2

Yes Cruz beat TJ, that doesn't make Cruz above TJ, TJ has clearly beaten much better competition, most of the guys Cruz beat were not even Top 5 worthy like Scott Jorgenson, and fucking Mizugaki. People just don't wanna admit it because Dillashaw bad, Dillashaw bad EPO man.

Your own post shows that Cruz has more ranked wins than Dillashaw (even though you left some Cruz wins out). You seem to be pretending that beating Faber and Benavidez only counts once.

Can’t be Goat if your a drug cheat you nonce.

See:

Cruz has three more top ten wins, one of which includes Dillashaw himself, and Dillashaw is a drug cheat.

/thread
Im going to agree with this. The cherry on top of all of it for Cruz is the MM and TJ wins.

TJ is better by far. Cruz's best W, which is TJ himself is an arbitrary coin toss, without that coin toss, Cruz wouldn't even be in the top 5

Cruz's career IS TJ (and Urijah Faber lol)

TJ has wins over Lineker, Sandhagen, Barao, Cody. All dudes who would crush Cruz but cannot, because Cruz won't/can't fight.

Used to be a huge fan of Cruz even when lost to Uriah..

But tj is better..thought tj won

I wouldn't say easily, it's pretty close between them.

I'd personally say, even at 135lbs, MM is a better win than any of TJ's wins personally. I know he was a flyweight but then look at how TJ did against flyweights.

Also, Cruz beating TJ definitely helps his cause in this argument. Plus, and this is a big plus, Cruz has never been caught cheating.
Not in that phase of MM's career it isn't. That's before MM became a full time fighter.

Cruz has never been caught using PED's, he's beat TJ, has a record of 23-3, WEC/UFC Bantamweight champion, won the BW title again against TJ after never having lost it. His only losses were Faber (2007), Cody (2016) and the GOAT Cejudo (2020).

TJ's record, number of losses, quality of opponent in losses are all less impressive...except his opponent Cruz.

Tj used steroids to build that record, though. Cruz all the way.
When has TJ ever popped for steroids? I'm not saying he never used steroids, but it can't be claimed as a fact that he did unless there is proof.

TJ got busted for EPO. He should never be mentioned in any GOAT category.

Back