TJ had a crazy chin last night!

usernamee

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I feel like I've been watching him get dropped tons of times in the UFC over the years and here he comes in at 35 after suffering a KO/TKO loss and his chin is better than it has ever been before

What? No way. He barely even got touched. That other dude just ran all night. And when he did engage he just spun and turned his back to Tj and got brutalized along the fence and vicious ground and pound work.

I always felt TJ draining himself to death to make 125 was a disadvantage against an all-time talent like Cejudo. TJ took fucking bombs this fight against a bigger fighter

What? No way. He barely even got touched. That other dude just ran all night. And when he did engage he just spun and turned his back to Tj and got brutalized along the fence and vicious ground and pound work.
We did not watch the same fight

Reactions: Yep
Made me wonder how hard Cejudo hits after last night. Maybe 125 is just a horrible cut for TJ.

He´s got a solid chin and ATG recovery, but his heart is truly up there with the best we´ve ever seen. Hendo, Anderson, Bisping level of no-quit.

Shertards can learn a thing or two. They´re quitters in life itself let alone in a combat sports fight.

His chin is alright, his recovery is very good, his desire to win is what is truly incredible. People can criticize the dude if they want but he's a real fighter at heart.
This. Imo he is a fighter’s fighter for this reason. He eats adversity for breakfast, there is no quit in TJ. You gotta respect his heart and determination that has taken him so far in this sport.

Recovery amazing not his Chin... <LikeReally5>

This is a badass chin!

Par-copy_zps9dd6de2a.gif

He has insane recovery. Makes you wonder if the Triple C fight was stopped too early.
I can see that. Honestly though, I think TJ wouldn’t have had a shot as he looked like death. The cut was just too much IMO

It dosen't though. His chin clearly was not as strong at 125, hence him being repeatedly dropped within a minute. And that was with Epo benefits in his system.

How does EPO benefit punch resistance?

His chin and heart won him the fight. Even though I had Sandhaggen the winner I knew TJ would get the nod just because of how the previous fights went with the judging. Sandhaggen should've done more in the later rounds to try and secure a judges decision, he coasted and never pressed the action and that's what cost him the win. He thought he had it in the bag but if you go to judges, nothing is ever guaranteed especially if you let the fight get close in the championship rounds.

How does EPO benefit punch resistance?
It dosen't, but having strong cardio is pretty well known to assist with being able to recover from being hurt. EPO significantly improves cardio. Hence why it's pretty conclusive his chin is worse at 125. Not only was he dropped multiple times where he's shown more often than not to be very durable at 135, but even with epo assistance he still couldn't recover.

TJ made a fan of me yesterday. Never been a huge fan, then it was confirmed he was a PED user, but he is a true fighter through and through.

The way he fought through adversity, never gave up, never wilted, and never stopped trying to win was admirable, and very different to *some* fighters, who wilt at the first sign of adversity, or indeed, the first combo landed by Poirier :D

Even though technically his opponent landed more strikes and did more damage, I kind of felt the decision was justified based on the pure will to win and effort put in, as well as the clinch work and grappling control.

I would love to see Yan Vs TJ.

Back