TJ Grant?

dissolved

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Anyone have any RECENT updates?

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by a fighter dropping out of the game due to injury (concussion). The guy was on an unbelievable run and a fight away from a title bout. Unbelievable.

So, anyone have something legit? Are we going to see this beast fight again?

Yeah, he called me yesterday.
Told me to tell Sherdog to use google.

He was just on MMA roasted last week, and to be honest, I don't think he's going to return to compete in the sport.

To be clear - he didn't make a statement alluding to it, this is my conjecture. He's still not back to full training nearly a year later and is dealing with residual symptoms. When your brain gets so scrambled that you can't train even a year later, the idea of returning to MMA seems unlikely.

He was talking about having to figure out getting a job, and although he would like to return, he's not back to the gym doing contact stuff and there is no timetable.

He was just on MMA roasted last week, and to be honest, I don't think he's going to return to compete in the sport.

To be clear - he didn't make a statement alluding to it, this is my conjecture. He's still not back to full training nearly a year later and is dealing with residual symptoms. When your brain gets so scrambled that you can't train even a year later, the idea of returning to MMA seems unlikely.

He was talking about having to figure out getting a job, and although he would like to return, he's not back to the gym doing contact stuff and there is no timetable.

Agreed. Wouldn't be the first time a fighter has had to retire because of post-concussion syndrome.

totally agree with rjmbrd he didnt sound like he was coming back. He seemed kind of Broken. Such a shame

Agreed. Wouldn't be the first time a fighter has had to retire because of post-concussion syndrome.

It's the hurt business and goes with the territory, granted, but in TJ's case its particularly heart breaking because the dude clearly found the right gear at LW and was looking unstoppable.

The thing thats bananas is how many tin foil people around here claimed the UFC made up the injury so they could book a different title fight. Poor dude, basically called a shill and a liar on top of losing the opportunity of a lifetime.

War TJ.

Thats shitty news.

Was never fan of his but he seemed like a good guy.

Someone who is from the same town says the rumours there are that he is never fighting again. I think he had a good chance at Gold too.

...We had too many TJs anyway.

Ok, that's messed up, and I apologize. Hope he finds lucrative work.

I hope you're wrong . . . But to be honest, I don't think he would have not taken the title-bout shot had it not been serious. So disappointing.

Thats shitty news.

Was never fan of his but he seemed like a good guy.

I don't know how you couldn't be a fan . . . He ran through Wiman and then Maynard like butter. He hadn't lost at LW, and to legit names like Dunham, Prater and Roller prior. The dude was/is awesome.

I don't know how you couldn't be a fan . . . He ran through Wiman and then Maynard like butter. He hadn't lost at LW, and to legit names like Dunham, Prater and Roller prior. The dude was/is awesome.

I didn't dislike him or anything, he was just never "one of my guys".

Wiman has been in the UFC for a very long time and I've been a fan of his for awhile. Nobody treated him like TJ. That fight was mind blowing.

Back