TJ Grant would have beaten Khabib?

Poor TJ Grant either way.

Dude was just about to fight for the title then last I heard he was working in a mine.

TJ Grant is one of the biggest what is in MMA history. Guy would have had a really good fight with Bendo back in the day

Khabib loses all matchps that didnt happen and current grandpas like Penn and Bendo also beat him when they were in their prime. Its just that the lowly top p4p fighters that he fought cannot beat him.

Khabib loses all matchps that didnt happen and current grandpas like Penn and Bendo also beat him when they weren their prime. Its just that the lowly top p4p fighters that he fought cannot beat him.
Yesss!!!! This is the one lol

It's an absolute Sherdog Fact that Khabib is the GOAT. No one is even close.

Also a Sherdog Fact that just about anyone can beat him. He loses badly to 30-70% of the division past and present.

Whats the cliffs on these two dudes?
They both retired due to concussion issues. Grant was booked to fight Bendo for the title (and had a solid chance to win it IMO), but was injured and pulled out, then had issues being medically cleared due to a concussion in training that forced him out of a title shot against Pettis (who replaced him and beat Bendo), and it eventually led to his retirement.

Holdsworth was seen as the potential future of the BW division, but he caught a knee to the dome from Dillashaw in training that concussed him and continuing issues from it cut his career short. He doesn't really condemn TJ for it like other TAM guys, but he did say that it was just one of the many instances of him being a big try-hard in the gym who goes too hard and basically tries to hurt people in sparring.

Sad way for Grant’s career to end but his skill set has gotten better and better each year since he last fought. I think he would have lost to Bendo, probably Khabib too

They both retired due to concussion issues. Grant was booked to fight Bendo for the title (and had a solid chance to win it IMO), but was injured and pulled out, then had issues being medically cleared due to a concussion in training that forced him out of a title shot against Pettis (who replaced him and beat Bendo), and it eventually led to his retirement.

Holdsworth was seen as the potential future of the BW division, but he caught a knee to the dome from Dillashaw in training that concussed him and continuing issues from it cut his career short. He doesn't really condemn TJ for it like other TAM guys, but he did say that it was just one of the many instances of him being a big try-hard in the gym who goes too hard and basically tries to hurt people in sparring.
Grant had a good story too, since he had been written off as a journeyman before going on that win streak.

Another promising guy who had concussion issues was Jeff Joslin. Before getting into the UFC he was 5-1, including a win over Jon Fitch (his record shows the Fitch fight as a loss, but anyone who saw that fight knows what really happened). Then he got into the UFC, and Koscheck put on a 15 minute double-leg clinic. So he ended up going 0-1 in the UFC, and then never fighting again because of concussion issues.

Grant had a good story too, since he had been written off as a journeyman before going on that win streak.

Another promising guy who had concussion issues was Jeff Joslin. Before getting into the UFC he was 5-1, including a win over Jon Fitch (his record shows the Fitch fight as a loss, but anyone who saw that fight knows what really happened). Then he got into the UFC, and Koscheck put on a 15 minute double-leg clinic. So he ended up going 0-1 in the UFC, and then never fighting again because of concussion issues.
Grant was one of the earliest examples of a fighter that had middling success and everything completely turned around for him when he dropped down to a lower division. At 170 he was pretty so-so, probably because he was fighting bigger guys and his style is pretty physical, but once he went down to 155 his skills translated much, much better. And it made sense for him because he was a small WW that went down to fight guys that were around his size; not like so many fighters today who drain themselves for a size and strength advantage.

I vaguely remember Joslin's loss to Koscheck and hearing that he was horribly robbed against Fitch, but I wasn't familiar with him other than that. Always unfortunate to see issues like that cut a promising career short, because from the looks of it he had solid grapping and was knocking out everyone he beat. I noticed he has a TED Talk where he talks about it, gotta check that out. Good example!

Tj was a monster and would of slept khabib but too bad he got hurt

Back