TJ Dillashaw will be champ again

I hope it all lines up. I am looking forward to this matchup. It is very hard to pick against Yan right now. I dont think I have seen a weakness in his abilities yet.
He gets hit a shitload. That's a pretty clear weakness.

I don't hate TJ's chances against anyone in the division, though I thought Cory beat him, and time is not on his side. Still, he has the tools to trouble anyone in the division. I wouldn't be shocked if he got the belt back.

Dillashaw is old and had a long layoff, he went tooth and nail with Sandhagen and inclined to believe his wrestling strategy is a poor idea vs Yan. I feel like Dillashaw is quicker, has way better setup's and way better defense and headwork and footwork. That said, Yan's like 27, has huge power and is rising to his prime. Dillashaw is chinny, hold and lost years, I dont think Dillashaw wins but I think he can give Yan trouble.
Yan isn't Cory, though. He's not six feet tall with long limbs, a kickboxing world title and a general striking savant. TJ won't have to fight him the way he had to fight Cory.

Let's slow down......and I'm a tj supporter.
If Yan wasnt around - flip side of the coin, Dilly has been able to stay ahead of the mma curve which has regressed over past 3 years or so. Tj not an old man , neither .I'm so interested in the continuation of Tj Dillashaw.
All the circumstances tj was facing going into main event as a + 180 underdog, I was impressed.

I don’t think so unless he faces Aljo for the title

Yan is very durable and really tough, tough match for anyone

with that said, TJ is capable

you don't think Dillashaw passed the durability test Saturday night?

I'm disappointed at his performance. He looked past his prime to me.

I think we are already forgetting TJ hurt a knee early in the fight. If that didn’t happen, I believe he stops Sandhagen

Cory Sandhagen was stylistically the hardest match-up for TJ in the 135 lb division and he got past him with ring rust and a bunch of injuries. Aljo vs Yan is up next, If Aljo wins TJ will piece him up on the feet and completely nullify his wrestling. If Yan wins It'll be a harder fight especially down the stretch but I think Dillashaw's footwork and unorthodox angles could win him the early rounds while Yan is still trying to figure him out. Mark my words.

Y6zp1gh7C8j4_yTBXp8nUMDOI_1440x.980.jpg
Lol

Yan isn't Cory, though. He's not six feet tall with long limbs, a kickboxing world title and a general striking savant. TJ won't have to fight him the way he had to fight Cory.

Calling someone with no kickboxing record that competed for WKA a Kickboxing champion? Jesus Christ man....

Yan is way more well rounded that Cory and is far more battle tested going 5 rounds. Ontop of that he has huge power and great pressure, it's going to be a different kind of fight. Dillashaw is quicker and throws straighter, he's got some of the best headkick setups in MMA and he was showing a willingness to chop at the legs to immobilize Cory. I just cant back a chinny 35-36 year old vs Yan, however typically what has given Dillashaw trouble in the past is speed (Cejudo and Dodson) (I felt he beat Cruz and Assuncao)

Yeah I can see it. Yan is incredibly overrated. Cejudo beats both though.

Calling someone with no kickboxing record that competed for WKA a Kickboxing champion? Jesus Christ man....

Yan is way more well rounded that Cory and is far more battle tested going 5 rounds. Ontop of that he has huge power and great pressure, it's going to be a different kind of fight. Dillashaw is quicker and throws straighter, he's got some of the best headkick setups in MMA and he was showing a willingness to chop at the legs to immobilize Cory. I just cant back a chinny 35-36 year old vs Yan, however typically what has given Dillashaw trouble in the past is speed (Cejudo and Dodson) (I felt he beat Cruz and Assuncao)
More battle tested? Cory's five rounds against TJ > anything Yan has ever done. It's not a matter of who's more well rounded, it's a matter of who wins the battles where they take place. Yan's sweet spot is on the feet in punching range, and he'll get chewed up there against Cory.

Also, no kickboxing record?

TJ looked better than I thought he would after two years away, but it seems it did him and his chin well.

Cory looked good too. I’m not sure what fight all the haters watched but I saw a hard fought close battle that I had 3-2 TJ but could have easily/fairly been a couple other scores (4-1, 2-3).

That said, I don’t see TJ easily snatching that belt. Aljo and Yan should settle their little mishap and if TJ is in line he may or may not bear either guy. I am 50/50 on him and Aljo and maybe 40/60 him and Yan.

The top of BW is very talented and well matched right now.

Not out of the realm of possibility, but doubtful.

Font and Yan are both tough fights for him.

Back