TJ Dillashaw will be champ again

Yan vs TJ is such a fire matchup. I only wish TJ was a couple of years younger. I have a feeling TJ gets dropped. He had problems with good boxers like Dom, Cody and Sand (who's more of a kickboxer). Yan has more power than Dom, better defense than Cody, and better checks and TDD than Sand.

TJ's pace and speed could give Yan problems but Yan has more advantaged in this matchup.

TJ really impressed me in the fight, and I was hoping and expecting him to lose.. I can't believe how good his reflexes are. I always thought it was a mistake to turn your back on an opponent doing all that flashy spinning stuff, but to my dismay no one ever capitalized on it. The second Sandhagen attempted a spinning technique, he would instantly take his back. Was absolutely beautiful and he did it with an injured knee to boot. He also looked extremely quick. To pull off all that against Sandhagen with all those cuts and injuries with a 2 year lay off is a very auspicious start to him taking back the title.

I think we all need to look at the injury shopping list for Tj and how long each one is going to take to be healed or corrected. Now if we are talking MCL surgery, we are talking another plot of time to be out for the foreseeable future and maybe forever. Epic performance however tonight!
That's true hopefully that doesn't impede on his title shot but even if it does I like how he's down to face contenders too. Said he just wants to be active.

I'd favor current TJ over Aljo but not Yan, Yan no doubt would've won last night.

Yan compared to Sandhagen:
- better killer instinct
- better grappling
- slightly better cardio
- vicious strikes off the clinch
- better fight IQ

No doubt in my mind Yan either stops him late or wins a comfortable decision.

I think Yan blasts through TJ. I think Aljo submits TJ. I think Cory was never going to beat Aljo in a rematch and I never saw him beating Yan. I think Yan is probably the best BW then aljo is a distant two..then there's a gap between aljo and the next guy. I think aljo can win against Yan but he has to be a composed fighter. He can't spam takedown attempts and think he's khabib. He thinks he can, if he does that, I think he's getting knocked the fuck out. But what I'm saying is, I don't think Yan is unbeatable . I know he's been beaten once(by the guy in my avatar) but I just don't think he's as good as people think he is. He's good to win, but people acting like he's going to hold the belt for 10 years, rack up all these title defenses and be a super goat of that division. I don't see that. I see a really top bw with 2 or 3 defenses.
I don't think Aljo as the gas to hang with TJ for 5 because I don't think he's subbing TJ.

Yan is a different story though.

TJ won 4 rounds. You dont automatically win rounds 3-4-5 because of a cut you caused in round 2 you actually need to win them.

I did feel the commentary was overplaying the jabs Corey was landing after that because they thought it might make the cut worse when really TJ was landing big punchs more, a lot missed of course but a lot landed as well.

Honestly I did think Sandhagen was the guy the UFC wanted to win and the commentary leaned in his direction as a result as it typically does.

Yan vs TJ is such a fire matchup. I only wish TJ was a couple of years younger. I have a feeling TJ gets dropped. He had problems with good boxers like Dom, Cody and Sand (who's more of a kickboxer). Yan has more power than Dom, better defense than Cody, and better checks and TDD than Sand.

TJ's pace and speed could give Yan problems but Yan has more advantaged in this matchup.

I wouldnt say he really looked much slower in this fight, I think it was Sandhagens reach causing him problems that made him less mobile than normal.

I wouldnt say he really looked much slower in this fight, I think it was Sandhagens reach causing him problems that made him less mobile than normal.
Agreed. Also whatever happened to his knee probably took away from his explosiveness. TJ is still in great shape

if you win 3 rounds,and the other guy only wins two,you win. Just try to tell me how in gods name TJ won round 5. It was 2 - 2 going into the 5th and there is no way TJ won round 5.

You should bring this vitally important research to the state athletic commission.

Reactions: HHJ
tenor.gif

Here we go again. Everyone will beat Yan until they are in there with him.

Agreed. Also whatever happened to his knee probably took away from his explosiveness. TJ is still in great shape

I wouldnt say he's a really high milage fighter either, the Barao fights were one sided maulings, the Cruz fight more technical and the COdy fights not that long either.

Really he was even lucky when his ban happened, plenty of other fighters have had a break not much shorter than that due to covid.

Plus of course if his record holds true he will win 3 more fights then lose again. ;)

I think Yan blasts through TJ. I think Aljo submits TJ. I think Cory was never going to beat Aljo in a rematch and I never saw him beating Yan. I think Yan is probably the best BW then aljo is a distant two..then there's a gap between aljo and the next guy. I think aljo can win against Yan but he has to be a composed fighter. He can't spam takedown attempts and think he's khabib. He thinks he can, if he does that, I think he's getting knocked the fuck out. But what I'm saying is, I don't think Yan is unbeatable . I know he's been beaten once(by the guy in my avatar) but I just don't think he's as good as people think he is. He's good to win, but people acting like he's going to hold the belt for 10 years, rack up all these title defenses and be a super goat of that division. I don't see that. I see a really top bw with 2 or 3 defenses.

I think Cory gave rounds to TJ by those spinning moves and taking his back on the ground. In a rematch, I think he can beat TJ.

If Sterling somehow beats Yan, sure.

Against Yan no way. His wild striking is not going to work against the straighter striker Yan.

I hope it all lines up. I am looking forward to this matchup. It is very hard to pick against Yan right now. I dont think I have seen a weakness in his abilities yet.

Obviously his brain is a weakness, and fight IQ.

Yan will give him trouble.

I want Triple C to come back, whoop TJ, then retire again.

That be epic and a big fuck you to TJ for cheating, haha.
Would be amazing to see CCC come back and beat Dillashaw then lose in spectacular fashion to Yan

Back