News TJ Dillashaw Wants Immediate Title Shot, Gurantees He'll be Champ Again

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
"I want that title fight right away," Dillashaw told ESPN. "You've got a guy in Petr Yan who beat someone for the belt that is 0-2 in the division. Jose Aldo has two losses [at 135 pounds]; you beat him for the title and you're calling yourself a champion? That belt has changed hands every fight. No one there has dominated. That's my belt, and I want to come back to a title fight."

Although Dillashaw is free to come off suspension on Jan. 18, he said he would like to enjoy the holidays with his young son and fight sometime around March, preferably against the winner between Yan and Sterling.

"[Sandhagen] wants to fight me because he knows that's his way to the title. The title shot is mine, and he wants to fight me because he wants to fight for the title. If I have to fight someone else, it better be in the top 5."

Dillashaw said he isn't expecting a warm reception from fans, after admitting he knowingly took the banned substance in 2019. Dillashaw was dropping to 125 pounds for the first time in his career for that fight, and he said he took EPO as a desperate measure when his body started to give out while cutting the weight during camp.

"I'll be a three-time bantamweight champion," Dillashaw said. "That's a guarantee, and it's going to happen sooner than people think."

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...mpion-tj-dillashaw-hopes-immediate-title-shot

Could definitely see it happening as TJ is a big name and former champ. Aldo got a title shot without ever winning a BW fight and Cruz despite not having a win in 4 years.

Last edited:
Without the roids he's an average fighter.

BAHAHHAHA fuck you you dumb snake. Take the Sandhagen fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back