TJ Dillashaw Style Comparison to Lomachenko/Pacquiao

RAFI BOMB

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
For those that have watched and analyzed TJ Dilliashaw's fight do you see a style and technique comparison to Vasyl Lomachenko and/or Manny Pacquiao?
Here are some breakdowns of Lomachenko and Pacquiao for analysis purposes:

Last edited:
I do think TJ was at a training camp with Lomachenko not too long ago. Pretty sure I recall some footage of them sparring together and TJ posting a photo of him incorporating one of Loma’s mental/mind training techniques where he does some puzzle stuff.

He's using similar angles and feinghts, not quite the head movement and hand traps that Loma uses so effectively. A lot of the hand traps think are much easier to implement with big gloves. Also Tj fights a little recklessly imo, at least over the weekend

I do think TJ was at a training camp with Lomachenko not too long ago. Pretty sure I recall some footage of them sparring together and TJ posting a photo of him incorporating one of Loma’s mental/mind training techniques where he does some puzzle stuff.

You can tell who is who with or without the sparring equipment. Lomachenko is a pro 100% but he had no bad intentions I’m sure Tj learned a lot

Manny was just a nightmare would like to see some footage to confirm his footwork (similar to lomachenko)

They're similar in that they both feint a lot, change levels and look to turn their opponent - but where they differ is that Lomachenko has a more effective use of baiting and is more effective in combination. The addition of kicks adds a lot, Dillashaw from the outside doesn't have the same outfighting game that makes Lomachenko impressive, but he doesn't need it because he has his kicks from long range.

They're both good at mixing their punches with their wrestling, Lomachenko frequently snaps down and out grapples his opponents in the clinch (from the tape I've seen of him wrestling he seems to actually have a decent degree of experience in it). They're similar in quite a few ways in regards to their approach, although I don't think they look all that similar.

He's using similar angles and feinghts, not quite the head movement and hand traps that Loma uses so effectively. A lot of the hand traps think are much easier to implement with big gloves. Also Tj fights a little recklessly imo, at least over the weekend
You can hold a guys hand with mma gloves

You can hold a guys hand with mma gloves

Not saying you can't put it's a smaller handle and won't have nearly the effect of off balancing and misdirecting as with a big gloves. It's much easier to keep someone from doing it to you while in small gloves

Not saying you can't put it's a smaller handle and won't have nearly the effect of off balancing and misdirecting as with a big gloves. It's much easier to keep someone from doing it to you while in small gloves
Not really.

You have more control with a small gloves.

It's a bare knuckle technique.

You can tell who is who with or without the sparring equipment. Lomachenko is a pro 100% but he had no bad intentions I’m sure Tj learned a lot

TJ was swinging kinda hard, Im surprised Loma didnt pop him once or twice.

Loma has a tendency to walk back into firing range of the right hand, been knocked down like twice because of it.

Hahaha we’re comparing TJ to Loma now?
Loma’s barely working and TJ’s trying to take his head off.
TJ’s a good MMA striker but come on really?

Hahaha we’re comparing TJ to Loma now?
Loma’s barely working and TJ’s trying to take his head off.
TJ’s a good MMA striker but come on really?

Not comparing them in the way you think. I was just noting that TJ tries to use some similar techniques and strategies to Loma. It was more of TJ trying to be like Loma.

Back