TJ Dillashaw is the future BW champion and #1 p4p fighter

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I can see no flaws in his game right now besides his physical attributes. He is the best wrestler in the division right now and has just outstruck two very good guys who were on a 5+ winning streak. I think he is very capable of beating Cody utilizing his kicks and precisely timed takedowns

I like dilly, but I don't know who at BW can beat the Cody that we saw on Friday

Last edited:
I see a paper/rock/scissor thing here going on with the belt. I can def see TJ taking it from Cody, and then Dom taking it back from TJ again

I can see no flaws in his game right now besides his physical attributes. He is the best wrestler in the division right now and has just outstruck two very good guys who were on a 5+ winning streak. I think he is very capable of beating Cody utilizing his kicks and precisely timed takedowns
I always thought he is a near-perfect fighter. The only thing he seems to lack a bit is finishing power. But maybe that's just my impression.

The thing I like most about him is his incredible speed. What he did to Lineker was lightning fast.

TJ has better power than Dom and Dom landed alot but it had no effect. TJ will land and can KO Cody. Anything can happen in the ring with KO power. I still can't believe Dom didn't go out with those shots Cody landed.

No Lineker is just not good on the ground and that make TJ look so dangerous he is an easy snake for Cody

One great thing about the BW results on Friday night is that we now have a much more interesting division than existed before.

I also think it depends on just how much Cody was sandbagging in all his previous fights. Not even Dom, who is just objectively one of the smartest people in the fight game, saw Cody being capable of what he did. He clearly did not display all his skills in his previous fights. So the question remains - did we see everything in the Cruz fight, or is there still more to be revealed ?

I do think based on what we've seen so far that TJ def can beat him, but like I said - I don't know if we've seen everything from Cody yet. If Cody beats TJ decisively I just don't see who else is any threat at BW.

Of course, even if that happens, I would not count out Dom or TJ in a rematch. Both are very, VERY game fighters and they will come back with a better gameplan.

One thing I want to mention is that Dom took the loss like a man. I only saw a part of his post-fight presser, but he appeared to be super fair and brutally honest.

One great thing about the BW results on Friday night is that we now have a much more interesting division than existed before.
I never saw it that way. A good thought.

I have not been more excited about an upcoming fight as I am for TJ/Cody and then Dom fighting the winner. Those 3 fighters are unbelievable.

He does have nice takedowns but hes also 5'2 so who cares

You are blind and have no knowledge.
His Jab isn't good, his footwork is flawed.
He isn't the best wrestler by far. Cruz took him down 4 times and TJ only once.
Garbrandt took Cruz down and Cruz has 0 takedowns on him.

Garbrandt schools him

I also think it depends on just how much Cody was sandbagging in all his previous fights. Not even Dom, who is just objectively one of the smartest people in the fight game, saw Cody being capable of what he did. He clearly did not display all his skills in his previous fights. So the question remains - did we see everything in the Cruz fight, or is there still more to be revealed ?

I do think based on what we've seen so far that TJ def can beat him, but like I said - I don't know if we've seen everything from Cody yet. If Cody beats TJ decisively I just don't see who else is any threat at BW.

Of course, even if that happens, I would not count out Dom or TJ in a rematch. Both are very, VERY game fighters and they will come back with a better gameplan.

It's not about sandbagging, Cody is a young fighter who's evolving every fight and seeing Dom fight since he was a teenager, he knew the gameplan was to have good footwork and not fall for the mindgames of Dom. Also having massive KO power changes everything once you land a big one

doesn't have the physical attributes or good enough boxing to beat Cody

It's not about sandbagging, Cody is a young fighter who's evolving every fight and seeing Dom fight since he was a teenager, he knew the gameplan was to have good footwork and not fall for the mindgames of Dom. Also having massive KO power changes everything once you land a big one

That was Dom's 7th fight against someone from TAM. Let's not pretend like they're that dumb that it took them 6 fights to figure out a gameplan.

Back