TJ Dillashaw is still up there with the true greats of MMA

TheBulge

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The amount of skill in this little man is phenomenal, easily top 3 most well rounded MMA fighters of all time. Even now at an older age, past his prime fighting through injuries mid fight, he still schools these young punks.

Listening to shertards hype up this new guy Sandhagen the past few years was funny while I knew he wouldn't beat this version of TJ let alone be competitive against prime TJ. There is absolutely nothing special about Sandhagen, the statement "He doesn't have the x-factor" is correct.

Let this be the same old lesson to low IQ shertards: just because you WANT a guy to be beaten by another doesn't mean it will happen. Your emotional feelings about TJ are not a good way to gauge matchups. He won't go away just because his existence won't let you sleep at night. He will need to be beaten on merit, shertards.

BW GOAT imo and was before last night but last night cemented it further.

Not sure where I'd have him all time but I believe i could put him in the top 20.

100% agree. TJ gets crucified on these boards. Unfortunately negativity here is spotlighted more than positive aspects of the art and skill displayed by the fighters for our viewing pleasure. Many sherdoggers take this “hater” culture too far too often. He got popped well guess what your favorite fighters have cheated as well, it’s the reality of the sport. At the highest level there is no such thing as a 100% clean fighter, it may be as small as some fence grabs/eye pokes, maybe some fortuitous glove grabs or just performing geared up (which most do). I personally put more emphasis on skill, hard work, heart, cage IQ those things can’t be obtained intravenously. Give respect to those that bleed for our entertainment.

TJ looked great tonight especially considering a 2 year layoff (he did the crime he did the time get over it). He was my pre fight pick because he is tried and true. He is also an incredibly hard worker and Uber talented, show some love sherbros.

For all the hate he gets, super talented fighter and a hell of a competitor. I'll always like watching his fights. Dude brings it.

The question is how can he not be when you take into account he arguably beat Cruz and has a far better resume?
He didn’t beat Cruz, don’t be delusional. Cruz styled on him, Tj was hitting at the air. Not even the best gear helped him, he might be talented but he cheated all this time and destroyed 2
careers ( Barao and Cody) while on steroids. He deserved a lifetime ban like Coke Jones.

Impossible to tell from one fight. The rest no longer count.

The amount of skill in this little man is phenomenal, easily top 3 most well rounded MMA fighters of all time. Even now at an older age, past his prime fighting through injuries mid fight, he still schools these young punks.

Listening to shertards hype up this new guy Sandhagen the past few years was funny while I knew he wouldn't beat this version of TJ let alone be competitive against prime TJ. There is absolutely nothing special about Sandhagen, the statement "He doesn't have the x-factor" is correct.

Let this be the same old lesson to low IQ shertards: just because you WANT a guy to be beaten by another doesn't mean it will happen. Your emotional feelings about TJ are not a good way to gauge matchups. He won't go away just because his existence won't let you sleep at night. He will need to be beaten on merit, shertards.

It is strange that you make this post after what was arguably his worst performance in the octagon to date (besides Dodson). He has lost his elusiveness. And the game has caught up to his footwork. MMA moves quickly. I would not put a guy who went life and death with Cory Sandhagen as one of the most well rounded MMA fighters of all time.

TJ Cheater who “owned up to it” only when he didn’t have any other choice
Cruz baby yeah!
There’s a guy to emulate

He didn’t beat Cruz, don’t be delusional. Cruz styled on him, Tj was hitting at the air. Not even the best gear helped him, he might be talented but he cheated all this time and destroyed 2
careers ( Barao and Cody) while on steroids. He deserved a lifetime ban like Coke Jones.
The funny thing is, he had a better fight against Cruz than he did against Sandhagen. MMA is weird.

He's got to get back to the basics. Him shirtless hitting pads with that Asian dude in nuthugger spandex shorts on the baggage carousel.

Say what you like about TJ, but the guy started out as an NCAA wrestling standout, but he has evolved into one of the most well rounded and technical strikers in recent memory, not to mention one of the fiercest competitors to ever grace the Octagon. He began his UFC run on his 5th profession MMA fight, 7 fights later he was fighting for the title. His resume is the polar opposite of guys like Islam, over half of his 22 fights are against top 10 opponents and he’s fought for titles 7 times, going (5-1 at BW), (0-1at FLW). TJ always puts on exciting performances, has never taken the easy fights, has never cherrypicked, and was always active as the Champion. He is absolutely, unequivocally one of the BW GOAT’s, his sole Championship loss @135 was a split decision to Cruz, another BW great... regardless of the loss, TJ’s resume is stronger than Doms, especially considering that most of Cruz’s good wins are guys who actually ended up fighting at FLW. That’s my .02 anyway
<Fedor23>

You've allowed personal bias and TJ's positive EPO test to affect your judgement of Dillashaw vs Cruz. I point this out even though I agree that the EPO test prevents Dillasnake from being in the GOAT talks.

Forget about most well rounded of all time. Yan is a more well rounded fighter in current times, in his own division. He eats Dillishaw alive if that fight ever happens

Back