TJ Dillashaw is done as a MMA fighter? He's 33, lost to a 125 lbs guy, and won't get any better.

Not done but prime years gone, on top of that, off the juice could be hard on him.

COWARDLY always trying to duck his own division to move DOWN.

I have no comparisons...

All kinds of champions looking for money fights. But that’s not even what this was. Didn’t have the balls to move up trying to get a second belt. But this arrogant cheating coward bragged about how he was going to get rid of the FLW division by beating the champion. What kind of man wants many many other fighters to lose their UFC gig? Who brags about it...Acting the ultimate bully all the while knowing he’s juiced to the TITS?

Fuck this snake, and there is no redemption from all he’s said and done. If he wants absolution he needs to talk to a priest. He’ll get none from me.

source.gif

i agree, but moving up to 145lb to fight Max would've been suicide.

He's too competitive to quit training or to pursue the goals he has now. In 2 years he'll be back in killer shape and do well, likely at BW, but it won't be for long since 35+ at lighter weights means loss of speed and reflexes, and he's a speed-based volume striker. He'll come back, do well, then gets KO'd a bunch, methinks. It'll be damn hard to force him to retire. Just too much hunger.

Agreed. He loses to the 125 pound champ by KO, then gets caught taking the worst of the worst EPO and has to sit out 2 years. Nobody will think of his victories over Cody as legit anymore either so I'd agree he is done. If he can come back, regain his title and prove to be a legit champion it would be one of the biggest comebacks of all time.

Somebody that is as well known as TJ, they would pick up without any questions, drug cheat or not. They'd simply state that he's clean because he passed their welfare tests.

ONE cares too much about their (fake) good image, for them to sign TJ.

Even though Cody is insufferable , TJ always had something weird about his vibe that makes you not want to be his fan.

The house just fell on TJ. Time will tell if anyone else was under there with him. Not at all happy about the vindication this gives team Alpha fail. It's two years, which ordinarily is long but given Dom's long layoffs he could theoretically come back. Not as champion of course but he'd still have an exciting, perhaps slower but still dynamic style. Maybe a fight with Cody off the just bleed juice? My opinion of TJ has changed unfortunately. It's one thing to be a Barry bonds or Maguire and not say shit about shit, but when you pimp your garage training program and other garbage as if you are some sort of fight shaman it's much harder to have sympathy for you when you get caught cheating. I will say this for slithershaw, at least he went big.

Since the Japanese ARE "tiny guys", that's to be expected right?

Some of them are.
So is it to be expected that all the fat slobs in the U.S. with their guts hanging over their belts love heavyweight fights?

I believe TJ is done as a fighter. Crazy if you consider how good he seem to be before the Cejudo fight. He was among the top on the P4P ránkings, a really well rounded fighter. But, at 33, with a 2 year ban, with not the motivation to train for un upcoming fight, with a stained career, with the knowledge that he would never be as good as he is today, IMO, he's almost a retire fighter.

Can't remember a career changing fight like TJ's last one. A big loss to a small underdog, and a 2 year ban. Damm, even his sponsors would say good bye to him. And he had a "training system" business who seem kindda pointless right now.

Was a fan of TJ. No more. EPO is no joke on a sport were you are looking to knock out people.

The loss to Cejudo in and of it self would be no big deal. TJ damn near killed himself to cut the weight and Cejudo just beat Mighty Mouse, a guy that no one thought could lose (And had already beaten Cejudo).

The drug test failure was a big hit though. 2 years is a lifetime in combat sports, especially in the lighter weight classes. Uriah Faber retired at 36 as did Michael Thomas Brown.

The lighter guys lose their speed and they are pretty much done.

Some of them are.
So is it to be expected that all the fat slobs in the U.S. with their guts hanging over their belts love heavyweight fights?

I think that the majority of Japanese are small, And I worked around them for years!
Most of them smoke too.
That's just my experience tho.
But mostly in the USA, it just means that there are "fat slobs in the U.S. with their guts hanging over their belts".
After all, Two of every three American men are considered to be overweight or obese, but the rates for women are far higher. The United States contains one of the highest percentage of obese people in the world. (From WickedPedia).
;)

Back