TJ Dillashaw finishes Bar

It was a bigger upset when Johny Hendricks beat GSP.

I will say yes. I thought TJ didn't have anything for Barao and I wasn't actually exited for this fight. Boy was I Wrong!

I have Brooks over Chandler as a close second though.

This might be the biggest upset in MMA history.

The only upsets I can feel are comparable were Serra/GSP and Fedor/Werdum. Honestly, the fact that Barao, one of the deadliest strikers in MMA history, got destroyed the way he was on the feet, was just unbelievable. I saw it, I replayed it, and I saw it again, and I still don't believe what I saw.

The thing with those 2 situations is that:
-GSP was still young and not really at the "one of the best of all-time" level yet.
-Fedor was old and clearly ducking Overeem.

Barao is in his prime. He just destroyed Faber in a way Faber hasn't been destroyed in forever.

A way not even Aldo could do.

That's incredible.

Almost none of us saw this coming. Certainly I didn't. And for that, I think I consider this the greatest MMA upset in history, or at least the biggest upset in UFC history.

The only upset that could be bigger than this off the top of my head is if say Patrick Cummins beat Cain Velasquez.

I could say that Werdum subbing Fedor was a bigger upset in my eyes

That is the one I was waiting for. My opinion of Fedor does not match most of Sherdog's opinion. Pretty much any time he fought a quality opponent he had a war and almost lost. I can't think of any "good" opponent he fought and dominated.

Then there is the fact the Fedor and GSP losses were not 5 round dominations where they got completely annihilated every minute of the fight.

It was a bigger upset when Johny Hendricks beat GSP.

Many Sherdoggers thought he would. So when Hendricks was considered a tough fight and many thought Hendricks would win, how is that a bigger upset? Nevermind the fact 1, 4, 5.

yes. cant think of any better upset as of the moment

he was a ridiculous betting underdog - its more than upset of the year, its one of the biggest upsets of all time for title fights
True. It's like GSP-Serra 1 in respect to betting odds, and Franklin-Silva 1 or Fedor-Nogueria 1 in respect to a reality check. Incredible.

True. It's like GSP-Serra 1 in respect to betting odds, and Franklin-Silva 1 or Fedor-Nogueria 1 in respect to a reality check. Incredible.

yep although as much as they tried to hype up barao, he was making peanuts bc no one really was that interested in seeing him fight anyway - maybe if he ran his mouth more or had a platform like TUF - its not like we value skills that much

Wait until you guys see WERDUM put cain to sleep

You're fucking nuts if you think that would be a bigger upset.

Cain is nowhere near as dominant in his division as Barao was supposed to be, and Werdum is significantly more respected than TJ before last night.

I think Werdum will close as a +300 dog, which is not that much of an upset, really.

Yes I love TJ Dilly he's so awesome.
This is this years worst upset. Last year was Silva weidman

He didn't just beat him, he annihilated Barao.

If this was DBZ, he fucking went Super Saiyan. One of the biggest upsets in the history of the sport

Yeah, he looks pretty upset to me! Bwa ha ha ha ha!

493687787.jpg

is it weird that i think he looks less like nosferatu in this pic?

Upset of the year, for sure. Upset of all time? Nah. I think schembri vs saku takes that one. Then its Fedor losing to werdum, cro cop getting crocop-ed and then dillashaw's dismantling of barrao.

For sure so far. Not only that he won, but that he completely outclassed a top P4P guy across five entire rounds and decisively finished him in a way that not many thought he could.

What were the odds on TJ winning by 5th round stoppage specifically?
No doubt they would have been astronomical??

I wonder if it was one of those odds where a small bet would have made the person betting a rich man haha

Back