Media TJ Dillashaw Disgracefully Cheap Shotting Takeru Segawa During Sparring

Pretty sure Takeru said he didn't mind it(and actually kinda enjoyed it). Dude likes going hard in sparring.

Not an accident or friendly smack, Its not like TJ isnt known for this type of stuff

Man you guys are giant vaginas to be outraged by this.

how could you be a fan of a sport like this. It’s fighting. Things get heated. Just like any other sports.

it’s like the fan base has never competed in anything and have no idea what battling and competition is.
No, it's you who have never trained nor competed. At any gym if you do this shit, you would get punished by coach. I also remember from my childhood when our club went to see an international boxing and a Cuban fighter hit his German opponent after the bell. He went to his corner and as soon as he sat down, his coach smacked him very hard, left right combo. Great coach

No, it's you who have never trained nor competed. At any gym if you do this shit, you would get punished by coach. I also remember from my childhood when our club went to see an international boxing and a Cuban fighter hit his German opponent after the bell. He went to his corner and as soon as he sat down, his coach smacked him very hard, left right combo. Great coach

Ive trained at multiple gyms for more than 10 years from traditional MA to MMA and i can garuantee you youd get kicked out of every single one of them for pulling this shit.

Edit: actually if it was your first time youd get a stern warning and good talking to but after mutliple incidents (like allegedly with TJ) they would kick you out and it wouldnt be done on good terms.

Takeru way too nice and timid. Can't let somebody do that to you.. in your own freaking gym smh.

And Dillashaw a POS. Hopefully Sandhagen KO's him cold

Takeru went to train with TJ in Denver with Ludwig. And Takeru is a killer K1 world champ there's footage of him KOing sparring partners in training Rogan showed one episode with schaub

Hopefully he will have a life altering moment with someone that responds to such behavior with a IQ shattering Mississippi smokehouse punch.

Japanese people are super passive, how do you not get mad and make a big deal about something like that?

Reactions: kuf
Amateur boxer here. If you cheap shot someone in sparring you are a fucking bitch. 0 debate about it.

Yeah me too I’m the late 80s and 90s. I’ve had actual fist fights with friends. In and out of the gym. And all was good.

I think that clip was from a while ago. The punch was after the bell, but it almost looked like a friendly "fucker, you got me that round" type of punch.

Not trying to make excuses for TJ, I am not a fan of his.

lolwut

No, it looked like a 5'6" little man from middle of nowhere, CA acting like a big fish in a small pond. that wouldn't be acceptable in the 10 MMA schools I've trained at

PS, he's from my hometown (literal small town USA). he's a douche. his family member's are douches. not surprised based on how he acted during his HS years with wrestling.

He is a cheat and is prob as bad as ppl say but you're right, it wasn't a killer punch, it was a little less than friendly.
He didnt apologize either. He just hit him and disrespectfully turns away from him

I don't know what to think about Takeru just taking that punch and walking away. That was some relationship changing stuff right there. Completely blatant.
Takeru way too nice and timid. Can't let somebody do that to you.. in your own freaking gym smh.

And Dillashaw a POS. Hopefully Sandhagen KO's him cold
Japanese people are super passive, how do you not get mad and make a big deal about something like that?

Some people just don't like making a big fuss out of such things. They see it as weak or petty.

Can you blame them? How many times do guys get shit on for complaining about whatever whether it's valid or not. They get called "crybaby" or whatever and at Takeru's level, I don't think he was that bothered by it. It's still a douche move by TJ but it probably wasn't as jolting to Takeru as it would be to someone who wasn't used to getting hit. Some people aren't that serious and see it as playful and some crazy mofos actually like that shit.

Then you have Chris Holdsworth who had his career ended by TJ and he didn't even wanna speak out about it. He eventually did though.

it’s like the fan base has never competed in anything and have no idea what battling and competition is.
It's more like you don't know proper gym etiquette, because sucker punching training partners is universally unacceptable behavior.

Dillashaw is the same person who kneed the top of Holdsworth's head while the latter was on all fours during training and gave him a career-ending concussion.

Back