TJ did a proper number on Barao

Something has happened with Barao that's for sure. Maybe extreme weight cutting and USADA plays a role in it all and getting TKO'd by TJ twice surely didn't help. Only thing to take into account is that Barao had never fought anyone as good as TJ or the current elite BWs like Cruz, Garbrandt, Assuncao etc. His best win is against Faber who at the time they fought had started to decline.
of course, these guys didn't exist at the time. also, faber just started to decline? hahaha, bullshit

Barao never earned any good money, no? Would be very sad.

Usada July 2015- barao has won one fight since.

For anyone saying he looked worse before.Do you not think he cycled off in advance of the random testing that was due to begin?

Usada/ ufc partnership was announced way before they started the testing and I do believe they even done a slightly less stringent trial run of it too prior July.

It’s not like Renan would just stop cycling on the date usada officially joined the ufc. He would’ve still popped

Barao never earned any good money, no? Would be very sad.

He was earning well over 100k a fight with sponsors during his title reign. He won many post fight bonuses. He certainly didn't make private jet money but if he's smart he won't have to worry about money while living in Brazil.

Barao went 1-4 post usada Including his second fight with TJ

It's not much to do with USADA to be honest, he was just way too overrated like so many of these past fighters. P4P GOAT? The only good fighter he beat was Faber.

no shot at all.
You mention him as if he did something unique.
My answer is more broad, and included names and examples of other fighters who did the same.

I was not thinking about de-meriting TJ at all, only approaching the issue from the mental perspective of the other fighter (the dominant one that lost).
This is something that I thought about and that is intriguing to me, so I shared....
You added he’s not the best, as it was completely unnecessary I simply wanted to know why. Your post was great. I however am not the TS

He ruined Renan and now he ruined CoGar, he’s a wrecking machine. Bring on Cruz.

I suspect not in the latter case, maybe helped crack his chin a bit but I suspect he won't collapse like Barao did.

Yeah, definitely a Cain versus JDS level of beating.

When RDA mauled Pettis for 5 whole rounds.

Dude is not the same after that fight.
He beat the shit out of Cerrone right after that if I recall, then went on to beat 2 legit welterweights after losing the title and then was a close decision away from being interim WW champ

This guy...<PlusJuan>...didn't get it.

Psst...Pettis was the one made irrelevant.

Not accurate enough for you asshole? It's a statistic not an opinion...

And he may very well have been using something to help with his massive weight cut like a restricted diueretic.

Not as bad as performance enhancers but still. No way to know for certain other than to gauge his performance before and after.

Not accurate enough for you asshole? It's a statistic not an opinion...

And he may very well have been using something to help with his massive weight cut like a restricted diueretic.

Not as bad as performance enhancers but still. No way to know for certain other than to gauge his performance before and after.
asshole? TS clearly states that it was dillashaw who fucked him over, not USADA. then you come here implying that USADA fucked him over. if anything I'm not the asshole here

asshole? TS clearly states that it was dillashaw who fucked him over, not USADA. then you come here implying that USADA fucked him over. if anything I'm not the asshole here

Well at least you graduated from using single word responses. Bravo... (or is shitpost a compound word? hard to say)

I pointed out that his performance dropped off and it coincided with USADA testing but clearly you weren't sharp enough to catch that. Sure Dillinshaw beat him clean the first time they fought but his subsequent performances, he looked like a shadow of himself.

And how does someone post 30,000 times in 4 years? Geez

Well at least you graduated from using single word responses. Bravo... (or is shitpost a compound word? hard to say)

I pointed out that his performance dropped off and it coincided with USADA testing but clearly you weren't sharp enough to catch that. Sure Dillinshaw beat him clean the first time they fought but his subsequent performances, he looked like a shadow of himself.

And how does someone post 30,000 times in 4 years? Geez
right after the first dillashaw fight he had that horrendous fight with mitch gagnon and then again had even worse performances. the rematch he was stopped way sooner and then the way down. MAYBE USADA had influence, but the downfall began before that. something similar with JDS too, got destroyed twice by cain and the result we all know

and 30k posts in 4 years is called commitment, buddy

Barao looked invincible at one point and I can't think of any other champ that has faded into near obscurity the same way he has now. Fedor, Anderson, even Weidman etc still get attention.
Also, TJ is a great fighter, I have to say. His composure and skills are formidable.

No one ever liked Barao to begin with. He only got attention because of his padded record.

Once the 0 was gone no one cares anymore with a guy like that.

The second TJ loss put a stamp on anyone caring about him.

right after the first dillashaw fight he had that horrendous fight with mitch gagnon and then again had even worse performances. the rematch he was stopped way sooner and then the way down. MAYBE USADA had influence, but the downfall began before that. something similar with JDS too, got destroyed twice by cain and the result we all know

and 30k posts in 4 years is called commitment, buddy

Being a member for 14 years is a commitment, 4 years is a hobby...

32 - 1 record before meeting TJ, with a 31 fight win streak.

After fighting T.J the second time, goes on to loose 3 fights and win 1. Meanwhile nobody actually gives a fuck he still around.

Any other dominant fighter made irrelevant like that?

Baraos record was HEAVILY inflated

Being a member for 14 years is a commitment, 4 years is a hobby...
yeah who's to say you were religiously visiting sherdog everyday in these 14 years? I at least have a post record to show

Back