TJ/Cejudo, one of the most significant fights OAT

Uhm...don't count your chickens, son.

TJ hasn't made 125, and he looks like death propped up at an alleged 138.

Plus: IT'S ALWAYS A PUNKASS MOVE WHEN LARGER FIGHTERS LOOK TO FACE SMALLER FIGHTERS.

It doesn't do shit for p4p status.
He's the ONLY potential "champchamp" to move DOWN a weightclass...

and

IT'S ALWAYS A PUNKASS MOVE WHEN LARGER FIGHTERS LOOK TO FACE SMALLER FIGHTERS.

ALWAYS

PUNKASS.

I love how morons talk about how Mighty Mouse was scared. TJ is challenging a SMALLER fighter. There's a reason GSP said he wouldn't call out smaller fighters, it makes you look bad.
If you're willing to cut to meet the smaller fighter in their own division, this argument falls flat on it's face. Yes, daring a smaller guy to come up and fight you looks bad, but agreeing to cut to a smaller division to take on the champion there is giving them the edge. People that have never competed in weight division sports might not get this, but it's how it is. This certainly doesn't make TJ "look bad" and is absolutely a feather in his cap if he pulls it off.

A lot of you don't seem to get that TJ is literally doing exactly what guys like DC and Conor already did, but he was doing the ballsy thing (fighting at the higher, more natural weight class) all along. DC and Conor kill themselves to get down as far as possible and win title. When they finally move up to their natural divisions they get showered with praise as champchamps. TJ spent his career at that higher natural weight class and gets none of that praise. Now that he's proving he could've been doing it a division below the whole time, a bunch of neckbeards on the internet say it makes him look like a bitch. It's asinine.

TJ is a good fighter, not a great fighter. He did very well exploiting the clear weaknesses of two very good fighters in Garbrandt (emotional fighter w/ a lousy chin) and Barao (always overrated, imo). He lost to Cruz all around and I don't remember anyone else he beat.
A lot of people including me thought TJ beat Dom. Dom couldn't walk from the leg kicks (B.S. to plantar fascitis). I think people are sleeping on Cejudo. How is it impossible that Cejudo dominates TJ on the ground.

No GOAT of mine would ever drop a decision to Dominick Cruz.

Killashaws venom will cripple the little manlet Saturday

Love TJ.... thought he got slighted in Cruz fight. The one thing that bothers me about this fight is the betting line and the opening line which was actually a mere -175.Hes now a still very wager-able -200.
I thought this line was going to open up in the -320 range. I also thought Cejudo did not beat DJ. Vegas sometimes makes mistakes and maybe shouldn't " look a gift horse in the mouth" but I'm staying clear.
T.j should dominate but " should" and actually what happens are 2 different things.

I agree 100%, great fight between two talented fighter. I thought TJ's popularity might have spiked after what he's done to Cody & its a Superfight between two champions but just doesn't appear to have got much attention.
Because a bunch of people are Dominick Snooze fans and the snake thing that was complete horseshit will never go away when TAM were basically being ridiculous

A lot of you don't seem to get that TJ is literally doing exactly what guys like DC and Conor already did, but he was doing the ballsy thing (fighting at the higher, more natural weight class) all along. DC and Conor kill themselves to get down as far as possible and win title. When they finally move up to their natural divisions they get showered with praise as champchamps. TJ spent his career at that higher natural weight class and gets none of that praise. Now that he's proving he could've been doing it a division below the whole time, a bunch of neckbeards on the internet say it makes him look like a bitch. It's asinine.

DC was a heavyweight until he got to the UFC and only went ti LHW because Cain was at HW.. If no Cain at HW DC would have been the longterm champ.

If you're willing to cut to meet the smaller fighter in their own division, this argument falls flat on it's face.
no.

they don't fight at the scale. they fight rehydrated, 24 hours later, where TJ will be the bigger fighter. He will always have height and reach advantage, and will only be the same weight for about 30 minutes this entire year.

IT IS ALWAYS A PUNKASS MOVE TO CHASE FIGHTS WITH SMALLER FIGHTERS.

WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

it's weak when Anderson calls out GSP, it's weak when GSP calls out Connor, it's weak when Connor's whole career is spent fighting smaller guys and then when he loses to Diaz he whines that it's because of size. It's a punkass move.

Bigger fighters are SUPPOSED to beat smaller fighters. There is no glory in it.

A lot of you don't seem to get that TJ is literally doing exactly what guys like DC and Conor already did.
no.

DC was a heavyweight until he got to the UFC and only went ti LHW because Cain was at HW.. If no Cain at HW DC would have been the longterm champ.
yes.
well, not about being champ the whole time. He loses to Stipe in a rematch, but yes about the reason he fought at LHW...and he entered LHW when the division still had depth.

t's asinine.
yes. that some people don't understand that calling out a smaller fighter is a bitch ass move. regardless of the circumstances.

A lot of people including me thought TJ beat Dom. Dom couldn't walk from the leg kicks (B.S. to plantar fascitis). I think people are sleeping on Cejudo. How is it impossible that Cejudo dominates TJ on the ground.

Not impossible at all, Cejudo is MUCH faster in the scrambles, he was actually significantly faster than DJ. Cejudo can definitely win this fight if he can avoid the shots from the bigger guy.

Completely irrelevant to the point I made;. He fought a large chunk of his career at 205, where he killed himself to make weight. TJ could've been doing the same thing at 25, but opted to fight in his natural division. Proving he can fight at 25 and beating the champion there is still as big an accomplishment for him as Conor and DC's belts at 45 and 205, respectively.

no.

they don't fight at the scale. they fight rehydrated, 24 hours later, where TJ will be the bigger fighter. He will always have height and reach advantage, and will only be the same weight for about 30 minutes this entire year.
Somebody always has the height and reach advantage. Like Conor at 45, or Max at 45 now. That doesn't make them bitches. You're approaching this topic with the maturity of a 3rd grader.

I think this is one of the best fights in recent history. Either fighter pads his resume substantially with a win. Both fighters are still getting better even though they were already great. Yes it's a great fight. I think whether it is a GOAT fight remains to be seen based on how it plays out and based on how both fighters continue to do in the future.

Thought DJ clearly won the fight, so therefore, no.

Back