TJ/Cejudo, one of the most significant fights OAT

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This fight isnt getting near enough hype as most think its a squash match for TJ, me included.

But this fight is arguably one of the most significant of all time.

TJ, arguably the best p4p fighter alive right now. Out there absolutely RUINING the careers of great fighters. If TJ wins it shows he was actually the best p4p fighter at time and could have easily went on the same streak MM went on, but he was too busy fighting infinitely better competition a weight class up. MM was also always scared to challenge himself and fight TJ. Even in MMs own weight class lol.

TJ= absolutely wrecking shit at 135 despite being able to make 125

Cejudo. The guy that beat the guy in MM. Thats huge by its self. Then you have the fact that hes the first guy EVER to be both an Olympic gold medalist AND UFC champion. If he adds beating TJ to his resume....he will skyrocket on the ATG list despite only having 15 fights right now.

But yea TJ will probably wreck him. Either way though, regardless of who wins, it has huge implications

Last edited:
TJ, is that you?

I agree 100%, great fight between two talented fighter. I thought TJ's popularity might have spiked after what he's done to Cody & its a Superfight between two champions but just doesn't appear to have got much attention.

i'm looking forward to the fight too, but how is TJ the GOAT when he's only on a 4 fight win streak

i'm looking forward to the fight too, but how is TJ the GOAT when he's only on a 4 fight win streak
I'm saying I think skill wise he is one of the best of all time, just hasn't been fighting long enough for his resume to prove it

This 'all time' shit is getting overdone, you can't change things around after everyone wins one fight. Also I see everyone shitting on Cejudo saying he's a bum, so if you believe that then TJ beating him should not change his rankings or be an achievement at all.

I'm sure you can sell it like that to the casuals. Just bombard them with Henry and TJ holding their titles and "best of all time" buzz phrases. The hardcores are just too aware of the bullshit behind this fight to really get behind it or it's historical significance. Me personally I love it. Gives TJ a chance to be double champ, the thought of him fighting Max Holloway is absolutely insane, but TJ is so technically good he deserves to be recognized as one of the best in the world imo. Nothing solidifies that more in modern MMA than being a double champ.

This fight isnt getting near enough hype as most think its a squash match for TJ, me included.

But this fight is arguably one of the most significant of all time.

TJ, arguably the best p4p fighter alive right now. Out there absolutely RUINING the careers of great fighters. If TJ wins it shows he was actually the best p4p fighter at time and could have easily went on the same streak MM went on, but he was too busy fighting infinitely better competition a weight class up. MM was also always scared to challenge himself and fight TJ. Even in MMs own weight class lol.

TJ= absolutely wrecking shit at 135 despite being able to make 125

Cejudo. The guy that beat the guy in MM. Thats huge by its self. Then you have the fact that hes the first guy EVER to be both an Olympic gold medalist AND UFC champion. If he adds beating TJ to his resume....he will skyrocket on the ATG list despite only having 15 fights right now.

But yea TJ will probably wreck him. Either way though, regardless of who wins, it has huge implications

I love how morons talk about how Mighty Mouse was scared. TJ is challenging a SMALLER fighter. There's a reason GSP said he wouldn't call out smaller fighters, it makes you look bad.

Cejudo has zero defenses and he barely beat MM. TJ doesn't have a whole lot of defenses himself. That's why this fight isn't getting alot of press. You seem awfully impressed with it, but the implications aren't that big at all. TJ will become another in an increasingly long line of people with two titles. Good fighter, but certainly not #1 now or all time.

He's not. This is an example of some asshat who's overhyping a fight. It certainly is a high level fight, but there are no GOAT implications here, far from it.

I don't see this as tj challenging a smaller fighter if he's able to make the weight and both Johnson and cejudo have fight at 135.

TJ is a good fighter, not a great fighter. He did very well exploiting the clear weaknesses of two very good fighters in Garbrandt (emotional fighter w/ a lousy chin) and Barao (always overrated, imo). He lost to Cruz all around and I don't remember anyone else he beat.

TJ is not the GOAT. But he may very well be the greatest fighter we have ever seen.

TJ is a good fighter, not a great fighter. He did very well exploiting the clear weaknesses of two very good fighters in Garbrandt (emotional fighter w/ a lousy chin) and Barao (always overrated, imo). He lost to Cruz all around and I don't remember anyone else he beat.

You bring the fight analysis of an autistic child. That you can't remember anyone else TJ has defeated says all we need to know about your knowledge of MMA.

PS. That isn't what TST even stands for.

I love how morons talk about how Mighty Mouse was scared. TJ is challenging a SMALLER fighter. There's a reason GSP said he wouldn't call out smaller fighters, it makes you look bad.

Cejudo has zero defenses and he barely beat MM. TJ doesn't have a whole lot of defenses himself. That's why this fight isn't getting alot of press. You seem awfully impressed with it, but the implications aren't that big at all. TJ will become another in an increasingly long line of people with two titles. Good fighter, but certainly not #1 now or all time.
Yea, its like TJ was begging to fight MM in MM own weight class. muhhhh smaller fighter!!!!!!!

make the weight=make the weight. same weightclass.

More food for thought: if Cejudo wins, he has a VERY strong argument for greatest 2 back to back wins of all time...

I'm saying I think skill wise he is one of the best of all time, just hasn't been fighting long enough for his resume to prove it
"TJ, arguably the best p4p fighter alive right now."
That's what you said.
And it's not arguable. MM and Jones(i hate to say that but it's true) are the top 2 right now. MM lost a split decision that could have gone either way (with a torn ligament in his knee).

I love watching TJ fight but him dropping down a division to fight a no-defense champion of a dead division is not historically meaningful. It's weird and pointless.

Back