TJ believes an olympic gold medalists lacks competitive edge

TJ Dillashaw also believes he can up to 145 and beat Max Holloway. The delusion is deep with him

TS abused that quote.

Probably the type that surfs the internet, looking to be offended.

dillashaw by headkick pretty early on. Cejudo was the bigger man vs DJ, he'll be quite a bit smaller for this fight. Tj doesnt get that kick up too high so i figure Henrys giant extra chromosome dome will be ripe for the picking.
DJ weighed more than Cejudo inside the cage.....

DC was heavier - given he originally fought at heavyweight, you could argue that he was returning to his origins, rather than "moving up" ... but it's nitpicking language https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/ufc-226-stipe-miocic-daniel-cormier-weigh-in-results-live-video-stream

I agree weight cutting is fucking stupid.
Cejudo please.
You're right that DC was "moving back" rather than "moving up".

But weight cutting is definitely stupid, and outside of a few guys that cut tons of weight and get away with it (Khabib), it's almost always better to fight at a higher weight class.

2 of his 3 losses are controversial and the loss to Dodson is an early stoppage. Truth.
Truth is: he lost!
Great fighter and all but hes not Mr perfect. I favor him in this matchup but we cant berate the other guy by making claims about things that dont really add up in Dillshaws favor.

How? I quoted the whole paragraph.

TJ's comments: "He doesn’t have that competitive edge that I have."

Your version: "Henry lacks competitive edge"

TJ made no measurement of Henry's "competitive edge".

I don't have the desire to eat cake like you, but I still get hungry.

Being an Olympic gold medalist doesn’t mean he has that edge TJ is talking about when it comes to being in a gritty, tough fight.

Their are guys that are amazing athletes but they fold relatively easily if they don’t beat you quickly or just even make it tough on them inside the cage.

TJ's comments: "He doesn’t have that competitive edge that I have."

Your version: "Henry lacks competitive edge"

TJ made no measurement of Henry's "competitive edge".

I don't have the desire to eat cake like you, but I still get hungry.
"He doesn't have that competitive edge that I have" does imply that Henry lacks "that" competitive edge ...

He's implying that he has some intangible that Henry lacks. It's pretty clear to me. He's saying that he has some desire to win that Henry doesn't have, and I'm saying that is an absurd statement.

"He doesn't have that competitive edge that I have" does imply that Henry lacks "that" competitive edge ...

In this single competition. He believes Henry doesnt have as much as him. Yes.

You decided to act as if TJ made an offensive, ignorant comment on his entire career, bringing up Olympics and previous competition.

You're right that DC was "moving back" rather than "moving up".

But weight cutting is definitely stupid, and outside of a few guys that cut tons of weight and get away with it (Khabib), it's almost always better to fight at a higher weight class.
No doubt, no doubt.

My wish: Whenever a matchup is made, get an independent 3rd party to analyse each fighter and advise the weight class where they can compete closest to their natural form. This way, we'll see who is actually better - not "who can just fight and barely miss shutting their kidneys down"

Wow. I didn't realize that Olympic gold medalists who fought tooth and nail to dethrone the most dominant UFC champion of all time lacked competitive edge. TJ has this whole thing figured out. Cejudo is just going to fold and let TJ win.

Oh, and then there's this gem from TJ as well:

Edit: Sorry for the typo in the title. Should be gold medalist* singular.

I agree with your argument, but TJ does make people fold, and he’s just too good everywhere.

Why couldnt Henry have gotten a gold medal in judo instead. Henry Judo Cejudo

I agree with your argument, but TJ does make people fold, and he’s just too good everywhere.
At 135 I agree -- TJ is a beast. I just don't think he's going to have the power at 125 to make Cejudo fold.

Being an Olympic gold medalist doesn’t mean he has that edge TJ is talking about when it comes to being in a gritty, tough fight.

Their are guys that are amazing athletes but they fold relatively easily if they don’t beat you quickly or just even make it tough on them inside the cage.
That's different from a "competitive edge" though. These words have defined meanings.

TJ could say something like "I don't think Henry is a fighter. Once we start trading shots, he's gonna look to wrestle." If that's what TJ meant, he should have said it. But I think TJ truly believes he wants to win more than Cejudo, which is crazy.

In this single competition. He believes Henry doesnt have as much as him. Yes.

You decided to act as if TJ made an offensive, ignorant comment on his entire career, bringing up Olympics and previous competition.

TJ has said that stuff though...

he can't stop talking about the Gold Medal. It's been a feature ever since his fight was announced:
“Of course I am disappointed I didn’t get to fight Demetrious Johnson [because of this], but now I get to beat a gold medalist,” he added. “I am going to beat him at his own game, too. I will go out there and I will wrestle him. So he should bring that gold medal to the Octagon so I can take his belt and his gold medal.”

even before that on TMZ where they quote: T.J. also said a fight with Henry would be "easy money.":

"That gold medal is light. This UFC belt has a lot more weight"
*during the faceoff* "I am going to run right through you"
*during the faceoff* "Yeah.... I got "respect" for you .... I'll take that Gold Medal off you too... "

His medals didn't help him against MM.

TJ has said that stuff though...

...I guess we can get offended by any comment TJ makes for the rest of his life, right?

That's not the quote or subject of discussion.

And I really see nothing wrong with those comments. He's confident. Not evil.

...I guess we can get offended by any comment TJ makes for the rest of his life, right?

That's not the quote or subject of discussion.

And I really see nothing wrong with those comments. He's confident. Not evil.
He's off his rocker cocky.

He said he's going to outwrestle Cejudo.

He's talking about moving up to 145 to beat Holloway, LOL!!! Max "is too slow". I would love to see Max destroy him so badly.

Back