TJ believes an olympic gold medalists lacks competitive edge

Olympic Gold can, these olympic casuals should be cut immediately

I completely disagree with your interpretation of his words. His words are very clear: he thinks he has less "quit" in him.

He should have simply stopped after he said "I'm too well rounded." That's a decent argument. But come on -- you really think a guy like Cejudo has less competitive drive, and will fold? Give me a break.

Also, LOL at TJ thinking he's going to outwrestle Cejudo.
You just said you completely disagree with me then essentially echoed what I said.

Folding and quitting are the same thing....

Cejudo will toy with TJ
giphy.gif

Bro, I apologize for laughing off Cejudo's chance at 125 in that old thread. I think, exactly as you said, if he makes 125, I think Cejudo should win. That was based on just TJ's weight cut. Cejudo looks insanely confident, insanely jacked, and as this thread is about, special kind of gamer who's greatest strenth is exactly his competitive edge. He has the delusion and the mental intangibles in spades. If TJ makes 125 I'd be very surprised if he won, and you said this 2 months ago, and was so confident you said you'd delete your account if TJ wins at 125. That's not necessary and no real wager was made, and the fight hasn't even happened, but I'm with you, bro. TJ could absolutely win by decision but my money is on Cejudo and this is a FIGHT. Honestly, his brain could be so dehydrated with this triple-champ pipe dream he could get KO'd here.

I think so. I look at it this way: All of the Champ-Champs have succeeded moving up in weight. We see guys like Gastelum, Whittaker, DC, and Anthony Smith succeeding at higher weight classes. I truly believe that any weight cut past ~10% bodyweight actually starts to hurt the fighter's chances of winning. There are exceptions to this rule of course -- Khabib is an absolute monster despite the huge weight cut. As much as I don't like him, he could be even better at 165/170.

If I'm right, then TJ is going to be a comparatively worse version of himself at 125.

As a side note, I think two fighters that should absolutely move up in weight are Neil Magney and Darren Till. Those guys could honestly do some damage at 185. And Rockhold moving to 205 is also very exciting.

He is saying when he puts the pressure on Cejudo, Cejudo will fold, hence "competitive edge"

TJ has shown he can fight through that shit. Cejudo has not.

It literally has nothing to do with his wrestling accomplishments.
Except those 3 times he couldn't and ended up losing.

TJ is confident, those who don't like him say arrogant. I get it, I hate the decisionater Cruz. I think he is arrogant. Yes his defense is excellent but his fights pretty boring except when Cody beat him. I personally think TJ is one of the best pound for pound in UFC. Whether you think he beat Cruz or not it was a close fight and Cruz is or was the best at 135 for a long time. Plus how can you not love a guy who knocked out no love twice. Cejudo will get peppered and then try for takedowns unsuccessfully IMO. I think he gets knocked out.

You just said you completely disagree with me then essentially echoed what I said.

Folding and quitting are the same thing....
Hmmm, I re-read your original post and it still sounds like you're equating "competitive edge" with skill and combat sports experience.

Cejudo has no more quit in him than TJ. In the past Cejudo has been in difficult fights because he was under-prepared for MMA, but he's done remarkably well despite those deficits. And now he just beat the greatest UFC champion ever.

TJ may very well finish him, but I don't Cejudo "quitting" any more than TJ will quit.

This is clearly a case of what the fuck am I gonna ramble on for a couple hours about at this luncheon to keep people's attention.

Mighty Mouse handed Cejudo his belt so he could make the jump to OneFC.

TJ is cocky as hell, bordering on disrespectful. Listening to Bang on Ariel's show the other day really brought it home for me. He doesn't get a ton of hate for it because he has backed it up, but if he is focused on Max right now he is in for a long night. Cejudo is no joke - he won't fold as easily as Cody did.

I think so too. I think at that weight, TJ is going to be too drained. He won't have the power, and he'll feel the punches more too. Eventually TJ will panic wrestle, and then Cejudo will school him.
I doubt it

TJ is a pro, he's gonna cut weight like a professional and go In there at her best.

If Cejudo wins, It's gonna be because of his skill..not because of TJ not being at his best due to the weight.

That said, I don't think either guy Is getting schooled In this one. It's gonna be competitive and could go either way.

Cejudo has a goofy haircut, and the snake will probably embarass him even more

Wow. I didn't realize that Olympic gold medalists who fought tooth and nail to dethrone the most dominant UFC champion of all time lacked competitive edge. TJ has this whole thing figured out. Cejudo is just going to fold and let TJ win.

Oh, and then there's this gem from TJ as well:

Edit: Sorry for the typo in the title. Should be gold medalist* singular.
You think that's bad... he hired some "ex teacher" who knows calculus to develop some "algorithim" to shed his skin down to 125....
Sam was quoted in this article as saying "The numbers don't lie" and shared some fucking bizzarely designed charts that could only be designed to confuse people into thinking he is legitimate.
upload_2019-1-17_8-42-47.png

CONFIRMED:
TJ's nutritionist is Professor Scott Steiner:

I think so. I look at it this way: All of the Champ-Champs have succeeded moving up in weight. We see guys like Gastelum, Whittaker, DC, and Anthony Smith succeeding at higher weight classes. I truly believe that any weight cut past ~10% bodyweight actually starts to hurt the fighter's chances of winning. There are exceptions to this rule of course -- Khabib is an absolute monster despite the huge weight cut. As much as I don't like him, he could be even better at 165/170.

If I'm right, then TJ is going to be a comparatively worse version of himself at 125.

As a side note, I think two fighters that should absolutely move up in weight are Neil Magney and Darren Till. Those guys could honestly do some damage at 185. And Rockhold moving to 205 is also very exciting.
DC was heavier - given he originally fought at heavyweight, you could argue that he was returning to his origins, rather than "moving up" ... but it's nitpicking language https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/ufc-226-stipe-miocic-daniel-cormier-weigh-in-results-live-video-stream

I agree weight cutting is fucking stupid.
Cejudo please.

upload_2019-1-17_8-46-7.png

Not a fan of TJ and his gyno
I think the cut will be too much for his body and Cejudo will get the W
TJ is an asshole btw
First he wants a fighters union, and then he says he will close a div (some men lost their only way of income) with a smile on his face

Many people forget where they came from so speak. See it in everyday life. Sad but true

I guess that could be said about all flyweights that weigh the same as a Bantam on fight night yet chose to stay in a division with lower exposure and less money.

dillashaw by headkick pretty early on. Cejudo was the bigger man vs DJ, he'll be quite a bit smaller for this fight. Tj doesnt get that kick up too high so i figure Henrys giant extra chromosome dome will be ripe for the picking.

Hmmm, I re-read your original post and it still sounds like you're equating "competitive edge" with skill and combat sports experience.

Cejudo has no more quit in him than TJ. In the past Cejudo has been in difficult fights because he was under-prepared for MMA, but he's done remarkably well despite those deficits. And now he just beat the greatest UFC champion ever.

TJ may very well finish him, but I don't Cejudo "quitting" any more than TJ will quit.
I am not saying he is a quitter. I am saying that is what TJ is implying.

I am saying TJ is implying that when he puts the pressure on Cejudo, he believes Cejudo will mentally quit.

Back