TJ believes an olympic gold medalists lacks competitive edge

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"I can’t tell you exactly which way I’m going to finish him, but my pressure is going to be too much,” Dillashaw said. “I’m too well-rounded that I can take the fight anywhere, and he’s going to want to fold."
"He doesn’t have that competitive edge that I have."
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/T...estle-Henry-Cejudo-148237#z8jW4db3C52qQQ4R.99
Wow. I didn't realize that Olympic gold medalists who fought tooth and nail to dethrone the most dominant UFC champion of all time lacked competitive edge. TJ has this whole thing figured out. Cejudo is just going to fold and let TJ win.

Oh, and then there's this gem from TJ as well:
“I’m going to outwrestle him too,” Dillashaw said. “I am.”

Edit: Sorry for the typo in the title. Should be gold medalist* singular.

Last edited:
Yea Olympic metalists are pure garbage

Last edited:
He is saying when he puts the pressure on Cejudo, Cejudo will fold, hence "competitive edge"

TJ has shown he can fight through that shit. Cejudo has not.

It literally has nothing to do with his wrestling accomplishments.

I googled Henry Cejudo recently. That dude's head must account for like 75% of his total body mass

If he was more competitive he wouldn't have lost his gold medal to that house fire by TKO (leg injury)

Could use a ghost writer for his trash talking.

He just comes across as more clueless and douchey

He is saying when he puts the pressure on Cejudo, Cejudo will fold, hence "competitive edge"

TJ has shown he can fight through that shit. Cejudo has not.

It literally has nothing to do with his wrestling accomplishments.

I completely disagree with your interpretation of his words. His words are very clear: he thinks he has less "quit" in him.

He should have simply stopped after he said "I'm too well rounded." That's a decent argument. But come on -- you really think a guy like Cejudo has less competitive drive, and will fold? Give me a break.

Also, LOL at TJ thinking he's going to outwrestle Cejudo.

c32fcda5bc7d5d9e4714058046479cd0.gif

Read more at https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/T...estle-Henry-Cejudo-148237#z8jW4db3C52qQQ4R.99

Wow. I didn't realize that Olympic gold medalists who fought tooth and nail to dethrone the most dominant UFC champion of all time lacked competitive edge. TJ has this whole thing figured out. Cejudo is just going to fold and let TJ win.

Oh, and then there's this gem from TJ as well:

Edit: Sorry for the typo in the title. Should be gold medalist* singular.

Cejudo will toy with TJ

Cejudo will toy with TJ
I think so too. I think at that weight, TJ is going to be too drained. He won't have the power, and he'll feel the punches more too. Eventually TJ will panic wrestle, and then Cejudo will school him.

Not a fan of TJ and his gyno
I think the cut will be too much for his body and Cejudo will get the W
TJ is an asshole btw
First he wants a fighters union, and then he says he will close a div (some men lost their only way of income) with a smile on his face

TJ has a point in a way - being a supreme athlete doesn't make you supreme MMA fighter by default.

Cejudo folded easily against a guy not known at all for standing finishes and despite possessing amazing credentials, he hasn't fully realized translated his skills into mma yet. Also, what is TJ going to say, he's going to get outworked by him? Pretty standard pre-fight talk IMO

TJ can say whatever he wants. He will dominate Cejudo without breaking a sweat.

Lebron James would win every Olympic event with 2 months of training.

Back