Tito vs Randy Couture today

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I looked it up, Randy's 55 years old and hasn't fought in 7 years but he was much bigger and stronger than Tito and frequently man handled big heavyweights.

Obviously Tito does this to him as well:
053_Chuck_Liddell_vs_Tito_Ortiz.0.jpg

But I want to see what sherdog has to say about it.

Tito by KO. Randy is 63. 1 punch would kill him.

Regarding their age, the Winner will receive a title for leatherweight.

I dont remember Randy being bigger. He dominated because of the skill gap in wrestling. Both use wrestling to control their fights and Randy was far superior.
Obviously Tito would have a much easier time if they fought now, silly to think otherwise.

Randy with unlimited TRT may still beat Tito now, wrestling also translates much better with older age

I dont remember Randy being bigger. He dominated because of the skill gap in wrestling. Both use wrestling to control their fights and Randy was far superior.
Obviously Tito would have a much easier time if they fought now, silly to think otherwise.

You say that now but maybe just like you did with Chuck, before Tito sparked him last weekend maybe you would have picked today's Randy to beat the HB bad boy.

No. Randy's both shrunk a few inches and lost tons of muscle mass in his old age. He's probably LW sized now.

You also saw in his last few fights that he was really slowing down and his chin was gone. He was stuck in the mud and getting dropped by jabs. All that's probably magnified ten fold now that he's 55.

Here he is next to 5'8 Cruz a year ago:

Seriously who the fuck cares.
Tito vs Chuck should have been the end of this sort of pointless 'seniors' BS.

Randy is an actor so the winner of the fight is whoever the writer wants to win it in the film or tv show where it happens because there's no way the two of them should do it for real in a cage.

You say that now but maybe just like you did with Chuck, before Tito sparked him last weekend maybe you would have picked today's Randy to beat the HB bad boy.
Absolutely not. I didn't want Chuck to fight Tito because he's too old. Randy happens to be one of my all time favorite fighters. You don't know me or any of my thoughts. You aren't as smart as you'd like to think. If you think I said any of that, search for it.

Absolutely not. I didn't want Chuck to fight Tito because he's too old. Randy happens to be one of my all time favorite fighters. You don't know me or any of my thoughts. You aren't as smart as you'd like to think. If you think I said any of that, search for it.

I don't know you but I know your thoughts. Also I am in fact as smart as I'd like to think. Lets be honest here, even if you didn't think Chuck would win you certainly didn't think Tito would 1-2 his ass out cold. He beat chuck at his own game and he'd do the same to Randy now.

Seriously the only surprise in that fight was the fact Chuck didn't get ko'd by a strong gust of win. Everyone who mentioned the fight expected Chuck to die, moreso if they'd seen the footage of him training.

I dont remember Randy being bigger.

Me either. Pretty sure Tito was bigger than Randy.

I don't know you but I know your thoughts. Also I am in fact as smart as I'd like to think. Lets be honest here, even if you didn't think Chuck would win you certainly didn't think Tito would 1-2 his ass out cold. He beat chuck at his own game and he'd do the same to Randy now.

This wasn't directed at me but I'm gonna reply anyway because I too am also as smart as I like to think I am. I knew damn well Tito would win exactly the way he did, because the blueprint for Chuck has long been established...strike with him and forget about takedowns (unless they are greco roman takedowns). Guys that focused on trying to get him down always got ko'd. So the way to beat Chuck was to strike with him. Maybe fake some TD's, but definitely don't commit to trying to get him down.

Am I getting this right?
Whenever a fighter is past his glory days, Tito comes like a grim reaper and buries him???

Chuck Norris is so last season.
It's Tito's reign of terror now!!

Turns out Tito was the true LHW GOAT all along. He just needed to wait 20 years.

No. Randy's both shrunk a few inches and lost tons of muscle mass in his old age. He's probably LW sized now.

You also saw in his last few fights that he was really slowing down and his chin was gone. He was stuck in the mud and getting dropped by jabs. All that's probably magnified ten fold now that he's 55.

Here he is next to 5'8 Cruz a year ago:

Who dropped him with jabs ?

Back