Tito Ortiz Says Cris Cyborg Is The Reason Ronda Rousey Cuts To 135

Ronda dropped to 135 for an immediate title shot. She couldn't get one at 145 because Cyborg was busted for another ~8 months at the time. If she stayed at 145, she would have fought a bunch of nobodies this year while she waited for Cyborg to get off suspension. Instead, she dropped to 135 and beat two of the best in that division easily.

145 has no top fighters besides Cyborg, Cyborg was on suspension. Why waste a year in a worthless division?

WRONG. Rousey had made the decision to go down to 135 and take the bantam weight belt BEFORE she actually fought Julia Budd. Cyborg was still the featherweight champion and had not fought Hiroko Yamanaka yet.

My thought exactly. What does that mean? So, Ronda could tear her arm off, therefore Ronda is hiding from her by going to 135? I don't get it.

I think he was trying to counter the jokes about how Ronda would tear Cyborgs arms off. Hard to tell on twitter sometime since it's so limited.

It's funny how everybody is an expert on Ronda's motivation for dropping to 135 and whether or not Cyborg is able to cut to 135.

A lot of mind readers in the MMA community. Better be careful.

He is right. Cyborg was the reason.
Ronda wanted a smaller paycheck to fight Miesha Tate instead of a bigger one to fight Cyborg at 145.

I don't get this tweet at all.

Is he saying that Cyborg weighs 135, and Ronda cuts there because she wants to rip her arm off?

Is he saying that Cyborg weighs 145, and Ronda is ducking her?

I can't even tell whose side he's on.

I dont see how ronda could beat cyborg really

He is right. Cyborg was the reason.
Ronda wanted a smaller paycheck to fight Miesha Tate instead of a bigger one to fight Cyborg at 145.

That makes absolutely no sense. No sense at all.

So if she was a challenger for Cyborg, the Featherweight champion, she would make more money than if she fought as the Bantamweight championin a superfight with cyborg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see how ronda could beat cyborg really

Let me paint a picture for you. Cyborg comes foward punching just like she does and Rousey will exchange with her just long enough to get in the clinch. Once they are in the clinch, it is going to the ground. On the ground, Rousey will do what she does and Cyborg can't stop it. Kaufman has better TTD than Cyborg does and we know how that went.

Cyborg is supposed to be a purple belt in BJJ, but she sucks on the ground.

Sara McMann poses the greatest challenge for Rousey and she self admits she is several fights away from that.

Veronica Rothenhausler probably has a better chance of beating Rousey before she can get it to the ground than Cyborg has.

Let me paint a picture for you. Cyborg comes foward punching just like she does and Rousey will exchange with her just long enough to get in the clinch. Once they are in the clinch, it is going to the ground. On the ground, Rousey will do what she does and Cyborg can't stop it. Kaufman has better TTD than Cyborg does and we know how that went.

Sara McMann poses the greatest challenge for Rousey and she self admits she is several fights away from that.

Veronica Rothenhausler probably has a better chance of beating Rousey before she can get it to the ground than Cyborg has.
Yup.

Gina Carano was able to mount Cyborg twice. What does anyone think Rousey would do with that position?

2i8c4gi.jpg

That's probably the most sense a person with all caps in their username has ever made.

Wouldn't be far from the truth, there was a guy on here who proved that Ronda planned on moving down just days after Cyborgs last win. With a source.
Before the test results came back.

Ronda said it herself earlier in her career.She said it was too early for her to meet Cyborg and that's why she moved down and she stated that she would move up a little later in her career.We all know she is afraid of Cyborg and that she would get ripped into pieces lol.

It's like Bendo calling out GSP at 155 knowing he can't cut the weight,though girl Ronda...

I didn't know about this, interesting.

fighting at THE SAME WEIGHT CLASS isn't an advantage, it is a level playing field, something Cyborg has never fought on in her life, and she is scared to do so.

theres a major contradiction in this post ...

Of course Rousey cut to 135 to avoid Cyborg... smart thing to do... she was not ready for Cyborg at the time...now she is and with the Cyborg PED issue the ball is in Rousey's court....Cyborg has no leverage and will have to cut...Rousey is the bigger name...without the cheating Rousey would have had to come up...there is no 145lb division in the UFC so if Cyborg wants the payday...start the diet today!

Back