Tito Ortiz rooting for Jones to break his Record?

Poor Vlady is on both their lists lol

lol tito is amazing. He is the only one who holds any credence to his record. Look at those HUGE names he fought off to keep that title:
Yuki Kondo
Vlad matyushenko
evan tanner
48 year old Ken Shamrock
elvis sinosic

It gets worse when you compare him to Chuck's record at the time.

Tito was NEVER champ IMO. Technically he was, but the champ is SUPPOSED to be the best, and he was NOT the best when he was champ. While he was "defending" his title against those guys you mentioned, Chuck Liddell beat these guys:

Jeff Monson (6-2 at the time)
Kevin Randeman (9-4)
Guy Mezger (28-11-2)
Bustamante (undefeated 7-0-1 at the time)
Suloev (13-2)
Vitor (10-2)
Babalu (20-4)

Tito essentially ducked Chuck with excuses, while Chuck eliminated the real contenders himself.

ANY of those guys might have beat Tito at the time if they had a chance, but Chuck kept knocking them off for Tito.

Now this surprises me, as Tito is usually all about Tito.

SOURCE

Tito has and always will be ONLY about Tito. You think he's trying to bolster his stock in light of upcoming Bellator PPV? He's so far past his prime; too many exciting young prospects to spend even a second on Ortiz.

Yet another fake attempt at looking humble by Tito. Nothing really to see here.

im not sure if this was just a pros prediction or if tito was answering a question. but if tito was just giving a pros prediction then its typical tito always having to sneak in something about himself

To make comments about, "compared to who the former champ beat, the current champ has better wins" is short sighted. The competition was different and the pool of fighters not as deep. Can't fault a former champ with who he was paired up with, guys don't make their own fights...Joe S. does.

I'm not defending Tito...I have always thought of him a sort of train wreck from a marketing perspective. Could never stand to listen to the guy at post fight pressers, especially after a loss...just rambled uncomfortably forever mostly repeating the same stuff. Public speaking is something he should stay very far away from (he's probably been coaching Schlaub lately). And I never liked his post fight win antics in the cage...was so glad to have watched Chuck knock his block off twice.

What Tito is really doing is finding a way to make tonight's fight about him. I'm sure, if he was still on good terms with the UFC, he'd have found a way to make an in-octagon post-fight appearance to talk about how he made this all possible.

I dont think we need Tito talking , maybe he could have put the belt around JJ waist and gave him a couple im not worthy motions lol

Compare that to Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor Belfort and Sonnen. All those guys were champions at one point in time (Sonnen was champ in WEC and regardless of people may think about him is a solid top ten fighter). He also beat Shogun to capture the title in the first place. Jones is already the greatest LHW of all time. Others were disagreeing with me on this point last month, but the facts are the facts. Jones has fought tougher competition to keep his belt than any other former LHW champion (i.e. Tito or Chuck).

They try to argue to Chuck and Tito's longevity but you combine those two fighters best records and it still doesn't hold up to Jones Current title run

Chael was not a champ in WEC and has never been a solid top 10 LHW fighter.

Technically- he did beat Filho in their title match- but Filho missed weight, and so it was ruled a non-title fight. Sonnen dominated Paulo Filho, and afterwards Filho and Soares shipped Sonnen the MW title of WEC. The MW division of WEC afterwards soon was dissolved, but Chael still had the belt and was the champ in the eyes of the MMA world.

Tito knows it's going to be broken tonight. He doesn't like it (I mean, who would), and part of dealing with it is trying to feign acceptance in hopes it will facilitate the real feeling. He desperately wanted to be a title contender, but when he realized his best days were behind him, he at least had this record to make him feel better. Now it's going to be stripped away, and is one less thing he can claim to hold any sort of relevance.

I'm not saying any of this as a hater, or because I want to talk crap or whatever. It's sort of sad, because he's a real emotional guy and I know he won't take it well for awhile. It's also another thing Dana will be able to throw in his face. I really feel bad for the guy.

Now that's it's approaching the inevitable, Ortiz trying to come off as though he isn't petty and bitter. Wait for the "I put everything into MMA, gave everything I had for the sport, made MMA and the UFC what they are, always did it for the fans, I'm passing the torch onto JJ," ad infinitum.

Go get some fans, Tito!

Tito is saying whatever needs to be said to bring attention to himself.

I still chuckle sometimes when Tito boasts about his record. Dude was beating up average MW. Jones has smashed the likes of Bonnar, Bader, Shogun, Vitor, Vladdy, Rashad, Rampage, etc

Your post is a little dumb. Tito beat all the guys you metioned except for shogun and rampage, who he will beat soon. And he beat vladdy, vitor, and rashad when they were younger and more athletic than the ones jones beat.

P.s. I know he lost to rashad, but in the first fight he won it if the ref wouldn't have taken a point for grabbing the cage one time. Most warn then take a point on the third time. Also I didn't bring up bonner cause he sucks.

Technically- he did beat Filho in their title match- but Filho missed weight, and so it was ruled a non-title fight. Sonnen dominated Paulo Filho, and afterwards Filho and Soares shipped Sonnen the MW title of WEC. The MW division of WEC afterwards soon was dissolved, but Chael still had the belt and was the champ in the eyes of the MMA world.

Filho had some serious drug and mental issues.

Jones has the benefited fro all the years of fighting knowledge build up by those same fighters he smashed. Please put it into context.

The reason that "I" personally refused to put it into context is because Tito refuses to. I understand what YOU are saying, but Tito does not. Tito has never once admitted that the LHW champions of today face much tougher competition than he did. NEVER ONCE has he said that.

So as long as Tito refuses to put shit into context, so will I.

lol tito is amazing. He is the only one who holds any credence to his record. Look at those HUGE names he fought off to keep that title:
Yuki Kondo
Vlad matyushenko
evan tanner
48 year old Ken Shamrock
elvis sinosic
The best fighters were in Pride at the time for the most part, so getting good challengers for their champs was tough. But considering that Tito beat their 205 (or 203 as it were) champion, you can definitely make the case that he was the best at the time or at least among the best. When you add it all up, Tito fought and often beat some good fighters.

Your post is a little dumb. Tito beat all the guys you metioned except for shogun and rampage, who he will beat soon. And he beat vladdy, vitor, and rashad when they were younger and more athletic than the ones jones beat.

P.s. I know he lost to rashad, but in the first fight he won it if the ref wouldn't have taken a point for grabbing the cage one time. Most warn then take a point on the third time. Also I didn't bring up bonner cause he sucks.

1- Tito did not beat Vitor. Anybody with half a fucking brain knows that. The take downs at the end of the 5th robbed Vitor of that decision.

2- Even without the fence grab, his fight with a very green & inexperienced Rashad could've still been a draw. Rashad was 5x the fighter when he fought Jones that he was when he fought Tito. Don't kid yourself just because you're a Tito fan.

Look, I used to love Tito as much as the next guy but he faced some of the weakest competition LHW ever saw. Then when the cans started getting weeded out and he fought Chuck / Randy he started getting his ass handed to him.

It gets worse when you compare him to Chuck's record at the time.

Tito was NEVER champ IMO. Technically he was, but the champ is SUPPOSED to be the best, and he was NOT the best when he was champ. While he was "defending" his title against those guys you mentioned, Chuck Liddell beat these guys:

Jeff Monson (6-2 at the time)
Kevin Randeman (9-4)
Guy Mezger (28-11-2)
Bustamante (undefeated 7-0-1 at the time)
Suloev (13-2)
Vitor (10-2)
Babalu (20-4)

Tito essentially ducked Chuck with excuses, while Chuck eliminated the real contenders himself.

ANY of those guys might have beat Tito at the time if they had a chance, but Chuck kept knocking them off for Tito.
But Tito beat Vitor and Mezger anyway and there's no guarantee he would have lost to those other guys.

Back