Tito Ortiz is 1-7-1 since 2006. Why do people still think he is a draw?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean that is just a terrible record and only 9 fights in 8 years. Why would Bellator even invest in him at this point? If he loses to Shlemenko who is a small MW it will tarnish his legacy even more. Thoughts?

Being a draw has nothing to do with your win/lose record.

Being a draw means people will pay to see you fight regardless of your record and sadly people pay to see Tito fight at this point.

He is good at marketing himself since he is an old school fighter and his 7 losses have been decision with the exception of Chuck Liddell and Rashad Evans which in Rashads case, it was a draw the first time and the second time Tito took the fight on short notice.

Don't get me wrong, I am not his fan but he knows how to stay relevant.

He is good at marketing himself since he is an old school fighter and his 7 losses have been decision with the exception of Chuck Liddell and Rashad Evans which in Rashads case, it was a draw the first time and the second time Tito took the fight on short notice.

Don't get me wrong, I am not his fan but he knows how to stay relevant.

Lil Nog.

He's actually 4-5-1 from 2006 to the present...

Anyways, who gives a shit about his record? Would you have a hard on to see him fight if he had 4 more wins over Ken Shamrock sprinkled in there?

bob_sapp1.jpg

I mean that is just a terrible record and only 9 fights in 8 years. Why would Bellator even invest in him at this point? If he loses to Shlemenko who is a small MW it will tarnish his legacy even more. Thoughts?

Because draw isn't just about recent record. Chuck Liddell was 1-5 at the end and if Bellator put him on a card he would draw viewers. If people like a fighter they will root for them whether they doing well or not.

It's more to hope that Shlemenko becomes a break out star than Tito's legacy which is already set.

He's actually 4-5-1 from 2006 to the present...

Anyways, who gives a shit about his record? Would you have a hard on to see him fight if he had 4 more wins over Ken Shamrock sprinkled in there?

You must care seeing you needed to correct him, albeit incorrectly. He is 1-7-1 in his last 9 fights, and 4-7-1 since 2006.

People overvalue his name and drawing power. He has a recognizable name, but that doesn't necessarily mean viewers or especially paid viewers. When was the last time Tito actually had to carry a ppv?

people want to see him fight. thats why he is a draw

poeple enjoyed watching him get beat up i think, but guess what? they wont not see that on saturday, tito is gonna win!

Buy wrestling

Every single one of those loses is to a better more skilled fighter then Storm as is his one win.

Tito fighting is a joke at this point. He gets a free pass because it's a Bellator card, had this been the UFC people would be flipping out and blasting Zuffa.

Sherdoggers care. Mainstream fans most likely does not. Still, Tito is a decent draw because of his big name and former glory. Hell, sherdoggers would still watch Ken Shamrock fight

Back