Tito Claims Anderson Hit Him In Back Of His Head

Nah Anderson actually did a great job making sure the punches all landed clean. Tito just being an idiot as per usual

I'm surprised we don't have a Tito big book of excuses.

I honestly can't understand how anyone can be a fan of Tito Ortiz, he is such an idiot.

I honestly can't understand how anyone can be a fan of Tito Ortiz, he is such an idiot.

My journey as a Tito hater turned fanboy was a long and tumultuous tale, so throw another log in the fireplace

When I started following MMA and he was the UFC champ, I really disliked him and his fans (most of Sherdog was rooting for Chuck, but Tito did have some supporters here and there).

I thought he was an arrogant idiot who got lucky to face Wanderlei before he had a ground game, his post-fight celebration never failed to annoy me, especially after the split decision against Vitor Belfort fight
(close one, nowadays it's never brought up since Vitor's fans are not as numerous as they used ti be, but there was a time when this bout often came up in the "worst decisions in the UFC?" threads )
, his dumb excuses annoyed me, his comments about other fighters annoyed me (especially against Mark Coleman, too bad we never got this fight when they were in their prime),
and more than anything, Ortiz ducking Dana fucking White in their boxing sparring session pissed me off soooo much <codychoke>

... but I have to admit that after Ortiz stopped being relevant as a top fighter, I kinda warmed up to him. His upset win over "Storm" Shlemenko made me happy for him,
(even though I was rooting for Alex; he's always been an exciting striker...)
Sure, Tito was a couple weight classes heavier than Storm, but I still thought he would get Iceman'd (gee, I suppose we can't use that anymore now that Chuck lost their 3 rd bout <{titihmm}>)

The Bonnar brawl was sloppy but kinda entertaining, but we saw in the Liam McGeary bout that Ortiz couldn't compete against actual top fighters anymore

So sure, bring Dos Caras Jr back <mma4>

After Tito became irrelevant to the title picture/as a top fighter, he was muuuuch easier to tolerate; plus he's pretty funny, in an unintentional kind of way.
Aside from the Dana Ducking, which still annoys me as it was the one and only chance we could get to watch Dana getting brutally knocked out in a legal manner.

WAR TITO

Love that fight. Tito had a legit 30lbs on him. I forget the exact quote from Frank but it was something like stuffing his pants full of coins to make the 200lbs. Not trying to get off topic but also awesome...
shamrock-3punch-ko-slow-motion.gif
Definitely not 30 pounds. But he certainly had a significant weight advantage.

It was on the ear, but have you seen the size of Tito's head. Back of the head is probably Hunt's head size

Definitely not 30 pounds. But he certainly had a significant weight advantage.

First article when searching the weight difference. High end goes at 30lbs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...tiz-was-one-of-ufcs-first-true-classic-fights

"Ortiz was much bigger. He had close to a five-inch height advantage. While he weighed in at 199, by fight time he was at least 217 pounds, and his camp was claiming, perhaps to mess with Shamrock's head, that he would be 222 pounds inside the cage. Shamrock weighed in at 198 pounds, but he weighed in fully clothed. When he stepped off the scale, he took a book out of his back pocket. He was somewhere between 192 and 195 pounds when he stepped into the cage. And unlike most fighters, who diet down before a fight, he was taking he opposite approach, eating as much as possible over the last few weeks."

I mean over 20 years ago now so guess neither of us can be matter of fact about either side.

My journey as a Tito hater turned fanboy was a long and tumultuous tale, so throw another log in the fireplace

When I started following MMA and he was the UFC champ, I really disliked him and his fans (most of Sherdog was rooting for Chuck, but Tito did have some supporters here and there).

I thought he was an arrogant idiot who got lucky to face Wanderlei before he had a ground game, his post-fight celebration never failed to annoy me, especially after the split decision against Vitor Belfort fight
(close one, nowadays it's never brought up since Vitor's fans are not as numerous as they used ti be, but there was a time when this bout often came up in the "worst decisions in the UFC?" threads )
, his dumb excuses annoyed me, his comments about other fighters annoyed me (especially against Mark Coleman, too bad we never got this fight when they were in their prime),
and more than anything, Ortiz ducking Dana fucking White in their boxing sparring session pissed me off soooo much <codychoke>

... but I have to admit that after Ortiz stopped being relevant as a top fighter, I kinda warmed up to him. His upset win over "Storm" Shlemenko made me happy for him,
(even though I was rooting for Alex; he's always been an exciting striker...)
Sure, Tito was a couple weight classes heavier than Storm, but I still thought he would get Iceman'd (gee, I suppose we can't use that anymore now that Chuck lost their 3 rd bout <{titihmm}>)

The Bonnar brawl was sloppy but kinda entertaining, but we saw in the Liam McGeary bout that Ortiz couldn't compete against actual top fighters anymore

So sure, bring Dos Caras Jr back <mma4>

After Tito became irrelevant to the title picture/as a top fighter, he was muuuuch easier to tolerate; plus he's pretty funny, in an unintentional kind of way.
Aside from the Dana Ducking, which still annoys me as it was the one and only chance we could get to watch Dana getting brutally knocked out in a legal manner.

WAR TITO

I appreciate that you took your time to ellaborate on how fandom of Tito is possible, but for me, his total lack of self awareness and his overall personality makes it impossible for me to appreciate him, even the slightest.

Still, I can kind of see your point of view, I just can't share it. Great response tho, you have a good one, sherbro!

It's a ground rule. Unless you stand frozen against the ropes you're a moving target, so back of head strikes standing are impossible. The rule is badly explained. JDS cited it as well. Others have, too. It's meant for GnP. That you can't just pin the guy down and ram his spine in.

Anderson doesn't have enough reach to hit the back of Titos head.

Back