Title MMA Gel Knee Pads

bigjer40

White Belt
Reaction score
Title MMA Gel Knee Pad Review:
After first mma practice with the Title MMA Gel Knee pads, I am very happy with my purchase. I wore them with my RevGear shin pads and they worked well together. The knee pads feel a little bulky at first, but I didn't notice that when I was practicing. I didn't do any heavy knee strikes, but 50% felt great! The best thing is that I did not have to reach down and adjust them once, unlike my shin gaurds! For $24.99, I highly reccomend these knee pads for mma training.

Are they just to stop you hurting your knees when doing groundwork or are they meant to actually knee people with?

Are they just to stop you hurting your knees when doing groundwork or are they meant to actually knee people with?

You can knee with them! They are required in my mma class in order to throw knees at your sparring partner. I threw my knee's bout 50% and I didn't feel anything and partner had no complaints. There is a lot of cushion and the impact seems to be spread out. I think I would rather be struck with these knee pads than some of the others. Not to mention, I watch my teamates adjusting their pads all the time and I don't have too!

Hopefully they work with windy shin guards, I think I might get these.

Hopefully they work with windy shin guards, I think I might get these.

my RevGears are pretty long, so you shouldn't have any problems. They overlap nicely. Let us know how they work for you.

whats the circumference of your knee where it bends? ive never found a good pair of knee pads that fits comfortably..all the pads ive tried on fits too tight then i cant kick properly

i ordered the large title knee pads, we'll see how they fit. My thighs are 27 inches, so i have big legs, we'll see if they constrict.

I ended up paying 39 dollars for shipping/brokerage on top of the price of the knee pads which were 25 dollars.

I'm in Canada, and I now hate UPS. My box was even mangled and looked like they ran it over. If I can help it, I won't ever order from title as long as they use "UPS standard". If you run an american business, send via USPS, sure it cost a couple bucks more for you, but saves canadians a lot of money, and I'm sure canadians are willing to wait a few more days to save 20 dollars.

Title could use USPS and save Canadians lots. They could even send via UPS expedited or UPS worldwide, and all the cost of shipping would be upfront and be full disclosure and it would help canadians save a few dollars over UPS standard as long as the item is not that heavy(like knee pads....)

Title won't do that though, title doesn't want to scare away people with a 30 dollar shipping charge up front, so they charge 16 dollars, and then Canadians get hit with an additional 23 dollar shipping/brokerage charge by UPS for a 25 dollar item !

USPS/Canada Post brokerage would have been only about 4-6 dollars, and many companies pay that themselves, since you do pay them shipping. Title seems to like to keep their customers in the dark and don't wantr to scare them away by listing the full shipping price by using USPS, or UPS expedited/worldwide, even though it would save canadians a few dollars and be more honest business practice.

KNEE PAD REVIEW HERE
My knee bend circumference(patella- knee pit area) is 15.5 inches.

Now the knee pads are okay, they are size Large, and one of them is looser than the other and wants to slide down a bit if I bounce. When I wear my shin pads it kind of prevents the knee pads from sliding down. The windy shin pads and the knee pads kind of butt together. I tried hitting thai pads and it seemed okay, tested hitting my friend in the head and it takes the bone-on-bone shock away. Can't really grapple in them though they throw me off balance when I'm on my knees. So they are probably just going to be for striking only as they are 1+ inch thick padding..

Last edited:
Title MMA Gel Knee Pad Review:
After first mma practice with the Title MMA Gel Knee pads, I am very happy with my purchase. I wore them with my RevGear shin pads and they worked well together. The knee pads feel a little bulky at first, but I didn't notice that when I was practicing. I didn't do any heavy knee strikes, but 50% felt great! The best thing is that I did not have to reach down and adjust them once, unlike my shin gaurds! For $24.99, I highly reccomend these knee pads for mma training.

Can you measure the padded area and tell me how thick it is?

Back