TITLE - GEL bag gloves (20oz)

supersudo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
man.. i think we have a new contender for the best glove for bag training.. my friend bought it recently and he told me it was awesome.. he let me wear them and they felt like a vagina for your hand..:icon_chee

http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-gel-world-bag-gloves.html

gtwbg-bk

the thing that impressed me the most is its size... it's about the size of a 12oz. glove but it's really 20oz!!!!!... (the ONLY bag glove that is 20oz that i can find btw) it's really compact and i can literally feel it conforming to my fist. (well, it's GEL after all.. lol)

if i have to nitpick.. there are 2 things that aren't that great... the wrist is very flexible.. i guess it's good if u like that (u *should* be wearing wraps anyway).. but i would kinda like a little more wrist protection.. and there isn't enough velcro on the strap.. i have small wrists and when i make it snug.. there's just big velcro flap hanging off the glove with just a tiny portion of velcro sticking to the fuzzy part keeping it on.. i would assume u'd need tape to secure it

I currently use a pair of WINDY super bag gloves (red/black ones seen on TUF4) and they don't even compare to the GEL gloves not one bit.. the inside of the GEL gloves felt really nice and even when punching as hard as i can on the bag.. i barely felt any feedback at all on my hands while i do feel some impact in my WINDY's.. this is one top-notch glove and will be getting a pair once my WINDY's wear out..

HBG-7.JPG
BGVL3-BLACK.jpg

the only other glove that i think is up to par with it.. that i have experience with.. is probably my 16oz TWINS training glove.. but that's a bulky training glove and not specifically a bag glove.. even then, i still think the GEL gloves feel better.. it's THAT GOOD fellas.. i can't say enough about how awesome these gloves are.. and for $60.. it's well worth it!

thx...I hope what you say about the Title gloves are true.....my bag gloves are crappy lol

I remember you saying 20 oz. last time so that got me intrigued but know that I know they feel like "angels vaginas" I'm tempted to commit to these gloves.

That and those Title/Ringside gloves with the weights that add up to nearly three pounds per glove!

Happnin' Mojo said:
I remember you saying 20 oz. last time so that got me intrigued but know that I know they feel like "angels vaginas" I'm tempted to commit to these gloves.

That and those Title/Ringside gloves with the weights that add up to nearly three pounds per glove!

the weighted gloves don't have GEL in it!!!!.. did u know everlast recently released their own weighted glove?.... and who said anything about "angel's" vaginas?:icon_chee

update guys...

my friend worked on the bag with them today.. and his hands are dead tired... he said it was hard making a fist the last 2 rounds (out of 5) on the bag.. and as a result his hands are sore..

he figures the gloves aren't broken in yet..:D

I need a new pair of bag gloves, the old Everlast 12oz just aren't cutting it anymore. These are on my list, but I just can't seem to bring myself to buy anything with "Gel" yet, heh.

new update on the sizing...

i think this may be a flaw in design or something.. because on all sizes the wrists seem to be made too big and the hand compartments a little small...

for example, my friend ordered a medium for his dad and he couldn't even fit his bare hand in it.. while it was snug on the large.. but the wrist size on the large is well large..

i have small hands so i think the mediums will be adequate.. =]

o and skeet.. what's wrong with gel? lol..

I just ordered GEL handwraps, and they should be coming in a few weeks. I'm so pumped.

i have the ringside gel pair...i wish i would have saved my money and ordred Reyes instead...thgel is nothing special.

Wartorment said:
I just ordered GEL handwraps, and they should be coming in a few weeks. I'm so pumped.

why did u do that?.. i didn't hype up handwraps.. in fact they aren't really well-received here on the boards...

but if u could do a review after using them a while that'd be nice.. :icon_chee

I ordered them about 2 months ago. I'm waiting on them to become available first.

Which ones are you talking about?

I have the Everlast gel wrap glove and I also have the Ringside power gel wrap. I can do a review of either if needed

I think they're the Title ones, but it probably doesn't matter that much. How do you like them?

the truth2688 said:
has anybody used the gel world TRAINING gloves by title, i was thinking about getting a pair of the training ones and using then for hitting the bags.
the strap looks more effective on the training gloves than on the bag gloves.

heres the link: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-gel-hook-and-loop-world-training-gloves.html

if anybodys used the training gloves please give a review

what do u mean "more effective"?.. it looks just like a regular boxing glove strap.. u can get a tighter fit with the bag glove strap..

and i will never understand why ppl would use training gloves for bag work.. it'll wear them out faster bcuz they're made to be softer.. :icon_conf

I don't know man I bought Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves and I think they're the best gloves for the heavy bag ever.

Of course I never tried those so who knows. They have a similar plastic D-ring (very nice for gettin' them real tight) for the strap but the strap is wider and gives very good wrist support. Actually from design standpoint those look very similar with the color scheme and GEL written on the thumb as opposed to IMF Tech on the Ringside's. HMMMMMMMMM...someone must be lazy in the Title design department.

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25499

I do like the 20oz weight...the IMF gloves are only 14oz.

I could hit the thai bag all day with mexi-wraps and the IMF gloves and my hands feel fine afterwards.

ya i tried the imf bag gloves once, my friend uses them. Theyre pretty nice but i want to try these new gel gloves, all the hype got me curious, lol.

SUPERSUDO, when i say more effective, i say this because in the review of the gel bag gloves u said on the velcro strap that their is barely enough velcro to keep the strap secure. Id rather not have to deal with the velcro continously coming off during training or having to put tape on for every training session.

The velcro strap on the training gel gloves looks more secure.

And throughout my training i have found that training gloves usually are much more comfortable then bag gloves and provide a better feel for me, they also hold up just as long as bag gloves. I strictly box and when you do all types of different bag work i find training gloves to be more comfortable.

I don't mean to bump this from 2 years ago, but something needed to be added in in case anyone searches this out:
The sizing on the TITLE GEL gloves is mentioned as being small in one of the responses above. I could see the argument that they're a little big, as I'm wearing larges of the GEL gloves, where I normally wear between a large and an XL, but I think a lot of that has to do with the give inside the hand compartment.
The wrist strap feels a little smaller than some of what I'm used to, probably because it's non-elastic. It's an easy fix with a cuff cover, to keep sharp edges away. It's worth noting though, that these are the bag gloves, and not specifically intended for sparring.

Either way, having used the IMF and the GEL, I'd go with the GEL, any day, for any use.

Back