Title fights with the least damage inflicted

Double 99

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Have there been other title fights where there is so little damage inflicted as in JBJ / DC? It was basically a wrestling match + uppercuts from DC which didn't seem to ever phase Jones.

well DC had a pretty good limp going into the press conference and said his body was pretty hurt.

Jones said he wasnt really hurt and that DC's uppercuts didnt bother him all that much

Just the fast submissions that come to mind, like Bendo vs Pettis and some of Ronda's.

Frank Shamrock armbarred Kevin Jackson in 16 seconds way back when. I don't think much damage was actually incurred, just a quick tap from Jackson.

For a 5 round decision, Fitch/St Pierre, although I admit I haven't seen it in a long while.

Anderson took a ton of shots from Chael and didn't show hardly anything.

For a 5 round decision, Fitch/St Pierre, although I admit I haven't seen it in a long while.

I think you misunderstood the question or need to watch the fight you mentioned again.

This is what Fitch looked like after the GSP fight for all you GSP haters.

28491d1292092201-koscheck-vs-st-pierre-fitch_after_gsp.jpg

Fitch took an absolute beating. Doesn't fit the bill.

I was thinking in recent years Bagautinov vs. DJ but as I'm recalling the fight I think DJ ripped him up with some knees and a couple of good right hands too. Bagautinov didn't wilt though- I just remember the fight seeming like a bit of a sparring match at times but it also had some aggression and damage to it for sure.

Sylvia vs. AA III in terms of years ago. I think it was tentative as hell and neither of them connected on many flush shots.

Fitch took an absolute beating. Doesn't fit the bill.

I was thinking in recent years Bagautinov vs. DJ but as I'm recalling the fight I think DJ ripped him up with some knees and a couple of good right hands too. Bagautinov didn't wilt though- I just remember the fight seeming like a bit of a sparring match at times but it also had some aggression and damage to it for sure.

Sylvia vs. AA III in terms of years ago. I think it was tentative as hell and neither of them connected on many flush shots.

I was just about to say Arlovski/Sylvia III is the right answer to this question.

LOL at all the GSP haters saying the Fitch fight did no damage.

Fitch got absolutely destroyed in that fight. Great fight to watch also.

That Arlovskii / Sylvia series of fights is pretty atrocious.

More stupidity.

There was plenty of damage inflicted last night. It's just that Jones and Cormier are tough guys who are extremely hard to finish. Jones ate plenty of hard shots from Cormier and was wearing the bruises on his face. By the same token, Cormier got his mid-section worked over badly by Jones, which was the real reason that he "gassed" in the fourth.

Ever watch a GSP fight?

You are mixing up your go to insults I think.

GSP normally leaves his opponents looking like they've been though a meat grinder.

The insult you were trying for is "he never finishes"....won't take you long to find a thread including that you can participate in....:cool:

The second round was brutal. Jones and DC went to war.

Back