Titanosaur fossils (Largest (land?)animal to ever live found)

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...und-in-argentina/story-fn5fsgyc-1226921467666

I just saw this on the cbs evening news. They were as tall as a 7 story building and weigh as much as 14 adult elephants. :eek:

Here's its Femur next to a full sized man.

468059-9e8aefa4-ddc0-11e3-ada0-03258d7c0c20.jpg

The creature is believed to be a new species of Titanosaur, a long-necked, long-tailed sauropod that walked on four legs and lived some 95 million years ago in the Cretaceous Period.

The dinosaur “weighed the equivalent of more than 14 African elephants,” or about 100 tonnes, said Jose Luis Carballido, a paleontologist at the Egidio Feruglio Museum in the southern Argentine city of Trelew.

Aren't blue whales bigger than that?

Hrm... Largest land animal maybe, but a blue whale weighs significantly more than 100 tonnes. I wonder if they could make a rifle that a human being could hold and fire that would do this sucker in...

Not impressed I'm awaiting a moon or planet sized creature roaming space aiming for unintelligent life forms. :icon_lol:

Zealandia-Sauropod-Titanosaur-Titanosaurs-Titanosaurus-Dinosaur-Dinosaurs-New-Zealand-fossil-Craig-Dylke-2012.jpg

Not sure how accurate this image is but..

11h8f8k.jpg

Clearly a Godzilla publicity stunt.

Aren't blue whales bigger than that?

i don't know. I'm just repeating what the news anchor said.

Whales can't walk though, so fuck them.

Big ass animals with feet are the only truly terrifying animals.

i don't know. I'm just repeating what the news anchor said.

Whales can't walk though, so fuck them.

Big ass animals with feet are the only truly terrifying animals.

There's the 'your mom' I was waiting for.

I wonder if it will actually be the biggest found so far.

I've heard claims like that before. Mapusaurus was supposedly the biggest theropod ever found according to a bunch of new sites.

Not the Jurassic, the Cretaceous.

Back