Titanfall 2 winter 2016

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by Tedarch82, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Tedarch82

Tedarch82 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

just seen the news Titanfall 2 is due out winter this year.I love Titanfall 1 and still play it regularly, I'm surprised it doesn't get much love from people, as I really rate it highly.Anyone else here into it and looking forward to part 2? The report also stated they are going to oust the action figures/collectible merchandise with the sequel,So maybe a special edition coming out.They also stated that the sky is the limit literally in the sequel,so maybe flying Titans this time round,I can't wait for winter!

StabbyMcHatchet likes this.
  2. Minnja

Minnja Touch-Butt white belt Platinum Member

I didn't have an XBONE when the first one was released. Almost definitely will be getting the second one

Tedarch82 likes this.
  3. Tedarch82

It's ps4 too this time,and PC I think

4. StabbyMcHatchet

StabbyMcHatchet Add StabbyMcHatchet on Instagram Facebook Twitter

I have been anticipating TF2 more than any other game. I am a huge Titanfall fan. I even nerded out and bought one of these (Super sweet) controllers, and I plan to buy the Atlas headset:

[​IMG]

You obviously didn't do a search for TF2 threads though. Thanks for the update.

5. Cherry Brigand

Cherry Brigand Imagining defeating animals in hand fighting

Fighting with bf5,next cod,and gears 4. Bad timing.

6. Tedarch82

Gears will be good,IMO COD has been mediocre at best recently,And I'm not too into BF,although it will sell well,lots of good games coming out

7. Minnja

So I just subscribed to that EA Access. Played 2 games of Attrition in Titanfall. It was really fun. First game I didn't do too well, went 2-5 against players. I don't understand how to use the smart pistol, do I need to wait for the lock on before I shoot? Seems like it's really weak?

Next game I used the default assaul class and went 10-4 against pilots. Any n00b tips you guys have? Wish I got into the game earlier, it seems pretty casual and fun.

8. Terminal Strike

Terminal Strike Green Belt

Titanfall was fun, there just wasn't enough of it.

Hopefully there's a campaign and more content in the next.

9. Green Poncho

Green Poncho Brown Belt

Looking forward too it! Definitely a day one buy, always fun with the titans and I enjoyed that if I was having a bad game I could go around super kicking AI.

The first one was IMHO very balanced and everyone had a opportunity to use the titan, rather than CoD where only the top players in the game got to use the cool shit.

StabbyMcHatchet likes this.
  10. Minnja

Ok are there just tons of scrubs playing this? I feel like I'm doing way better than I should be in the few games I've played. I realized that I should just use the assault rifle instead of smart pistol. The Titan that blows up is a boss too- I almost always catch a Titan or two in the explosion.

Game is really fun. Why the hell didn't I get it right when I got my XBONE last November????

11. StabbyMcHatchet

Titanfall is a premier PvP FPS Minnja. It is the ultimate in twitch shooting, imo, but also calls for tactical wit, quick thinking and planning ahead.

Regarding the smart Pistol, my opinion on it is that it is the ultimate scrub/troll weapon and no serious, self-respecting player uses it beyond initial experimentation and the Gen9 requirements.

You have to have THREE lock ons to kill a pilot. Single lock ons will kill AI.

The reason you're doing better than you anticipate you should be is because the controls are fucking awesome and responsive, and you are actually DOING what you are trying to DO , when you aim at things quickly and shoot them. There are no built in turnspeed dampeners or other retarded programming designed to help noobs be on par with advanced players.
    All the other FPS games you've played previously have you at an advantage with Titanfall.

12. StabbyMcHatchet

I want to start Streaming on twitch when TF2 is released.

13. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

Titanfall was a huge disapointment and shit. Hardly supported later after launch and under an EA flag.

yeah..not getting this

14. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

The first one just isn't a complete game. I could never justify getting it.

15. StabbyMcHatchet

Titanfall was advertised as a PvP FPS only, and they were very clear that there was no campaign from the start. It was a complete competitive PvP FPS, still reigns as the best one IMO.

If you need to justify getting it, then you're not looking for an amazing PvP FPS.

...but just for the record you can get it for about $15 now and all the DLC content is FREE.

16. Minnja

It's free with EA Access ($5/month or $30/year) with all the DLC.