Tired of the commentary

Has23

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I’ve always supported rogan and I watch jre a lot but it’s ridiculous how much he favors Jones all the time. If you only listened too the commentary without watching the fight you would think Jones dominated. Even on jre he kept making excuses for Jones about the pulsing and tainted supplements. Jones could get caught for steroids again and he will make up some theory on how he’s a clean athlete

I’ve always supported rogan and I watch jre a lot but it’s ridiculous how much he favors Jones all the time. If you only listened too the commentary without watching the fight you would think Jones dominated. Even on jre he kept making excuses for Jones about the pulsing and tainted supplements. Jones could get caught for steroids again and he will make up some theory on how he’s a clean athlete
Dear diary

I'm guilty of bitching about JR but I feel like I'd probably miss him if he was replaced (unless his replacement is Stephen A-level)

I'm guilty of bitching about JR but I feel like I'd probably miss him if he was replaced (unless his replacement is Stephen A-level)
I'm still upset about them giving Goldie the can!!

The commentary is generally really horrible these days. It’s obvious who they’ve been told to push. I often wonder what they are watching, or why they just ignore anything good a certain fighter may do.

It is not remotely professional and takes away from my enjoyment. It should be impartial.

Yeah they were on Jones' nut as he was getting battered.

rogan isnt great but id miss him if hes replaced just like goldie. if hes gone he gets replaced with some doofus who will be 5x worse.

joe rogan commentary is very biased. when he wants the other fighter to win you can hear scream wow while nothing is really connecting as if he's a fan hoping it will connect. joe rogan is always been against judges standing a fight up he wasn't against it in the lewis fight. in the holly homes fight she was basically hugging in the clinch the whole fight, and rogan was very upset about any break up.

I learned a lot from Joe early on, I actually dominated other white belts and blue belts when I first started bjj based mostly on what I had picked up from his detailed explanations on position and technique during fights over the years. Nowadays, he is getting harder and harder to stomach. Everything is "super" this and "super" that, along with being blatantly biased when it comes to certain fighters.

Their commentary was totally fair, Reyes was getting props for everything he was landing.

I learned a lot from Joe early on, I actually dominated other white belts and blue belts when I first started bjj based mostly on what I had picked up from his detailed explanations on position and technique during fights over the years. Nowadays, he is getting harder and harder to stomach. Everything is "super" this and "super" that, along with being blatantly biased when it comes to certain fighters.
Three consistent things have bothered me about Joe's commentary for damn near 20 years:

He's ridiculously obsessed with leg kicks. Yes, I know they're effective.

Yelling about how hurt a fighter is, when clearly they're not.

His bias when a calling a fight featuring someone he's a fan of. It's "super" obvious that he's primarily focused on that fighter, not really calling the other guy's actions.

Yeah. They did get stuck on suspecting Reyes' cardio. The whole time, Reyes was still active and landing shots and it's like, "He can't keep this up much longer... any time now... he's almost tired... now he is.. oh... not quite yet... any day now..."

Then he finally slowed down at the end of the 4th, yet he still staggered and stunned Jones that round and shook off some legit take down attempts.

Yeah. They did get stuck on suspecting Reyes' cardio. The whole time, Reyes was still active and landing shots and it's like, "He can't keep this up much longer... any time now... he's almost tired... now he is.. oh... not quite yet... any day now..."

Then he finally slowed down at the end of the 4th, yet he still staggered and stunned Jones that round and shook off some legit take down attempts.
They neglected to mention in rounds 4 and 5 Jones was hobbling around like Frankenstein.

I'm still upset about them giving Goldie the can!!
I was when it originally happened but when I realized his true passion is hockey not mma I stopped caring plus when you listen to the commentary now vs back then my goodness. Much respect fo Goldie but hes far down on the list of who I'd rather listen too

Back